06/22/17 - Hannover, DE - Messe

alfierose

On 24.6.2017 at 10:08 PM, northernsoul said:

What time did it finish?

Saw a bit of it when it re-started on youtube and looked great having it in the dark.  That was my only criticism in London really, it just doesn't have the same intensity in broad daylight

The band started at 8:31 pm (scheduled time was 8:15 pm but was pushed back a little so people still outside of the venue could get in)

Then the show was stopped at 8:42 pm and resumed at 10:20 pm, Paradise City ended at 1:09 am

And yes, it was a bit more fun in the dark, not only because of the video walls being more visible but overall it was a better feeling or intensity or whatever someone will call it.

On 25.6.2017 at 2:01 AM, t-p-d-a said:

I saw Axl Rose with Ac/DC and i saw Axl Rose with GN'R..  The concert with AC/DC was awesome and the concert with GN'R was not awesome!! I did not mention any videos on YouTube. I even still not watched any YouTube Video about Hannover. I compare both gigs that i saw with my own eyes and heard with my own ears. AC/DC was awesome and GN'R not.

The Youtube comment was not directed at you, but to those who sit on their ass at home and try to judge a show by listening to those clips.

Like I already said, I feel sorry for you for not having as much fun as I had in Hannover. Nobody can take your impression away - that's a fact. Just like nobody can take mine away. That's all.

Like many others said: a special show, a special night!

Met a lot of great people that night

• Like 1

On 6/26/2017 at 11:19 PM, Wagszilla said:

I admittedly haven't watched a ton of 2009-2010 stuff but of the ones I have, there were a couple of full bore Axl (extremely motivated to push Chinese Democracy and deliver a fuck you to Slash and Irving Azoff) but also some where he was much more stationary (which allowed him to deliver higher quality vocals).

You would probably know better but AC/DC he's seemed a bit more stationary there as well. Combine that with the fact that they're newer, foreign songs to him, it's not surprising that he'd put in more effort. He's naturally more motivated with the novelty of foreign music. It also seems some of AC/DC material is very short, punctuated vocals whereas Guns combines high notes with long growls. Axl has said that certain AC/DC songs are vocally demanding and need to be sung in a certain way lest you never sing again, in all fairness to the other side of the argument. 

It just seems to me that what Axl wants, in his heart of hearts, is to be singing new material. He is forced to play the old material for money/business reasons and is probably somewhat scared to play new stuff. I wish he would play new stuff.

I think that the reunion has been somewhat disappointing from the fan's perspective but fans are also ignorant to the inner-workings of business. They want a golden goose and they don't care how, they want it now! Axl is probably delivering all he can in order to survive a long and grueling tour. 

You mention the cool things about 2006/2010 but you also don't mention him being a general asshole, chewing out everyone, cancelling tours and dates, and so forth. High peaks, low valleys. Business is a consistent wave to ride out. 

True, true. I wonder if one day we'll get a proper autobiography where he details everything from his perspective at the time. It seems strange that he was so much more motivated to deliver vocally in '06-'10 and with AC/DC than he's generally been through the reunion. 

I agree in that i'd like to think that if he was able to put a new album out that was properly promoted and your behind it that he's up his game some.