05/30/17 - Bilbao, ES - Estadio San Mames

alfierose

9 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

This pit looks perfect, hope we'll get pretty much the same size in London

I don't see why we shouldn't now having seen this comparably sized football stadium in Spain.

The question remains though, why have the GC split in two for Slane but now it's back to 1 section in Bilbao? Is it a stadium thing only?

Edited by Blake Sabbath

1 minute ago, Blake Sabbath said:

I don't see why we shouldn't now having seen this comparably sized football stadium in Spain.

The question remains though, why have the GC split in two for Slane but now it's back to 1 section in Bilbao? Is it a stadium thing only?

I'm curious about that too.

London and Paris are both 80k capacity stadiums while Bilbao is "only" 50k, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they decide to go with a bigger pit there. Fingers crossed they don't!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nalbi said:

I'm curious about that too.

London and Paris are both 80k capacity stadiums while Bilbao is "only" 50k, so I wouldn't be too surprised if they decide to go with a bigger pit there. Fingers crossed they don't!

London isn't, I think it's 60,000 for concerts. I don't think the pit will be separated. 

58 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I hope they do football scarfs for London too. 

These look pretty generic, nothing specific to tonight's show, so my guess is you'll find them in every European stadium they play in.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure they don't separate GC in most of the stadiums. You often see split GCs in other venues than stadiums where most of the crowd is standing, like bigger festivals.

For Zurich they sold FOS1 and FOS2. And for FOS1 tickets they printed different entrances. But I asked they the ticket agency (because some friends had different entrances) and they told me there will be no separation in the section itself. Just to get in.

Edited by Lupo the Butcher

10 minutes ago, AlexC said:

GN'R's stage setup blocks off almost a third of the seats in any given stadium. So take away about 15-20,000 from the concert capacity.

But isn't the concert capacity supposed to take this into consideration?

I mean, what kind of stadium concert doesn't have a stage that blocks thousands of seats? And isn't this loss more than compensated by the folks standing on the field?

1 minute ago, Nalbi said:

But isn't the concert capacity supposed to take this into consideration?

I mean, what kind of stadium concert doesn't have a stage that blocks thousands of seats? And isn't this loss more than compensated by the folks standing on the field?

"In the middle" stage has all seats+some people on the field