Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

3 hours ago, Boogs said:

Apologies for the hard-to-read dark text above. Still a lot for me to learn here.

Oh don't worry about that. It's perfectly readable. I'm glad to know that you are having so much fun readind allthis thread, even with some moments not so funny like arguments here and there, a little bit of nonsense too. But we're crazy after all. Lol :lol:

Just be careful when you post out of this safe environment here. :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Boogs said:
Well it’s taken me a few weeks to read through all 334 pages of this thread (so many links to read through, so many delightful videos to watch/scour for Izzy), so thank you once again to everyone who has shared information, replied to posts, and even speculated if only to keep the thread alive and growing. There are a few things I’d like to mention if I may:

1. For anyone here who is on Facebook - if you like, do check out the Izzy groups over there (possible sources for new pics..?), and join up to boost the numbers:

“Izzy Stradlin fans (private group)”

“Sweet Izzy Stradlin”

2. Just wondering what became of Treader. By the time there was that picture of Izzy on the beach with the wetsuit and boogie board, he had a German shepherd (Milo?) by his side, so maybe Treader was gone by then. Sad to think of Izzy sad. He probably wrote a song for him too ("How will it go"??). 

3. Izzy has admitted that he loves creating music during winter time at the end of the year. So fingers crossed the dark evenings will once again in 2017 lead him productively to his guitar to finish whatever he started working on already this year. 

4. Izzy knows exactly how we're feeling right now - look he even wrote a song about it: “Waiting” (from Miami, starts at 26:44)

Keep holding on, folks. He's coming.

5. Thanks to this thread, my curiosity has been piqued to go have a look round the Women’s Thread, wish me luck over there. But first though I’ll have to finish reading through the articles on @Zoot's excellent website. Here's the link again - for any other new members:

I came across the website months ago after seeing a link to it on Twitter, and was thrilled to later realise it all started right here in the No! Gang.

6. Does anyone know the story of that yellow string on Izzy's big white guitar? I know it's trivia but I wonder about it every time I see it.

PS. This thread is genius if only for the gifs! I'm going to try and figure out how to make some myself...

#moreIzzy

Thank you for your feedback on this thread. I enjoyed reading what you liked and your thoughts. 

I forgot the date of the pic with Izzy in a wet suit. I guess around 2000? He had Treader around 1990 and onwards so it's possible that it is still Treader. He has been seen with a German Shepard in Indiana last year, so possibly he always has those dogs. 

The song "How will it go" is from 1992 and Treader was with im on the Ju Ju Hounds tour in 1993, so this song cannot be about the dog. :)

By the way, you can add gifs or videos by copy pasting their url into the post. ;)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tori72 said:

By the way, you can add gifs or videos by copy pasting their url into the post. ;)

I really need to get the hang of this! I can imagine how Izzy might have felt when he first started tweeting. #itssocomplicated

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, annabanana said:

Will check it out, anything interesting going on there?

Not hugely tbh. The Izzy Stradlin fans group is a bit busier, a few interesting pics etc. Just like here, we’re all a-waiting with mouths wide open for any morsels of information to drop from Mr Izzy. 

• Like 1

Hi!! I'm drunk and back again. I was really surprised when I could remember my password so I figured I should post. I've been starting uni and casually dying. I'm probably gonna regret this in the morning. Okay, so I should actually start a topic right now. Hm. ... So awhile back there was a thread about izzy's songs?!? Ranking or sth?!? Did i miss the ending or did it just die out and if it did, we should resurrect it

Whiskey is never a good idea even if you think it is

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mona said:

Hi!! I'm drunk and back again. I was really surprised when I could remember my password so I figured I should post. I've been starting uni and casually dying. I'm probably gonna regret this in the morning. Okay, so I should actually start a topic right now. Hm. ... So awhile back there was a thread about izzy's songs?!? Ranking or sth?!? Did i miss the ending or did it just die out and if it did, we should resurrect it

Whiskey is never a good idea even if you think it is

It just stopped, there was also a talk of making a thread about song meanings not sure what happened to it 

16 minutes ago, annabanana said:

Yeah like more than half the people are gone :(

The lack of news from Izzy was never a problem. People posted here like crazy even if having nothing going on to really talk about.

I wonder if it's just this thread or things are slowing down on the rest of the forum too. It seems that after AFD 30th birthday passed and nothing really special happened, people felt unmotivated to go on. Again, since I don't risk myself out of this sacred and safe place, I can't say if it's happening on the forum as a whole. :shrugs:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

I agree the forum is pretty dead lately. Lots of depressing topics in Anything Goes though lol.

No word on Izzy?

Thank you for the feedback. I feel somehow relieved with this. The 'problem' is not just here. Haha 

45 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

regular mail, padded envelope.

it just seems the easiest way

I did it in the past, many years ago tbh, and all went well. Of course it was the other way around. I used to post the money inside a postcard, just in case. I believe it's safe but who knows. Things have changed since I used to do it and now the mail has modern ways to detect what's inside. :shrugs:

36 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

@Rovim and @wasted aren't around either.

Who are those people and pappytron? What they do? 

Edited by kkferro72