Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

8 minutes ago, Politania said:

How would you and  other fans interpret this: "lives out in the desert"  ?  Is this an indication of specific part of Los Angeles?

I take it to mean that he doesn't live in LA or really that close to it. That he lives in a fairly remote location. 

Matt also says that he himself "lives out in the desert" and then says he lives in Palm Springs. :shrugs:

Palm Springs is a couple hours drive out of LA. On the edge of the Joshua Tree National Park.

So...It's not really a specific indication. It's very vague. Could be anywhere really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, while I'm here, random question about Izzy's music...

Why do certain albums of his appear, disappear and then reappear on Spotify or (I'm assuming) other streaming services?

Some albums seem to be there all the time, whereas others, like the Fire album, aren't. They come and go.

Does the artist have anything to do with which of their albums are available? Or not at all?

It's probably a silly question, but I honestly have not much idea about it :shrugs:

1 hour ago, Claudia333 said:

Also, while I'm here, random question about Izzy's music...

Why do certain albums of his appear, disappear and then reappear on Spotify or (I'm assuming) other streaming services?

Some albums seem to be there all the time, whereas others, like the Fire album, aren't. They come and go.

Does the artist have anything to do with which of their albums are available? Or not at all?

It's probably a silly question, but I honestly have not much idea about it :shrugs:

Thanks for the interview, Claudia. Did Matt say anything else about Izzy?

The spotify thing, I noticed that with other artists, too. I guess it’s due to spotify or legal stuff, not the artists themselves.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Tori72 said:

Thanks for the interview, Claudia. Did Matt say anything else about Izzy?

The spotify thing, I noticed that with other artists, too. I guess it’s due to spotify or legal stuff, not the artists themselves.

I don't think he said much else. For the clip I posted above he said that Izzy is a "very interesting guy". He also said that Izzy called him to see if he wanted to do FP Money, and that Matt went to Izzy's Ojai place to talk about it. 

There is a much longer interview with Matt and his new band Deadland Ritual that I haven't listened to all of yet.

And thanks for the Spotify info too :lol:

Edited by Claudia333
  • Like 2

On 18.01.2019 at 9:11 AM, Claudia333 said:

I take it to mean that he doesn't live in LA or really that close to it. That he lives in a fairly remote location. 

Matt also says that he himself "lives out in the desert" and then says he lives in Palm Springs. :shrugs:

Palm Springs is a couple hours drive out of LA. On the edge of the Joshua Tree National Park.

So...It's not really a specific indication. It's very vague. Could be anywhere really.

:lol: the first thing that came to my mind when I read is a picture: a real desert, Izzy on a camel, and harem of women waiting for him :lol::lol:

Edited by Politania
  • Haha 2

Hello.  :heart:  Long time since I have been in here, hope everyone’s well. I came across this today. Does anyone know more about trunk is talking about? A new collaboration with Izzy, is this something to do with Matts new band. 

Edited by Archtop
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

Hello.  :heart:  Long time since I have been in here, hope everyone’s well. I came across this today. Does anyone know more about trunk is talking about? A new collaboration with Izzy, is this something to do with Matts new band. 

Hi!

See the clip I posted a few posts back.

Eddie is just talking about what Matt said in that.

It's not new music. The title is misleading.

Eddie just didn't know that Matt and Izzy had done FP Money together, and didn't seem to know that Izzy had been releasing new music at all in the past few years, and was quite excited about this fact.

Matt and his new band were on Eddie's show, doing a live thing in the Rainbow in LA last week as part of NAMM, and someone prompted Eddie to ask Matt about Izzy.

Matt then just spoke about how they'd done FP Money and spoke a bit about where Izzy lives, how they'd been to each other's houses etc.

Nothing new so far :lol:

That's not to say that Izzy won't collaborate with Matt again soon, because Matt did say "he could call me tomorrow...(and we could do a song"...

But so far Matt has only talked about writing new stuff with Deadland Ritual

Edited by Claudia333
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Claudia333 said:

Hi!

See the clip I posted a few posts back.

Eddie is just talking about what Matt said in that.

It's not new music. The title is misleading.

Eddie just didn't know that Matt and Izzy had done FP Money together, and didn't seem to know that Izzy had been releasing new music at all in the past few years, and was quite excited about this fact.

Matt and his new band were on Eddie's show, doing a live thing in the Rainbow in LA last week as part of NAMM, and someone prompted Eddie to ask Matt about Izzy.

Matt then just spoke about how they'd done FP Money and spoke a bit about where Izzy lives, how they'd been to each other's houses etc.

Nothing new so far :lol:

That's not to say that Izzy won't collaborate with Matt again soon, because Matt did say "he could call me tomorrow...(and we could do a song"...

But so far Matt has only talked about writing new stuff with Deadland Ritual

I should know better than to just come in and not look back at the last couple of pages. Soooo disappointing it’s not something new, Trunk seems kinda of clueless, but often is unless his talking about music in his comfort zone.

New news that his living out in the desert, so Ojai must be like a recording studio. Palm Springs, is where Matt lives is that area desert? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Archtop said:

I should know better than to just come in and not look back at the last couple of pages. Soooo disappointing it’s not something new, Trunk seems kinda of clueless, but often is unless his talking about music in his comfort zone.

New news that his living out in the desert, so Ojai must be like a recording studio. Palm Springs, is where Matt lives is that area desert? 

Yes, it seems to be desert:heart:

Edited by Claudia333

59 minutes ago, Archtop said:

Trunk seems kinda of clueless, but often is unless his talking about music in his comfort zone.

And yeah, I was kind of surprised that he didn't seem to know that Izzy had released music online. :shrugs: 

Interesting that Eddie said he's going to try and get an interview with Izzy. 

The most irritating thing,is that some people use Izzy's name just to win some publicity... The problem is that they do not understand that izzy decides where he is going to give an interview... Not them. So they should stop trying force him to speak about the reunion or smth else.. @Archtop we 've missed you:hug:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cindy1985 said:

The most irritating thing,is that some people use Izzy's name just to win some publicity... The problem is that they do not understand that izzy decides where he is going to give an interview... Not them. So they should stop trying force him to speak about the reunion or smth else.. @Archtop we 've missed you:hug:

:hug:Thanks, I miss you all, I will try to drop in a bit more, but everything went so quiet on the Izzy front. I half wonder if he got scared off by the petition, You know like awkward about it?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Archtop said:

:hug:Thanks, I miss you all, I will try to drop in a bit more, but everything went so quiet on the Izzy front. I half wonder if he got scared off by the petition, You know like awkward about it?

Nah. He was silent long before the petition. His attitude is, "Take the songs I'm nice enough to give you and leave me alone." Izzy has no interest in cultivating a fan base. And no one can do it for him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, beautifulanddamned said:

Nah. He was silent long before the petition. His attitude is, "Take the songs I'm nice enough to give you and leave me alone." Izzy has no interest in cultivating a fan base. And no one can do it for him. 

That totally is his attitude, that’s what I think. lol

A little mean and merciless but we love him anyway. :lol: Also, the man got a freaking fan base without doing anything. ANYTHING. :heart:

And hello to you two, @beautifulanddamned and @Archtop! Lovely to see you here again :hug:!

• Like 2

Had to jump into this thread for the first time because I finally found my copy of Ju Ju Hounds that I thought went missing years ago :lol: listening to it tonight and it makes me want to explore more of his discography, is it worth just going chronologically or are there some highlights that should be listened to before others?

Re: Eddie Trunk, he tries so hard to be in the know but I'm pretty sure he's googling or searching wikipedia for answers as the questions roll in..

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gackt said:

Had to jump into this thread for the first time because I finally found my copy of Ju Ju Hounds that I thought went missing years ago :lol: listening to it tonight and it makes me want to explore more of his discography, is it worth just going chronologically or are there some highlights that should be listened to before others?

Re: Eddie Trunk, he tries so hard to be in the know but I'm pretty sure he's googling or searching wikipedia for answers as the questions roll in..

Hi there and welcome! There’s no need to go chronologically but you might as well. There isn’t a bad album! My highlights are 117 degrees, Like a dog and Concrete. Enjoy!!!! :headbang:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...