06/16/17 - London, GB - London Stadium

alfierose

• 2 weeks later...

Tickets won't be sent out until April I believe

Yes Download looks awful this year, especially the Saturday.  Wtf is that!  I think they are going in a new direction as the classic bands start to fade out, but I think given the state of heavier music these days they will struggle to keep it at the same scale over the next 5 years or so.

I suspect the European support will be different show by show, probably just who is touring in Europe and doesn't have shows on those days.  Given how well it has sold, it's not like the shows need a leg up so not got too high hopes

• Like 1

I'm in Golden Circle for both shows. I'm going to Download and Aerosmith in Dublin just before this. It's gonna be some week. 

On 16/02/2017 at 8:48 AM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Nothing from Downloads list of bands appeals to me as openers for GnR. 

What a shit lineup for a once great festival. 

Sunday is pretty good. Saturday is a shocker apart from Zombie. Friday is so/so. I'm just dreading all the Trump rants... Just play the music 

• Like 1

On 19.2.2017 at 0:15 AM, northernsoul said:

Tickets won't be sent out until April I believe

Yes Download looks awful this year, especially the Saturday.  Wtf is that!  I think they are going in a new direction as the classic bands start to fade out, but I think given the state of heavier music these days they will struggle to keep it at the same scale over the next 5 years or so.

I suspect the European support will be different show by show, probably just who is touring in Europe and doesn't have shows on those days.  Given how well it has sold, it's not like the shows need a leg up so not got too high hopes

I hope you're right and they'll send them out around April. I'm starting getting nervous because I bought mine from Get Me In. Ticketmaster will send them to the original buyer who has to send them to me outside of the UK. 

Get Me In send me an email that said don't worry about your tickets, they could arrive a week before the show. So I'm afraid they won't arrive timely.

They wrote I can give them the adress of the hotel I'm staying so they can send them the tickets but I haven't booked a hotelroom since my flight departs early in the morning after the concert.

2 hours ago, WildStar said:

I'm in Golden Circle for both shows. I'm going to Download and Aerosmith in Dublin just before this. It's gonna be some week. 

Sunday is pretty good. Saturday is a shocker apart from Zombie. Friday is so/so. I'm just dreading all the Trump rants... Just play the music 

I have tickets for the Sunday at Download, just going to see Aerosmith. 

I have GC tickets for the first London show and GA for the second, I am so looking forward to June, I honestly can't wait :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Izzyslash said:

Just wondering where to stay for this weekend. 
Will Bloomsbury area be to far away? Need something else that the shows as well... shopping, restaurants, bars etc. 
Is it easy to get to the show from area's so far away from the stadium?

There is a thing called the tube or London Underground. That makes it easy to get to the venue whereever you are in London.

9 hours ago, Izzyslash said:

Just wondering where to stay for this weekend. 
Will Bloomsbury area be to far away? Need something else that the shows as well... shopping, restaurants, bars etc. 
Is it easy to get to the show from area's so far away from the stadium?

Stratford is the closest Tube station to stadium. It's on the Red Line. You can get free tube maps in most stations. Easy and quick from central London. 

The original Hard Rock Cafe is in London at Hyde Park. It has quite a lot Guns and VR stuff downstairs including Axl's skeleton jacket. The HRC store next door has a Vault with cool stuff Inc Slash guitar, Gene bass, Page guitar, Hendrix stuff. It's free to get in. 

There's quite a few good rock bars. Camden area has a few. There's a good dirty bar in central London called the Crobar. 

My favourite tourist attraction is The Tower of London. Very interesting history. Think it's £22-24. Well worth it. St Paul's is also a great building and you get a good view at the top. And Churchills War Rooms is great if you are interested in him. The British and Natural History museum are both free and interesting. 

Edited by WildStar
  • Like 1

On Sun Jan 22 2017 at 6:43 PM, GnRMisterE said:

I have a friend who is selling face-value early entry tickets if anyone is interested.

* includes early entry to Golden Circle, goodie bag, laminate, picks etc...

Still for sale if anybody knows of someone who is looking for tickets

1 hour ago, AlexC said:

Anyone received their tickets yet?

No, but I am receiving regular updates from TicketMaster saying they haven't sent the tickets out yet. I can't see them being posted anytime after the start of June, as it's just too risky. Hope we get a date soon tbh.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...