06/24/17 - Werchter, BE - Werchter Classic

alfierose

1 hour ago, action said:

from the moment the band came on and did "it's so easy" all hell broke loose. i jumped up and down, fists in the air in a rage i never thought was in me. somehow, GNR manages to do that.

Yes! Exactly! They have some magical powers as far as this is concerned. I never thought I had in me, either.

1 hour ago, action said:

I see you standing there. you think you so cool. Why don't you just... FUCK OFF!!" Really, that's just the most awesome line EVER and everyone was shouting along that line.

Yup. This and "What the fuck is going on" in Coma are absolutely the greatest to scream out during a live show. They're such an unbelievable release! A GN'R show once a month should the ordered by doctors to all of us!

1 hour ago, action said:

for this small point in time, we all felt one with the band. the band fed off the audience and the audience fed off the band.

So true and so well put. All in all a great review! Nice to see other people have the same experiences and observations about this incredible magic that GN'R is still able to create.

Edited by Asia
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, action said:

the most extreme concert i ever went to, was slipknot in 2009. walls of death, moshpits all throughout the concert.

somehow, without all of that, the GNR concert i saw saturday even surpassed that. god. this band is dangerous, the music is dangerous.

from the moment the band came on and did "it's so easy" all hell broke loose. i jumped up and down, fists in the air in a rage i never thought was in me. somehow, GNR manages to do that. "I see you standing there. you think you so cool. Why don't you just... FUCK OFF!!" Really, that's just the most awesome line EVER and everyone was shouting along that line. I gave them two fingers in stead of one, to show my respect.

it's just something in the music man. welcome to the jungle, mr brownstone, it didnt matter. it was danger every note, every scream. Hell, I  felt badass just being a witness.

whenever Axl, duff or Slash went near us it was like whipping a tiger, and the crowd would get even more nuts.

There is danger in these songs, when played live. It absolutely does not matter one iota how old they are by this point. Axl was still jumping and running around and Slash was a beast just standing there. it was epic going berserk when slash was right in front of me and i jumped even higher.

for this small point in time, we all felt one with the band. the band fed off the audience and the audience fed off the band. the crowd sure didnt suck from where i stood. in between songs, i would scream "slaaaaaaaaash" and it would be followed by another audience member who shouted the same, then someone else shouted "Axllllllllllllll" and it was just epic.

i walked away from the concert thinking "the world needs more GNR".

things like Axl's voice, his weight, the setlist, the NUGNR hacks, all felt really fucking irrelevant and were totally overshadowed by the danger that started the moment Mcbob did his awesome introduction line. I didn't take a single picture or any of that (i only have this keychain i bought at the merch stand; which is enough for me). I jumped up and down till i couldnt fucking stand on my feet; my legs still hurting from the pain. what a great fucking experience. and thanks to the two germans babes in front of me for making the view even better. man, you should have seen those tits, wooohoooo :wow:

This is what the rock n roll experience is all about! Gn'Fn'R's! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, action said:

the most extreme concert i ever went to, was slipknot in 2009. walls of death, moshpits all throughout the concert.

somehow, without all of that, the GNR concert i saw saturday even surpassed that. god. this band is dangerous, the music is dangerous.

from the moment the band came on and did "it's so easy" all hell broke loose. i jumped up and down, fists in the air in a rage i never thought was in me. somehow, GNR manages to do that. "I see you standing there. you think you so cool. Why don't you just... FUCK OFF!!" Really, that's just the most awesome line EVER and everyone was shouting along that line. I gave them two fingers in stead of one, to show my respect.

it's just something in the music man. welcome to the jungle, mr brownstone, it didnt matter. it was danger every note, every scream. Hell, I  felt badass just being a witness.

whenever Axl, duff or Slash went near us it was like whipping a tiger, and the crowd would get even more nuts.

There is danger in these songs, when played live. It absolutely does not matter one iota how old they are by this point. Axl was still jumping and running around and Slash was a beast just standing there. it was epic going berserk when slash was right in front of me and i jumped even higher.

for this small point in time, we all felt one with the band. the band fed off the audience and the audience fed off the band. the crowd sure didnt suck from where i stood. in between songs, i would scream "slaaaaaaaaash" and it would be followed by another audience member who shouted the same, then someone else shouted "Axllllllllllllll" and it was just epic.

i walked away from the concert thinking "the world needs more GNR".

things like Axl's voice, his weight, the setlist, the NUGNR hacks, all felt really fucking irrelevant and were totally overshadowed by the danger that started the moment Mcbob did his awesome introduction line. I didn't take a single picture or any of that (i only have this keychain i bought at the merch stand; which is enough for me). I jumped up and down till i couldnt fucking stand on my feet; my legs still hurting from the pain. what a great fucking experience. and thanks to the two germans babes in front of me for making the view even better. man, you should have seen those tits, wooohoooo :wow:

Reading this got me pumped! Best band in the world bar none! Rock N' Fucking Roll! :headbang:

• Like 1

Seen them during use your illusion tour in 1992 and 1993. My first thoughts were that the 2017 tour would be very cool but that it could not top the early years. This was also caused by the fact that not all original members are part of the reunion, however sometimes we forget that in 1992 and 1993 Matt and Gilby were also new members but it was 100% guns n roses during that period. 

What can I say, I waited a few days to post a comment (due to possible overenthusiasm) but this was really good. Of course we got a dream setlist, but also the fact that I was standing in the golden circle, first row to the barrier in front of Slash, made the experience superb. I would not be surprised if this show ends up as my favorite show of all time during 25 years of visiting rock and metal shows.

People say mistakes were made, people say it wasn't the best show, people say Axl's voice wasnt that good. I can only say I really loved every part of this show. It was so emotional after 25 years seeing Axl, Slash and Duff again on the same stage. It was totally different than I expected. It was so good, actually it topped all of my expectations. I felt like the 15 year old kid in 1992 again that was so obsessed with this band. The feelings and emotions of 1992 were there again last Saturday, exactly the same. This Guns n Roses equals the early 90's again and is the continuation of their top years back then. Therefor my rating is 10 out of 10.

• Like 2

On 6/25/2017 at 11:28 AM, action said:

holy sweet maria and jesus. i'm crippled.

i stood second row and from the moment the first song started i began to jump up and down and i didnt stop till 2/3 of the show, by which point i could barely stand.

there were these 2 hot german stunners right in front of me, so maybe that gave me some sort of inspiration. They were surrounded by horny male GNR fans (including me) and even the security worked their asses off to please them. free cokes, free ear protectors... yawn! it was epic when they were put in their place by the head security who apparently saw it all happening through the cameras. haha!

it was a brilliant show but i have hardly heard anything of it. franks' annoying bass drum drowned everything. still, it was madnass.

You must have been standing behind me in that case. These girls are friends of mine.

The security guy you're talking about looked like Richard Dreyfuss lol.

You were the guy standing next to the guy from Manchester? Or maybe the German guy? Small world...

4 minutes ago, Drifter1158 said:

You must have been standing behind me in that case. These girls are friends of mine.

The security guy you're talking about looked like Richard Dreyfuss lol.

You were the guy standing next to the guy from Manchester? Or maybe the German guy? Small world...

yeah that's right i guess! haha... i was the guy wearing the appetite T-shirt

it was a great concert wasn't it! had a very great day there. did i speak to you by chance?

Just now, action said:

yeah that's right i guess! haha... i was the guy wearing the appetite T-shirt

it was a great concert wasn't it! had a very great day there. did i speak to you by chance?

Could be...I was the guy with the get in the ring motherfucker shirt 1991-1992

Just now, Drifter1158 said:

You were the guy that was talking with me and the English guy? I remember one quote of you: this GNR is not that dangerous anymore.... haha correct?

yeah that's right! :D

i quickly changed my mind the moment the concert started though :headbang:hope i didnt annoy you too much since i was basically jumping up and down from the get - go

Just now, action said:

yeah that's right! :D

i quickly changed my mind the moment the concert started though :headbang:hope i didnt annoy you too much since i was basically jumping up and down from the get - go

Cool, the Manchester guy was also fun haha. 

Everything was totally relaxed in the front row so no worries.

On 25-6-2017 at 10:02 PM, Lio said:

Only complaint I had, was I almost got into fight with a girl who rudely wanted to take my place during Jungle, very annoying, and I got really pissed. But with some help, we succeeded in shoving her out of the way and I was able to enjoy the end of Jungle. I got highfives from some people around me and a guy said I was a woman with balls. That was a first, but yeah, don't mess with me when I finally get to see Axl and Slash after 25 years. :P

Haha, it was so funny. Lio is always so calm and nice, saw a totally new side of her. People were looking to her and than to me in suprise and said to me, they didn't want to get into a fight with her. So funny, I responded 'wow me neither'!  But Lio was right, we had protected our spot for hours, no way we would give it up without a fight and in Lio's case literally. :lol:

Anyway, I had lots of fun. It was an awesome day. Seeing the guys together was just so great. Seeing Slash playing the songs, is truly amazing. Axl was looking for his voice in the beginning, his voice sounded tired a bit fragile, but after a few songs it was a lot better. But I didn't care, it's the whole show and experience what makes it great. If you expect him to sing like when he was young or hitting every note, just forget it. But if you want to have a great time, seeing those guys together, giving a kick ass show, definately go see it.

• Like 3

Not really much that I can say that hasn't be said above - it really was a total blast!  I was GC too, but not right at the front...but then, I didn't need to be my view was amazing.  I felt they could've easy sold a few more tickets.  I had so much room I could wander to the bar and be back in my position in a few minutes. 

As for for the tracks: glad I got to see Yesterdays and Out Ta Get Me - thought we were getting Angus.  And, just a word about This I Love...which I have never loved...but hearing it live is a different proposition.  It's basically Axl's "Godfather" - a vocal showcase without the band on full blast.  I have a renewed appreciation for that track now.

Glad everyone else enjoyed themselves!  Until next tyiyiiiiime!!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...