Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

2 hours ago, downliner said:

This one?

This is all I've heard of the interview. Tomoko also shared a pic of the tour merch which was cool:

There's also this recording from a Japanese radio station of Here Comes The Rain live:-

If you do find the full interview I'd love to hear it too :headbang:

Yep! That's the the one! I'll keep looking around, if I find it I'll let you guys know. :) 

From a column on Rick Richards

Between 1992 and 2010, Richards co-wrote and played lead guitar on a dozen records with Izzy Stradlin. “Izzy goes through guitars like you wouldn’t believe. He’s got such a great collection, Gibsons mostly. I played his acoustics from the Guns ‘N Roses days on that stuff. For the electric, all the Izzy stuff is my ’58 Special and actually, Mesa Boogie amps. We had just done some dates with Keith Richards on his Main Offender tour and I knew he played Boogies, so I was trying to kind of go for that tone, which I did not even get close to, of course (laughs)!”

http://www.vintageguitar.com/26296/rick-richards/

So Izzy's a little collector! I've read somewhere that he also has a nice collection of bikes :)

• Like 2

Thanks for reaching out to him (I thanked Tomoko on his channel. :)) I wonder what ever happened to the japan videos they were talking about and why there were never released. Would've been cool to see better quality videos of his shows.

I also wish chopaway/beenafix would come back but I understand if you don't have the time. I found Izzy's solo stuff before I ever discovered GNR and used to love that forum back in the day. So thanks for running it as long as you did! :headbang: Maybe if it came back it would motivate Izzy to get his butt out on tour or at least to talk more to his fans. :lol:

Does Izzy run the classicrockstuff you tube channel, do you reckon we can get him release some of his old tour vids. I think I read his brother Joe use to tour with him and record a lot of the shows so he must have footage. Anybody  think they can appeal to Izzy in 140 characters to get some stuff released.?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Does Izzy run the classicrockstuff you tube channel, do you reckon we can get him release some of his old tour vids. I think I read his brother Joe use to tour with him and record a lot of the shows so he must have footage. Anybody  think they can appeal to Izzy in 140 characters to get some stuff released.?

I am thinking he does run it unless he hires someone but I don't see that..he might release it..he just posted on twitter something from the JuJu Hounds..lets all send him tweets.. @downliner he has a connection to him have him contact him and ask him.. just a thought.. he has a lot of fans that would love to listen to him. I wonder if he browses this forum?

8 minutes ago, Kmartin9928 said:

I wonder if he browses this forum?

:smiley-confused2:Really hope not.

I was interested in the recent juju hounds tweet. I always got the impression that band collapsed in a bad way,so it was good to see him acknowledge them.

As for the you tube channel, it has to have some connection to him. Don't really know how youtube works, can you send messages to the site owner?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Archtop said:

:smiley-confused2:Really hope not.

I was interested in the recent juju hounds tweet. I always got the impression that band collapsed in a bad way,so it was good to see him acknowledge them.

As for the you tube channel, it has to have some connection to him. Don't really know how youtube works, can you send messages to the site owner?

You have to have a google + account linked to use the Youtube message system and that Classicrockstuffs account doesn't have one. :( Maybe somebody on here whose braver than me can email him with that email he posted on twitter... :lol:

Edit: Wait... wouldn't Rick Richards have that footage too? Maybe he'll give it to us. He's easier to get a hold of than the Ninja. Or maybe somebody should tweet Izzy "Give us the tour footage or we're holding the avocados ransom...Please?"  :lol:

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Archtop said:

Every time I did an interview, which was usually to coincide with a new album release, I'd ask about unreleased material :lol:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, downliner said:

Every time I did an interview, which was usually to coincide with a new album release, I'd ask about unreleased material :lol:

What was his answer, did he seem interested. 

How did you interview him, by phone or e-mail?

57 minutes ago, Kris_1989 said:

He's the ninja and Jason Bourne of rock. :P

giphy.gif

:rofl-lol:

Remember when He post this on twitter

CcjERlHW4AAsZ_m.jpg

I want more of Twizzy jokes!

Still curious why He post Axl impersonator with caption "Better than Axl" while We know He recruited Axl because He likes His voice :max:

Edited by SerenityScorp
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

Still curious why He post Axl impersonator with caption "Better than Axl" while We know He recruited Axl because He likes His voice :max:

I don't remember it having a caption? Just that he tweeted the videos. But Izzy has always had a sarcastic sense of humor so he was probably just being a smart ass.

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kris_1989 said:

I don't remember it having a caption? Just that he tweeted the videos. But Izzy has always had a sarcastic sense of humor so he was probably just being a smart ass.

Yeah, I always read that tweet as a joke and not a dig.