Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

when on a flight to Japan with the other Gunners and ordered by his manager to get rid of all drugs about his person and Izzy had done so accordingly, sending himself straight into a coma lasting thirty-six hours that almost necessitated canceling the gigs they'd come to play.

I remember Steven mentioning this in his book or in an interview before. 

Anyone else get the feeling that there are things in Izzy past that really don't sit with him very well. I think of the themes that repeat in his songs moving fordward, walking, on down the road. I have the impression his not comfortable, or has not reconciled with his early life of debauchery?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Anyone else get the feeling that there are things in Izzy past that really don't sit with him very well. I think of the themes that repeat in his songs moving fordward, walking, on down the road. I have the impression his not comfortable, or has not reconciled with his early life of debauchery?

Agreed 100%.

18 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Absolutely. That's probably also why he refused to do that interview with his ex gf's involved.

The only one I found apart from that vid is this:

- I love recording like this, means Slash. During Appetite..., Lies and Use Your... I had to put up with Izzy the whole time. I never liked playing with him. It was wonderful to escape him on this record. It sounds tighter and so much cooler than anything we've done before. I always got irritated over Izzy's way of playing. It didn't sound right. Before "Spaghetti", we erased his guitar and Gilby put on a new one. It sounded perfect!

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=13

Did Slash really say all that bullshit? :max:

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

The only one I found apart from that vid is this:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/articles/showarticle.php?articleid=13

Did Slash really say all that bullshit? :max:

That was after Izzy had left. They were still pissed off at him. Of course he wasnt gonna say anything good about him, Just like how Axl had dedicated Double Talkin Jive for the better part of 93 to Izzy

• Like 1

I remember there was an interview where they asked Izzy about Slash's comments and he was like "No, that's Axl talking and Slash repeating it." or something like that. But I thought it was about Demo tapes. Not Izzy's playing. As far as I've heard Slash always liked Izzy but wanted to be the only guitarist. That was his only issue. The demo interview was hilarious though because Izzy was his usual smartass self and said something along the lines of "Well, I guess he's right. Slash always did label his demos nicely."

• Like 2

I think they really liked or at least respected each other. Slash called Izzy to be on his solo record I dont think you do that with someone you hate to work with. He was probably pissed when he said that or whatever, I recall reading Slash also saying a few years ago something like he had never sounded better than with Izzy by his side. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SerenityScorp said:

I think its what He said. They fought about lead Guitar position before

Btw thts wht Im looking for thx @Darkenchantress

A pretty harsh and unfair analysis from Slash then, if that is word for word what he actually said. Im going to say Slash was drunk and high when he said that :lol: you would have to be smoking crack to think that! It really doesn't matter now seeing as Izzy and slash have worked together since. 

What about Axl shunning Izzy when he went round to his house? He saw him on the security camera and said he didn't want to answer! 

I think Izzy reached out to the others after the break up much more than they did to him. 

56 minutes ago, Archtop said:

how come you guys are still posting in pictures, I seem to have lost the ability?

You can't upload images but you can post pictures already on the internet by c&p-ing the image url.

Like this...

tumblr_oh9ylmBO9H1txhe6eo1_500.jpg

Edited by KiraMPD
Izzy pic!!!
  • Like 1