05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

20 minutes ago, Stephan said:

Does anybody knows if there are buses from dublin to slane?  And if so, where can I buy a ticket for it. I can only find a bus from Belfast to slane. 

Would say it will be like previous gigs at slane where dublin bus run a shuttle service from Dublin to Slane on the day. Say tickets be available for it closer the show gets

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-12-22 at 4:28 PM, Ringerbell said:

Would say it will be like previous gigs at slane where dublin bus run a shuttle service from Dublin to Slane on the day. Say tickets be available for it closer the show gets

Spot On I reckon. Hope the Scobies that turn up for Slane regardless of who are playing stay the fuck away.

I am actually giving serious thought to flying home from Vancouver for this....Despite having seen them in Seattle and already have tickets for VanCity and Montreal on the next leg.....

Bollocks I need help..... :D

I always swore if GNR got back together I would go to as many shows as I could so,fuck it. 

It would be amazing to have Izzy up there with them. Izzy's songs make up a lot of my Favourites. Double talkin jive with his vocals, I'd love to see.

Imagine Izzy doing "you ain't the first" on his own a la Keith Richards in The Stones live shows .... I'd cum in my pants. (And I've seen it all) 

Slane being his first gig back OBVIOUSLY!! :D

Edited by Powderfinger
Misspelling
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is anybody else staying in drogheda for this concert?

I'm trying to find bus tickets online to get to and from the gig but don't seem to be having any joy finding a company that is running pickups to and from drogheda.

any help would be appreciated. 

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody get your fan club tshirt and laminate? do people actually bring the laminates to the gigs? I don't know, I mean if there's a chance of someone walking up to me and offering me backstage passes I'll wear just about anything :D but outside of that, I think the laminate stays at home :P Cool tshirt though! even my brothers who would usually slag me for my GNR fandom agreed it was a cool design :)

• Like 1

On 3/17/2017 at 8:58 AM, FoxySCFC said:

Is anybody else staying in drogheda for this concert?

I'm trying to find bus tickets online to get to and from the gig but don't seem to be having any joy finding a company that is running pickups to and from drogheda.

any help would be appreciated. 

No idea what I'm doing for lodging but I might head to Dublin afterwards. There'll definitely be buses going that way.... maybe definite is a strong word considering how much of a clusterfuck past gigs in Slane have been for travel. :P

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Everybody get your fan club tshirt and laminate? do people actually bring the laminates to the gigs? I don't know, I mean if there's a chance of someone walking up to me and offering me backstage passes I'll wear just about anything :D but outside of that, I think the laminate stays at home :P Cool tshirt though! even my brothers who would usually slag me for my GNR fandom agreed it was a cool design :)

I can't wear my t-shirt outside the house as NOBODY I know apart from my OH likes GNR and they give me funny looks when I mention it!! I wear it to bed :wub: I think Axl himself said this was OK at some point (might have been the China Exchange interview)??! - EDIT: yes it was, he said it was OK for Victoria Secret models to wear band t-shirts in bed (OK I'm not a model but I'm still wearing GNR t shirts in bed :rofl-lol:)

7 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

No idea what I'm doing for lodging but I might head to Dublin afterwards. There'll definitely be buses going that way.... maybe definite is a strong word considering how much of a clusterfuck past gigs in Slane have been for travel. :P

I haven't decided yet either... it'll be either Dublin or the campsite. The latter is tempting to avoid the chaos leaving the venue afterwards. But I;m not much of an outdoorsy type so a hotel is tempting too!

Edited by money honey

1 hour ago, money honey said:

I can't wear my t-shirt outside the house as NOBODY I know apart from my OH likes GNR and they give me funny looks when I mention it!! I wear it to bed :wub: I think Axl himself said this was OK at some point (might have been the China Exchange interview)??! - EDIT: yes it was, he said it was OK for Victoria Secret models to wear band t-shirts in bed (OK I'm not a model but I'm still wearing GNR t shirts in bed :rofl-lol:)

I haven't decided yet either... it'll be either Dublin or the campsite. The latter is tempting to avoid the chaos leaving the venue afterwards. But I;m not much of an outdoorsy type so a hotel is tempting too!

Well If Axl says so :D 

I wear my GUNS tshirts proud, even before they became popular all over again. My ultimate tshirt that I want to get is the one with the Chinese Democracy hand... 1. because it's such a cool image 2. Just to annoy the begrudgers :P

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Well If Axl says so :D 

I wear my GUNS tshirts proud, even before they became popular all over again. My ultimate tshirt that I want to get is the one with the Chinese Democracy hand... 1. because it's such a cool image 2. Just to annoy the begrudgers :P

I think men can get away with rock band t-shirts more. A woman wearing a rock t-shirt... gets funny looks. 

Re Chinese Democracy hand: I looked but couldn't find any images for that. Do you have a pic?

10 hours ago, money honey said:

I think men can get away with rock band t-shirts more. A woman wearing a rock t-shirt... gets funny looks. 

Re Chinese Democracy hand: I looked but couldn't find any images for that. Do you have a pic?

https://www.google.ie/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&ved=0ahUKEwjKp87gqYzTAhWmBZoKHUEYAXgQjBwIBA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fs-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com%2F736x%2F72%2F83%2Fb0%2F7283b0e08d28f96e0b64aa31d777eb50.jpg&psig=AFQjCNG4TirHyTToC8H64dvrhz3C5v-AXQ&ust=1491447676187466 

This one is awesome too http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vaqCjVyoA_c/SSsVXnyoH8I/AAAAAAAABts/kHTYXqQlt8w/s400/Chinese-Democracy-Star-Artwork.jpg

• Like 1

On 04/04/2017 at 5:59 AM, Tom2112 said:

Yeah I've knocked drogheda on the head, my mate lives in Dublin so just gonna stay with him. I thought drogheda being nearer would be easier to get to and from but doesn't appear to be the case.