05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

On 2017-4-5 at 0:08 PM, blackmore said:

Please change the fuckin' setlist for the start of the European leg.

I'd be surprised if Axl even rehearsed again with the guys ahead of this leg, never mind change things up but you never know

Jungle as an opener is far better and they need to do less covers and less CD.  Dreaming I know.  Pretty much every video I've seen, and especially in the US and Aus, they just killed the crowd the moment they went into some of these covers and CD songs. 

13 hours ago, TheDemocracyRose said:

Ahh my bad I thought Slane Castle was a festival... 

It's in-between, kind of a mini-festival. One stage, usually four or five acts, acts start around 2 PM with headline act on around 8 PM. It's a marathon for those of us who only want to see our band!

2 minutes ago, hargun55 said:

I know gates open at 2.00pm but if someone isnt intersted in seeing the early acts, would between 4-6.00pm still be ok to be inside ? and still get a reasonable spot to view the show

I'm sure it would be

Are you gold or GA? Gold circle will have a good view and rarely feels full or jammed together anyway except at the very front 

28 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

I'm sure it would be

Are you gold or GA? Gold circle will have a good view and rarely feels full or jammed together anyway except at the very front 

no not gold!! just in the cheap seats lol

Just now, hargun55 said:

no not gold!! just in the cheap seats lol

30 minutes ago, northernsoul said:

I'm sure it would be

Maybe you can help we were given the tickets by our kids at xmas and have never been at an outdoor concert like this before, i hear its strict on what you can bring in, would a small backpack be allowed and if so what else could we take that would be useful ? any help would be much appreciated

2 hours ago, hargun55 said:

Maybe you can help we were given the tickets by our kids at xmas and have never been at an outdoor concert like this before, i hear its strict on what you can bring in, would a small backpack be allowed and if so what else could we take that would be useful ? any help would be much appreciated

All the info is on the link below,  make sure you leave plenty of time to get there, Slane is ridiculous for traffic 

http://mcd.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Guns_n_Roses-Slane_2017_FAQs-2.pdf

9 hours ago, money honey said:

It's in-between, kind of a mini-festival. One stage, usually four or five acts, acts start around 2 PM with headline act on around 8 PM. It's a marathon for those of us who only want to see our band!

Fuck me, I thought there was only one opener? Well at least I'm looking forward to seeing Royal Blood.

Any idea what time to get there (gold circle) and still get a good view?

16 hours ago, MrSoftie said:

Fuck me, I thought there was only one opener? Well at least I'm looking forward to seeing Royal Blood.

Any idea what time to get there (gold circle) and still get a good view?

I plan on going in to the venue reasonably early if its a dry day. Have gold circle tickets but will happily stand at the back of the area for a better view and less pushing/shoving. Will go in and out as the day goes by.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2017 at 7:36 PM, hargun55 said:

I asked concert promoters MCD  about backpaks and this is the answer:

Hi Denitza

Many thanks for your email. We do understand your request and can advise therefore that small bags and small back packs will be permitted but we advise to bring as little as possible with you to the event cause it makes searching at entrances quicker and easier.

Kindest Regards

Brian Bateman

Customer Care Manager, MCD Productions

• Like 1

18 hours ago, denitza said:

I asked concert promoters MCD  about backpaks and this is the answer:

Hi Denitza

Many thanks for your email. We do understand your request and can advise therefore that small bags and small back packs will be permitted but we advise to bring as little as possible with you to the event cause it makes searching at entrances quicker and easier.

Kindest Regards

Brian Bateman

Customer Care Manager, MCD Productions

Thats briliant Denitza , i really appreciate you emailing them and clearing that up, much appreciated

• Like 1

Anyone have suggestions of the best way to approach Slane on the day would be? I have a feeling the bridge side will be backlogged, so was thinking of approaching from the Navan end? I am getting a minibus from Dublin with mates leaving @ around 2 PM. Any insight would be great!

Cheers. 

7 hours ago, baggio86 said:

Anyone have suggestions of the best way to approach Slane on the day would be? I have a feeling the bridge side will be backlogged, so was thinking of approaching from the Navan end? I am getting a minibus from Dublin with mates leaving @ around 2 PM. Any insight would be great!

Cheers. 

The Navan side is the advice I was given also.

• Like 1