The Best Case Scenario for 2017 and 2018

Dcrazed212

LONG time reader, first time poster.

Dear Guns N Roses,

This is what I propose to close out the Guns N Roses legacy.

2017 Finish the NITL tour.

Drop an album of original new material.  You guys should have been writing on those long plane rides together in the back of that shiny new Jet. Along with ideas that all of you have had, and secretly wanted your idea to be a GUNS record but never admitted it.

While on break in between tours, just go in and finish the new album in a couple months just like you did with Appetite.  Just release it.  No drama, no years to make an album.  The state of music doesn’t care that much anymore for drama and long waited delays.  Just go in, knock it out the park, and release it.

Major announcement in 3rd or 4th quarter of 2017  that includes a new DOUBLE album.  1 album is all original, the other is a fully re-mastered  AFD 30 for the 30 year anniversary.  Released as separate albums, they will go to # 1 and # 2 just like UYI I and II did.

Izzy and Steven will be involved.

Start the first leg of your last MAJOR Tour.  Make it an arena tour, not a stadium tour.  Big enough to be an epic production, but still small enough where the crowd feels the energy.

The tour begins, the curtain drops, and it’s you,  the original 5, with the original logo behind you  on screen, and you blast into It’s so Easy.  Crowd will go absolutely ape shit crazy.

NO keyboards, no backup, just the original 5.  You go through 3 or 4 AFD songs. The lights dim.   Slash does a solo.  Then Matt hits the stage and you blast into You could be mine.  Crowd is still going ape shit crazy.

Now  the keyboards , back up singers,  fireworks and the rest of the hoopla is on stage etc….

To sum up the new tour.

Lead Vocals – Axl

Lead guitar – Slash

Bass guitar – Duff

Rhythm guitar – Izzy  / Fortus ( Richard Fortus is there and they go back and forth, as Izzy won’t do the CD stuff, and Izzy could just split at any time )

Drums – Steven Adler on all AFD songs.  Matt Sorum everything else.  ( Lets face it, we all love Steven, but he is not capable of learning, and playing well all of the other stuff.  Matt is one of those guys with all the bands he has been in can learn anything, and will do the bulk of the show. )

Keyboards – Dizzy and Melissa ( who really cares anyway )

Tour the world twice.  Go home and retire.  Play a benefit or one off show every few years.

The above scenario would be an epic moment in Rock history when Rock is pretty much dead.

This would cement you guys as probably the greatest ever, as now you are just part of the conversation as greatest ever.

Yes, I know, amazing idea.  I’m a pretty smart guy.  If anyone from Guns Management wants to contact me to thank me for this letter :) , you can  PM me directly here.

Yours Truly,

Long time Fan

We're all going to have our wish lists as fans but the reality of it is that the band owes us nothing. I believe they're going to have us fans in mind for future plans but not at the expense or in spite of their own self interests. Hell, I'm simply grateful to have had a chance to see the original 3 in concert this year. I believe more is in store for us but I'm not expecting any miracles at this point. 

• Like 1

But yeah- that would be the GnR show to end all GnR shows. It might even make a majority of fans happy- a damn near impossible feat for this band. 

To me, a realistic best case is they release a new album somewhere in 2017 (before the new rumored NA leg?) and the band is still together and "happy" by the time this tour wraps up. 

my dream scenario would involve guns dropping a double album of the remainder of chinese democracy with slash and duff doing touch ups in '17 and a new original album with slash, duff, axl and maybe some izzy contributions in '18............in the midst of playing about 5-10 shows in the northeast united states in the 2 years.

Best case scenario is Axl will work on a new album for 2 to 3 years and release it. Best case the tour will be over and Axl will get straight to work. Best case never happens for us.

Realistic scenario is Slash will flip flop back and forth again for years between Guns and the Conspirators until Axl is ready for him to enter his big ass studio and record more layers.

Edited by Rovim

6 hours ago, The Black said:

Expected scenario:

Slash goes back to the conspirators and records and releases a new album. Upon completion, he tours with his band. Guns N' Roses takes a break until they do another tour with the same material. No new Guns N' Roses album will be released.

nah, i disagree. Axl, Duff and Slash have had another taste of what REAL stardom is. Steven has had but a sip. all they need is Izzy to have one drink of the stardom power drink and POW! AFD5 '17. that's my prediction and my opionion and hope :D

It's a great dream @Dcrazed212. Once the NITL tour pays off Axl's life style, Slash's divorce and Duffs new house maybe they will be inclined to share the loot evenly.  Then if they cut all the extra dross, and do an original line up with Izzy (assuming it's a road he wants to walk down) as AFD 30 another tour without new material might work.

I also wonder if Slash and Duff would be happy to go back to their other projects after the spectacular they are currently riding. If your back on top, and enjoying yourself wouldn't you want to prolong it as long as possible? so as far as I see the options are the above scenario or new music, either way  a win win situation.

• Like 1

I don't really want "the big 5", if you what I mean, I like the Appettie line up but, Izzy to me is not the best guitar player of all time (please dont kill me), I think Fortus is waaay better than he is and Izzy wouldn't play the CD stuff and I love CD. I don't think Steven can pull of new songs besides what he already knows, maybe I'm wrong, I would love to see him back full time.

What I want to happen: End of this tour on 2017, 2018 a new album with a new tour, they retiring at 2022 max, after that releasing the discography again, with bonus footage, demos all that shit

What I believe will happen: The tour will end, Slash gonna go back to his band, Duff the same, Axl is gonna disaper, maybe a year or two before this they gonna tour again, maybe not

• 2 weeks later...

These cats can throw a album together  in a few months and they will just wait and see - Axl has some lyrics he has penned up for years and Slash cant write a Epic album in a few months - I bet he already from what Richard said in a interview they alreday have a bunch of stuff to work on - Slash has a whole album he made for guns in 2004 - Izzy wrote half of it just work on it and record it