vote for Axl- Rock Titan Of The Year-

Well the results are in. GNR wins four out of six categories they were nominated for.

Guns N’ Roses Members Win Four Honors in 6th Annual Loudwire Music Awards

by Joe DiVita January 10, 2017 10:4AM

With Slash and Duff McKagan back in Guns N’ Roses, the band dominated 2016. The fan response was positively sensational as the legendary outfit raked in $117 million on the U.S. leg of the ‘Not in This Lifetime…’ tour alone. Garnering the same attention in the 6th Annual Loudwire Music Awards, fans stuck to their… guns… in support, which resulted in the band nabbing four victories.

Guns N’ Roses and respective band members received a total of six nominations: Slash for Best Guitarist of the Year, Duff Mckagan for Best Bassist of the Year, Axl Rose for Best Vocalist and Rock Titan of the Year, with the band getting a nod for Best Live Act as well as Most Devoted Fans. Ironically enough, they lost in the Live Act and Most Devoted Fans categories to Babymetal, who will be opening for them on select dates.

Slash handily ran away with the title for Best Guitarist, beating out runner-up Mark Tremonti (Alter Bridge). McKagan received nearly 35 percent of the votes for Best Bassist withDavid Ellefson (Megadeth) trailing in second, good enough to almost match the margin of victory set by his bandmate Slash.

Axl Rose didn’t command quite the same dominance over his opponents, but managed to walk away with the title of Best Vocalist and Rock Titan of the Year, beating out three-time Loudwire Music Awards Vocalist of the Year winner Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge) and Ghost‘s Papa Emeritus III, respectively.

View the results below and thanks for voting!

Best Guitarist of the Year

Best Guitarist of the Year (Poll Closed)

Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)  1.65%   

John 5 (Rob Zombie / John 5 and the Creatures)  8.22%   

Jim Matheos (Fates Warning)  1.78%   

Munky / Head (Korn)  3.81%   

Dave Mustaine / Kiko Loureiro (Megadeth)  9.28%   

Eric Peterson / Alex Skolnick (Testament)  1.13%   

Mark Tremonti (Tremonti / Alter Bridge)  23.5%   

Slash (Guns N' Roses)  45.18%   

Ben Weinman (Dillinger Escape Plan / Giraffe Tongue Orchestra)  0.92%   

Zakk Wylde (Zakk Wylde / Zakk Sabbath)  4.53%   

Best Bassist of the Year

Best Bassist of the Year (Poll Closed)

Frank Bello (Anthrax)  4.12%   

David Ellefson (Megadeth)  16.4%   

Fat Mike (NOFX)  1%   

Fieldy (Korn)  7.06%   

Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers)  12.27%   

Linus Klausenitzer (Obscura)  4%   

Duff McKagan (Guns N' Roses)  35.47%   

Martin Mendez (Opeth)  2.38%   

John Moyer (Disturbed, Art of Anarchy)  9.36%   

Nikki Sixx (Sixx: A.M.)  7.94%   

Best Vocalist of the Year

Best Vocalist of the Year (Poll Closed)

Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)  1.61%   

Jonathan Davis (Korn)  3.41%   

David Draiman (Disturbed)  11.15%   

Joe Duplantier (Gojira)  2.09%   

Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge)  33.82%   

Jesse Leach (Killswitch Engage)  1.14%   

Chino Moreno (Deftones)  1.38%   

Greg Puciato (Dillinger Escape Plan)  0.59%   

Axl Rose (Guns N' Roses / AC/DC)  40%   

Devin Townsend  4.8%   

Rock Titan of the Year

Rock Titan of the Year (Poll Closed)

Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)  6.67%   

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)  7.07%   

David Draiman (Disturbed)  10.41%   

Axl Rose (Guns N' Roses, AC/DC)  34.37%   

The Ghost Inside  0.73%   

Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)  3.92%   

Papa Emeritus III (Ghost)  22.9%   

Corey Taylor (Slipknot)  9.64%   

Zakk Wylde  1.1%   

Rob Zombie  3.19%   

• Like 3

So, I admit, I actually voted for Zakk Wylde as the best guitarist several times. 4.53%, can't believe it.

He's clearly one of the best guitarists worldwide at the moment, far ahead of most others on that list. And as someone in the comment section there rightfully asked, where the hell is Angus Young???

Such polls really don't make much sense....

9 hours ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Well the results are in. GNR wins four out of six categories they were nominated for.

Guns N’ Roses Members Win Four Honors in 6th Annual Loudwire Music Awards

by Joe DiVita January 10, 2017 10:4AM

With Slash and Duff McKagan back in Guns N’ Roses, the band dominated 2016. The fan response was positively sensational as the legendary outfit raked in $117 million on the U.S. leg of the ‘Not in This Lifetime…’ tour alone. Garnering the same attention in the 6th Annual Loudwire Music Awards, fans stuck to their… guns… in support, which resulted in the band nabbing four victories.

Guns N’ Roses and respective band members received a total of six nominations: Slash for Best Guitarist of the Year, Duff Mckagan for Best Bassist of the Year, Axl Rose for Best Vocalist and Rock Titan of the Year, with the band getting a nod for Best Live Act as well as Most Devoted Fans. Ironically enough, they lost in the Live Act and Most Devoted Fans categories to Babymetal, who will be opening for them on select dates.

Slash handily ran away with the title for Best Guitarist, beating out runner-up Mark Tremonti (Alter Bridge). McKagan received nearly 35 percent of the votes for Best Bassist withDavid Ellefson (Megadeth) trailing in second, good enough to almost match the margin of victory set by his bandmate Slash.

Axl Rose didn’t command quite the same dominance over his opponents, but managed to walk away with the title of Best Vocalist and Rock Titan of the Year, beating out three-time Loudwire Music Awards Vocalist of the Year winner Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge) and Ghost‘s Papa Emeritus III, respectively.

View the results below and thanks for voting!

Best Guitarist of the Year

Best Guitarist of the Year (Poll Closed)

Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)  1.65%   

John 5 (Rob Zombie / John 5 and the Creatures)  8.22%   

Jim Matheos (Fates Warning)  1.78%   

Munky / Head (Korn)  3.81%   

Dave Mustaine / Kiko Loureiro (Megadeth)  9.28%   

Eric Peterson / Alex Skolnick (Testament)  1.13%   

Mark Tremonti (Tremonti / Alter Bridge)  23.5%   

Slash (Guns N' Roses)  45.18%   

Ben Weinman (Dillinger Escape Plan / Giraffe Tongue Orchestra)  0.92%   

Zakk Wylde (Zakk Wylde / Zakk Sabbath)  4.53%   

Best Bassist of the Year

Best Bassist of the Year (Poll Closed)

Frank Bello (Anthrax)  4.12%   

David Ellefson (Megadeth)  16.4%   

Fat Mike (NOFX)  1%   

Fieldy (Korn)  7.06%   

Flea (Red Hot Chili Peppers)  12.27%   

Linus Klausenitzer (Obscura)  4%   

Duff McKagan (Guns N' Roses)  35.47%   

Martin Mendez (Opeth)  2.38%   

John Moyer (Disturbed, Art of Anarchy)  9.36%   

Nikki Sixx (Sixx: A.M.)  7.94%   

Best Vocalist of the Year

Best Vocalist of the Year (Poll Closed)

Mikael Akerfeldt (Opeth)  1.61%   

Jonathan Davis (Korn)  3.41%   

David Draiman (Disturbed)  11.15%   

Joe Duplantier (Gojira)  2.09%   

Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge)  33.82%   

Jesse Leach (Killswitch Engage)  1.14%   

Chino Moreno (Deftones)  1.38%   

Greg Puciato (Dillinger Escape Plan)  0.59%   

Axl Rose (Guns N' Roses / AC/DC)  40%   

Devin Townsend  4.8%   

Rock Titan of the Year

Rock Titan of the Year (Poll Closed)

Billie Joe Armstrong (Green Day)  6.67%   

Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)  7.07%   

David Draiman (Disturbed)  10.41%   

Axl Rose (Guns N' Roses, AC/DC)  34.37%   

The Ghost Inside  0.73%   

Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)  3.92%   

Papa Emeritus III (Ghost)  22.9%   

Corey Taylor (Slipknot)  9.64%   

Zakk Wylde  1.1%   

Rob Zombie  3.19%   

Nice wins! :headbang: Thanks for posting the results.

• Like 3

Glad to see they won in 4 especially considering other bands shared on their social medias and fans spammed it daily. I imagine Guns would have blown their categories away had we done the same.

The most devoted fans should have been a shoe in for us considering so many stuck through the whole breakup etc of the band. 

Nice to see Axl took the title from the 3 time champion as Myles as well. 

I wish Guns as a whole could have won in some categories. Axl was in artist of the year and Guns was in tour of the year.. Last I checked Def Leppard was commanding that one by a bunch. It was a 3 band tour and benefited highly from sharing on social media and the three fan bases votes. I wonder if Ultimate Rock has closed their polls and if Guns was in other categories. I didn't see anyone mention those here during voting. 

So since I've not really seen this out there on Guns main pages or Axl's. I believe I seen a fan share it on Slash's somewhere, I'm quite proud.

Edited by BOSSY78
Edit

Judging from the winners in the other categories, these polls don't mean much (they say a lot though about the state of rock today and what is popular). I couldn't stand listening more than half of the Alter Bridge song that won the "best rock song of the year" award on the loudwire poll (but then most of the other nominated songs aren't much better). As for the Ultimate Classic Rock poll, although the nominations were better, it's sad to see that David Bowie got less than 2% of the votes for the "artist of the year" award; and I think there was a video from a Def Leppard show in which Joe Elliot was seemingly lip syncing, yet they won the "tour of the year" award.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Judging from the winners in the other categories, these polls don't mean much (they say a lot though about the state of rock today and what is popular). I couldn't stand listening more than half of the Alter Bridge song that won the "best rock song of the year" award on the loudwire poll (but then most of the other nominated songs aren't much better). As for the Ultimate Classic Rock poll, although the nominations were better, it's sad to see that David Bowie got less than 2% of the votes for the "artist of the year" award; and I think there was a video from a Def Leppard show in which Joe Elliot was seemingly lip syncing, yet they won the "tour of the year" award.

It's really funny, that Alter Bridge song that won "best rock song of the year" not only isn't the best song on their new album, it's not even in the top 5.

The Def Leppard thing seems pretty ridiculous as well, I didn't even know they were touring. GNR on the other hand was a worldwide success but whatever...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blackstar said:

The Def Leppard one was with 2 other bands. I'm sure they benefited from all 3 fan groups. I too was surprised about Bowie not getting more but again the poll likely wasn't shared with fans just like I haven't seen it shared here or elsewhere for the Ultimate Rock one.

I posed about it but mistakenly thought it was already posted somewhere in the thread

I voted for Sound of Silence for song of year

Edited by BOSSY78
Added

51 minutes ago, BOSSY78 said:

The Def Leppard one was with 2 other bands. I'm sure they benefited from all 3 fan groups. I too was surprised about Bowie not getting more but again the poll likely wasn't shared with fans just like I haven't seen it shared here or elsewhere for the Ultimate Rock one.

I posed about it but mistakenly thought it was already posted somewhere in the thread

I voted for Sound of Silence for song of year

Yes, there were two other bands with Def Leppard, but it doesn't change much regarding what rock fans think as good music or a good concert today. I can understand that Tesla may still have a small devoted fanbase, but REO Speedwagon... for god's sake; they had some big corny hits in the early 80s, but the fact that they still sell in 2016 says a lot.

I didn't vote for song of the year, but I'd have picked Sound of Silence too. Among the songs loudwire suggested as songs of the year, the best is a cover!

On 1/12/2017 at 7:12 PM, Blackstar said:

Yes, there were two other bands with Def Leppard, but it doesn't change much regarding what rock fans think as good music or a good concert today. I can understand that Tesla may still have a small devoted fanbase, but REO Speedwagon... for god's sake; they had some big corny hits in the early 80s, but the fact that they still sell in 2016 says a lot.

I didn't vote for song of the year, but I'd have picked Sound of Silence too. Among the songs loudwire suggested as songs of the year, the best is a cover!

Yea that says a lot about the music today in my opinion. A cover won best

1 hour ago, BOSSY78 said:
On 1/12/2017 at 6:12 PM, Blackstar said:

Yea that says a lot about the music today in my opinion. A cover won best

I am now going to make a comment to make it clear to everyone that I am crazy (if any of you had any doubts before), but I cannot listen to that song. The first time I heard it I actually stopped what I was doing to listen. The next time I heard it I caught it from the beginning and again stopped what I was doing to listen to the full thing because it was that great. And I still think whenever it happens to come on the radio "Wow, that is great", however I then immediately switch stations two seconds later. I have not heard the song all the way through a second time. I like it, but I just can't listen to it. It is too slow and... I am not sure what, exactly. Overly dramatic? Over sung? I don't know. I just know that parts of my brain likes it and the parts of my brain hates it. The part that hates it always wins.