05/27/17 - Dublin, IE - Slane Castle

alfierose

28 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Had the crowd going, even though they didn't know it. Good live song. The others were hit and miss. Til always gets a reaction because of Axl sustaining those long notes and it's big solo. Better was grand but it was mainly the breakdown that got people moving. Twat was a complete miss, shouldn't be in a set for a crowd that big. 

It kills live but I agree I think TWAT and Better need to take a seat. I hate the song on the album but Shacklers was a song that was awesome live, and SOD isn't bad live either 

if we have to have a CD song take those spots that would be my choice. CD Shacklers and SOD. But I can't believe You're Crazy has yet to make the set. 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Its a long time ago they were rough around the edges but you could tell they had something & were going to be massive also nobody saw Slash's face just the top hat & curls but a fucking good guitarist. There was only roughly a thousand people there as they didnt open upstairs due to them being brand new & hardly anybody had heard of them. Of course over the years nearly everyone i spoke to claims to have been there had that been the case they'd have had to play Wembley Stadium.

Just as an aside me & my son Axl watched bits of the show here last night via facebook he'll be 21 in September

Thats awesome! Raising them right. More power to you sir! 

Just now, AFD5 said:

Thankyou the registrar was a miserable old hag when me & my wife went to register Axl when he was a baby she asked my wife "dont you have another name you could call this child" my wife replied "yes our 2nd choice would be Slash" you should have seen here face as she wrote out Axl's birth certificate through gritted teeth.

Ha ha ha! Amazin!!! Good on ye! 

3 minutes ago, Izzymacbeth said:

Ha ha ha! Amazin!!! Good on ye! 

Well what did she expect i had hair down my back the afd cross, erin, slash, & crossed guns n roses tattoos on show when we registered him lol

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

Well what did she expect i had hair down my back the afd cross, erin, slash, & crossed guns n roses tattoos on show when we registered him lol

Awesome! We need a fresh tattoo thread (now there will be no silly Ashba ones) would love to see. All I have is the GnFnRs! thing I got back in 90's. All faded now. One of my best friends has the Victory or Death, looks awesome. 

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

It kills live but I agree I think TWAT and Better need to take a seat. I hate the song on the album but Shacklers was a song that was awesome live, and SOD isn't bad live either 

if we have to have a CD song take those spots that would be my choice. CD Shacklers and SOD. But I can't believe You're Crazy has yet to make the set. 

Both songs are grand for indoor venues when the crowd is a bit more catalogue savvy, even when they played TWAT in 2012 in Dublin I'd imagine there was a ton of people who didn't know it or care for it. Better got a reasonable response where I was, but we've all seen the videos of it flopping with audiences. Shacklers would be great! :) as would Street of dreams, my two favourites from Chinese. Keep Catcher as far away from the set as possible!

6 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

My friend messaged me during coma "Think I'm in a coma, at least I know where the piss break is for the next gig" :P The whole audience were asleep for this, but they'll not be swapping it out.

I think it could have more life if Axl wasn't singing like he can barely move his mouth. He needs to say screw it and raise the octaves for this one. 

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

I think it could have more life if Axl wasn't singing like he can barely move his mouth. He needs to say screw it and raise the octaves for this one. 

That isn't my problem with it, but I agree he didn't sound great on coma at all. I just think the song itself is a bit too samey the whole way through and after 9/10mins people are fed up. If they played Yesterdays, perfect crime or even Pretty tied up in that space the crowd would have been a lot more receptive. Some love this song though, so it is a each to their own type song.