GNR Takes Swings at Donald Trump (the foam kind)

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

''Yes dude, because it is so fuckin' cool dude to, when you should be playing music instead, beat up a mannequin of a democratically elected leader who has not even stepped into his office yet. Guns n' fuckin roses rawk' Attitude''.

Adolf was democratically elected.  

• Like 3

Obviously this panders successfully to 'the hordes' and I'm in the minority here, so I'll leave you lot to bask in its controversial 'edginess', and you never know, perhaps they will trot the thing out for every concert from now on? Easier than writing music I suppose!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

Obviously this panders successfully to 'the hordes' and I'm in the minority here, so I'll leave you lot to bask in its controversial 'edginess', and you never know, perhaps they will trot the thing out for every concert from now on? Easier than writing music I suppose!

You do realize they did this in Mexico for a reason, right? It was a joke, that lasted for a couple seconds. Get fucking over it. And putting this in regard of wirting music is just too fucking stupid. It's ridiculous. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, xBrownstonex said:

You do realize they did this in Mexico for a reason, right? It was a joke, that lasted for a couple seconds. Get fucking over it.

I'm only replying to it as the news reaches me this morning, which has taken all but five minutes. I looked at it and thought, stupid gimmicky silliness. My opinion. But I will leave you lot to it, to enjoy it, and will not reply further in this thread as you lot obviously adore it.

3 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

And putting this in regard of wirting music is just too fucking stupid. It's ridiculous.

You are right there: Guns writing music is clearly a ridiculous proposition!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

I'm not sure what's the most embarrassing thing, this cheap idea to get into the mainstream, Gangsta Del James or the 'Gonna call the president' line. This is as pathetic as Green Day singing 'No Trump, No KKK, no fascist USA' on TV.

• Like 3

Haha this is what happens when you spread hate, fear, and violence in your political message. People become hostile...if anyone is surprised as to why any Mexican wouldn't like Trump then you need a history lesson. 

As far as GNR getting involved in the message...it's fine by me. They came to entertain an audience, they did that. I get why some are mad though, political affiliation is one of the stronger forms of attachments you will ever have. It often allows us to normalize are feelings, thoughts and beliefs. 

However some people have racist thoughts, hatred as feelings, and like to believe government was taking away their ability to be white by going to war on Christmas, religion, and taking away jobs that have been irrelevant for 40 years...so as people we need to respect the fact that some have this affiliation still and we as a minority should be more tolerant of their views seeing as they were the first ones here. 

Anyways...Donald Trump, no idea where some found hope in this man hopefully his presidency isn't as bad as his thoughts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

It's disgusting. 

You people would be losing your minds if the situation was reversed. 

If Hillary had won the election and some random band brought a doll of her on stage and beat the shit out of it...nobody would be saying how awesome it was. 

There would be nothing but posts about how violent and evil republicans were. How classless it was. 

Or if an Obama doll was brought on stage and destroyed. Nobody would be saying how awesome it was. 

Applauding simulated violence against the president of the United States. While complaining that Trump and his followers are spreading hate and negativity. 

This is some sick stuff. 

Finally someone with common sense.  Thank you for this post :). 

• Like 2

i agree with @Silent Jay this was likely Del James idea..the guy goes into conniptions about Trump every day.

its very strange to see a near 60 year old man act so irrational about this, especially considering he presents himself as this big macho biker-type guy.   

Edited by -W.A.R-
  • Like 3

One one hand, I like that the band made a statement that means something to the Mexican people and represents their sentiment. On the other, I think they could have found another way to express this sentiment instead of simulating a lynching mob. But then, GnR is a rock 'n' roll band and, as pointed out, not a subtle one.

• Like 1