Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

46 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Ok so here’s the timestamps for the podcast:

1:29:00 - Funny story about Izzy calling Niven about Iron Maiden’s stage
1:39:00 - Story of Izzy quitting GNR
1:41:00 - How Izzy is doing and if Alan is still in contact (Confirms Izzy is still with and happy with his french model girlfriend)
1:42:00 - If he thinks Izzy is still up to joining GNR on tour or making music with GNR (Talks about the Nashville soundcheck)
1:44:00 - Confirms it was Meegan that brought Slash and Axl back together. Also says “girls” does he mean Erin???
1:48:00 - Talks about what Team Brazil has done for Axl
1:51:00 - Talks about any unreleased material
1:54:00 - Talking about Slash having a meltdown after turning 49

All the rest was nothing new or unrelated to GNR.

It's all radio brilliance ;)

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude or dismissive of the other stuff. I liked the whole podcast. I just knew they were looking for the new GNR/Izzy stuff. :)

Haha, all good. I kinda felt that through the way you write, still made me laugh. If anything I appreciate you making it easier for others. Honestly I can't believe how much time we spent talking hockey, can't imagine that being a hot topic for many. But if I want him to open up and develop a relationship, gotta develop a rapport. If it's through hockey, cool with me :) Thanks for listening \m/ 

39 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

What did Izzy say about Iron Maidens stage? 

I need to know, I'm a huge Iron Maiden fan, was it bad? 

...it's bad haha

Edited by Gambit83
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Gambit83 said:

Haha, all good. I kinda felt that through the way you write, still made me laugh. If anything I appreciate you making it for easier others. Honestly I can't believe how much time we spent talking hockey, can't imagine that being a hot topic for many. But if I want him to open up and develop a relationship, gotta develop a rapport. If it's through hockey, cool with me :) Thanks for listening \m/ 

...it's bad haha

You did a great interview and apparently you hockey strategy worked out fully. lol I listened through the whole 2 hours and enjoyed it very much. Thanks for that podcast! :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

So that girl maybe was right then when she told Gibbo she saw Izzy at soundcheck and he wouldn't talk to anyone but Duff 

Why Duff?  I'm sure he's got a contract with Guns and nothing more and probably can't help Izzy with whatever Izzy wanted. Plus, he kinda badmouthed Izzy a while back in that Chris Jericho interview.

Some nice bits in the interview, I can never quite work out if I like Niven or not, he has that no fucks attitude were he says as he sees it, which I admire, but on the flip side It never sits comfortably with me when people give an opinion on somebody that they admit to not having seen for years. 

The whole sound check thing was odd, so Izzy turned up  but it didn't go well? I have a hard time believing that, I'm sure it's one of those Chinese whispers type thing and Izzy was in much earlier in the game. I think Steven would have alluded to it some how if it was as Niven suggests. His speculation that Izzy is pissed off about the whole thing doesn't bode well, I just can't help feeling for every tentative step Izzy makes back into the public eye his surrounded by crazyness and everything he hates about the industry and retreats further.

I always forget just how fu*ked up these guy's  were, it always is a bit of a jolt when people talk about how much of a struggle it was just keeping them alive back in those days. I get the under current of anger that comes across in Niven, when he talks about the break down in relationship with Axl, if you think about the amount of time and energy he invested above just being the band manager.

Anyway good stuff, I have to say I did fast forward in parts. 😉

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Some nice bits in the interview, I can never quite work out if I like Niven or not, he has that no fucks attitude were he says as he sees it, which I admire, but on the flip side It never sits comfortably with me when people give an opinion on somebody that they admit to not having seen for years. 

The whole sound check thing was odd, so Izzy turned up  but it didn't go well? I have a hard time believing that, I'm sure it's one of those Chinese whispers type thing and Izzy was in much earlier in the game. I think Steven would have alluded to it some how if it was as Niven suggests. His speculation that Izzy is pissed off about the whole thing doesn't bode well, I just can't help feeling for every tentative step Izzy makes back into the public eye his surrounded by crazyness and everything he hates about the industry and retreats further.

I always forget just how fu*ked up these guy's  were, it always is a bit of a jolt when people talk about how much of a struggle it was just keeping them alive back in those days. I get the under current of anger that comes across in Niven, when he talks about the break down in relationship with Axl, if you think about the amount of time and energy he invested above just being the band manager.

Anyway good stuff, I have to say I did fast forward in parts. 😉

I do agree. Yes, great interview. And you're right, when he said "well,  none of them died"... Yeah. Brings it home a bit 

I enjoyed hearing about Izzy and how he's doing. I did listen to most of it, but thanks so much for breaking it down with times @zoot.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, purplestargirl said:

Why Duff?  I'm sure he's got a contract with Guns and nothing more and probably can't help Izzy with whatever Izzy wanted. Plus, he kinda badmouthed Izzy a while back in that Chris Jericho interview.

Duff is a partner in GnR. He isn't just on some contract, he is one of the main three bosses. He could help Izzy and Steven if he wanted to. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Huh. I thought he and Slash signed everything over to Axl back in the early 90's before his pancreas blew out.

Only the name, that's what Axl was after. Axl then created a different band using the name and that's how he could have a cover band and call it how he liked.

9 hours ago, Zoot said:

1:44:00 - Confirms it was Meegan that brought Slash and Axl back together. Also says “girls” does he mean Erin???

Axl and Meegan do have a couple of mutal friends from way back in the day. There's one that I've noticed on Instagram who seems to be on very good terms with both sides, she is friends with Erin, Meegan, Slash and all of his family but also Beta and TB. Fernando likes a lot of her posts and Iv'e seen her defending Axl before when people write horrible things and she has been to lots of NITL shows, even came to London. She told someone she's known them all since 1988. She lives in Malibu and even has a kid named after Axl. Could be her. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
Ugh morning
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Archtop said:

Yeah, I tend to forget it too. And it brings me right back to „they survived“... they don’t know how lucky they were. Niven made it sound as if he watched out for them and tried to make sure that nobody died. I must say I believe this fully. The owe their lives to several people, I guess.

Still I take everything Niven says with a grain of salt. Just gut feeling. The way he says things has me suspicious, he makes it sound as if he was preaching profund wisdom. Also he sounds so nostalgic and in awe with Axl now. Apparently he wasn’t so nostalgic about GnR just a few years ago. I wonder why. I wonder why he suddenly gives interviews. I mean, we as fans can be happy he does because we just learned a lot of new things. But somehow he seems a bit looney. Also about Axl’s astrology chart or whatever it was.

8 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Duff is a partner in GnR. He isn't just on some contract, he is one of the main three bosses. He could help Izzy and Steven if he wanted to. 

Yeah. The same goes for Slash and Axl. All could do something, Axl being is old friend from childhood and Izzy coming out to promote his cover band in 2006. 

All in all it seems to come down to money most of the time. Axl being surprised Izzy wanted „so much“ money for 2006, Izzy wanting more loot in 2016. Duff being the business man and Slash loves huge houses too and has a divorce to pay off.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Zoot said:

Ok so here’s the timestamps for the podcast:

1:29:00 - Funny story about Izzy calling Niven about Iron Maiden’s stage
1:39:00 - Story of Izzy quitting GNR
1:41:00 - How Izzy is doing and if Alan is still in contact (Confirms Izzy is still with and happy with his french model girlfriend)
1:42:00 - If he thinks Izzy is still up to joining GNR on tour or making music with GNR (Talks about the Nashville soundcheck)
1:48:00 - Talks about what Team Brazil has done for Axl
1:51:00 - Talks about any unreleased material
1:54:00 - Talking about Slash having a meltdown after turning 49

All the rest was nothing new or unrelated to GNR.

Thx Meegan for taking care of Slaxl N' Us! 

12 hours ago, purplestargirl said:

Because Duff is Izzy's Daddy *with* Long Legs:smiley-confused2:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Archtop said:

Wow, the Izzy walked out story is getting some coverage on SocMed. :wacko:

Not just social media, it's also on Loudwire & Classic Rock. Are we about to get a "bullshit" part 2 tweet? :nervous:

----

Edit: I can't stop thinking about 'What if...' he had played that night. :( Maybe they would have remembered how much fun they had playing together and he would've done more shows... Maybe we all could have seen him play live last year...

Instead we all got nothing and Izzy is still off being a MIA grumpy cat somewhere. :max:

giphy.gif

Edited by Zoot
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

He usually waits a couple of days after something is said about him.  The loot comment came a couple of days after Axl made the comment if I recall correctly.. I might be wrong.. I hope he tweets something so we might get more information.. I no one thing he won’t be on any of this next leg if Niven is right about him being pissed..

1 hour ago, Zoot said:

Not just social media, it's also on Loudwire & Classic Rock. Are we about to get a "bullshit" part 2 tweet? :nervous:

----

Edit: I can't stop thinking about 'What if...' he had played that night. :( Maybe they would have remembered how much fun they had playing together and he would've done more shows... Maybe we all could have seen him play live last year...

Instead we all got nothing and Izzy is still off being a MIA grumpy cat somewhere. :max:

giphy.gif

Izzy's probably sulking because it might true and he can't refute if that's the case.

On that note, how truthful is Niven when it comes to this kind of information?