06/27/17 -Copenhagen, DK - Telia Parken

alfierose

2 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

No....I had to watch a fb stream of the show and kept having to rewind it to make sure I heard right. But he said it literally right after he sang TIL.  

This is on Ron Andersons's Facebook page, around the 1:13 mark. 

Edited by Fansince88

It was a great concert and the band was on fire. Axl (and the rest of the band) seemed very professional and did their job perfectly. It's great to experience Axl being this mature and just kick ass and deliver a top performance.

However I did miss that him (or some of the other band members) was engaging more with the audience. I know they had a long night (around 3 hours) and had to keep on going. But it would be nice if Axl talked a bit to the audience and gave a more personal experience. Is that a weird wish? In fact I would sacrifice one song (of that long setlist) for him to make some joke or whatever. Haha, maybe I'm just weird in that sense.

Anyway it was a great concert! I'm proud to have experienced the band giving a top performance. The sound in the stadium was unfortunately really bad at times, but I could live with that.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Gem Archer said:

What the hell is Fortus doing with Izzy's part of the solo? Nobody is interested in his shredding, stick to the original vibe ffs! Other than that it looked like a solid performance, Axl's vocal performance is ok even if I can see why some people wouldn't like the falsetto (he's getting universal praise from the press who has been mocking him for years so how bad can it be live?). He also seems to put in that deeper rasp at times which I love and didn't think he had in him anymore (don't care much for the AC/DC rasp personally).

Over all I just can't get over the feeling that Axl recorded all these cool vocals that weren't natural for him when he was young and now he is paying the price. It sounds like it hurts. His deeper clean voice is great and the most pleasant to listen to but of course he wouldn't have stuck out from the crowd back in the day with just that. 

16 hours ago, Pedrolg said:

It's like you said. He's been doing just enough to keep this afloat. All that bogs me is the drop in quality from 2016. I mean, AC/DC aside, look at this:

Wow, that's actually really good. You're telling me I'm not getting that tonight (have been avoiding clips on purpose)? At least I hope it's perceived close to that when you're there in person! 

I have also been to that show, which started really late for this tour (9:25 and went on for pretty much 3 hours straight,). I think Axl`s said: "Thank you for the gifit of your soul....well it took a while but tonight I got that fucking back". Had absolutely no idea what that was about.

The openers were very mixed...I love Backyard Babies, but apparently the crowd did not so much. Biffy Clyro was not for me. Some of the audience liked them and they had a lot of energy, but my brother and me we were like wtf is that!??

The Guns show itself was great; the show went on for 3 hours and the audience despite not really moving or dancing around much was at least singing along crazy loud during some songs. The stadium was packed, have never seen a GA this full. I guess a few single seats stayed empty, but I`d say it was 99% sold out. The people around me - most of them older - enjoyed the show a lot. I am so fed up with people sitting in front of their PCs complaining about the setlist and how Axl sounds. I honestly believe that 90% of the people who have been to a Guns show on this tour have only positive things to say.

Had seats on the side this time and for that the sound was quite alright. Having seats allowed me to really concentrate on watching this show for once. Axl`s voice was best in the first 5-6 songs and then lost its rasp a bit and got higher. However it is in no way as bad  or Mickey Mouse as people here judge from the videos. In the beginning I thought he was in a kind of pissed off mood, which actually helped his energy. In general the only time he talked to the audience was about this "soul" thing. He got more relaxed during the set however, even waving and smiling to some people. He put his arm around Slash for a moment in Knockin on Heavensdoor which was a great moment. However in general I have the feeling that Axl possibly is more ok with Slash these days as the other way around. During the shows I have seen it was always Axl looking to be close to Slash at some point, while Slash always tried to keep his distance from everybody else. It is just my impression, maybe also has to do with that Slash needs to concentrate more when playing, who knows. 

At one point Axl was joking with Melissa for a while (not audible). During patience Slash would sit on one of the monitors, which looked pretty cool.

All in all this was a great show, still not perfect voice but good enough for a great show. Much more energy than Zurich and an audience that sang along really loud. The venue - despite the death trap walk in and out of the stadium - was also pretty good. 1 minute to restrooms and beerstands from the seats was awesome and made me think about future ticket choices.....

• Like 4

Great show. Got a nice spot in the front row, albeit all the way to the side. I liked the setlist (they even played Rosie which apparently wasn't on the setlist). Nice to see a sold out Parken in CPH. Not many bands can sell almost 50k tix here.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yes right before Civil War...

"The person that I wrote that for said "thank you for the gift of your soul". Well It took a while but I got that fucker back."

That's what I'm hearing.  And I take it to mean he got his soul back, not so much that he got the person back who said that to him.

1 hour ago, uzi your illusion said:

"The person that I wrote that for said "thank you for the gift of your soul". Well It took a while but I got that fucker back."

That's what I'm hearing.  And I take it to mean he got his soul back, not so much that he got the person back who said that to him.

That is how I took it as well....

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

Edit

Edit, one two, one two three, i try so hard just to get you to listen, but oh darling you never answer me, what have i done? I Been in love with a girl i don't understand, sail away sweet sister, sail away now over the rainbow.

• Like 1

This gig was amazing! Travelled from the UK with the other half to see copenhagen and of course GnR. I went to both London 1st night and this, and would say this was the better gig. Sound was good for me in seats to the side, and the smaller stadium was nice over the huge london one. Would say Axl sounded better too. Snagged a litho outside (last one at the stand, some reseller bought 5 just before me) So I had to go see the Mermaid during my visit. What a beautiful City... Thanks for having us Denmark! Prague tomorrow, my last show for now.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...