07/04/17 - Prague, CZ - Letnany Airport

alfierose

Also last year after ACDC show the public transport from the venue was for free. It only took some time to get on the bus/metro. 

There are many great places to see in the centre...and I know a great absinthe bar :smiley-confused2:

9 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

There are many great places to see in the centre...and I know a great absinthe bar :smiley-confused2:

Please do share :awesomeface:

Friends were telling me about a really good one for years but I still don't know which one it is  :ph34r:

1 hour ago, Sekh-met said:

Please do share :awesomeface:

Friends were telling me about a really good one for years but I still don't know which one it is  :ph34r:

It's Hemingway Bar

http://www.hemingwaybar.cz/bar-prague/

It's better to make a reservation since there's always many people and you are also adviced to behave yourself or they kick you out :ph34r:

:popcorn:

6 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

It's Hemingway Bar

http://www.hemingwaybar.cz/bar-prague/

It's better to make a reservation since there's always many people and you are also adviced to behave yourself or they kick you out :ph34r:

:popcorn:

Nice! Thank you ^_^ .. I always behave myself of course :ph34r:

and I see it is also close to Cafe Louvre :heart: Sounds like a plan! B-)

On 14. 6. 2017 at 6:58 PM, Mark1989 said:

Can anyone let me know how much a pint is in the bars in the city ?

That can vary a lot it seems but I guess you can expect prices between 25czk and maybe 90czk (0,95eur - 3,42eur)? Not sure exactly...I got this from some article where they were comparing prices :lol: I have been to Prague many times but I am not sure how much I paid for beer :ph34r:  I just know it was rather cheap so maybe around 35czk or so.

4 hours ago, Dean said:

Anyone selling a Golden Circle ticket?

Willing to swap two general admissions for one or can pay cash.

Ticketpro.cz is still selling GC(left side) 

• Like 2

As I will drive by car from Vienna, my plan would be leaving the car in a park & ride somewhere near Letnany. Is there someone who knows Prag well? Do you think it s a good idea or are the P&R full even without GNR being in the City???

I ve never been to a concert in Letnany... Rock on, can't wait for my 2nd NITL Show rock3

On 14.6.2017 at 7:26 PM, Sekh-met said:

Nice! Thank you ^_^ .. I always behave myself of course :ph34r:

and I see it is also close to Cafe Louvre :heart: Sounds like a plan! B-)

Cafe Louvre is overrated piece of turd if you ask me. I lived in Prague for 6 months and trust me. Choose one pf the smaller cafeterias and you will get great cakes and excelent coffee for 2-3euros total!

On 14.6.2017 at 7:58 PM, Mark1989 said:

Can anyone let me know how much a pint is in the bars in the city ?

1euro in Zizkov and other than centrum. 2-4euros per pint in the centrum. For beer lovers check out Prague Beer Museum.. its a brewery bar with 30 beers in taps. There are 2 bars in the city center.

19 minutes ago, Kelmi said:

Cafe Louvre is overrated piece of turd if you ask me. I lived in Prague for 6 months and trust me. Choose one pf the smaller cafeterias and you will get great cakes and excelent coffee for 2-3euros total!

I don't think I ever had a cake there as I am always too full after having lunch, but they looked nice to me :P I dunno I always liked the place..good food, service, does have some history and it is pretty cheap. There are cheaper and better places in Prague I am sure and I will probably visit quite a few as I am staying for 5 days. :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sekh-met said:

I don't think I ever had a cake there as I am always too full after having lunch, but they looked nice to me :P I dunno I always liked the place..good food, service, does have some history and it is pretty cheap. There are cheaper and better places in Prague I am sure and I will probably visit quite a few as I am staying for 5 days. :)

5 days? :ph34r: I'm coming on Monday :max:

A café I really like in Prague is Kafka Snob Food. It's a bit expensive since it is at the Jewish quarter but worth a try. 

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

5 days? :ph34r: I'm coming on Monday :max:

A café I really like in Prague is Kafka Snob Food. It's a bit expensive since it is at the Jewish quarter but worth a try. 

My friends have never been to Prague so we decided we will get there on Saturday already so I can show them around.  I won't mind some sightseeing myself as it's been a long time since I had a chance to do that in Prague. :) 
When on Monday are you arriving?

Never been to Kafka Snob Food, thanks for the tip..might check it out if we are in the area.

btw any rumours where the band might be staying?:ph34r:

2 hours ago, Sekh-met said:

btw any rumours where the band might be staying?:ph34r:

Axl usually stays at Four Seasons (2006 with nuGNR and 2016 with Axl/Dc), which is in/quite near centrum. Also the band stayed in Four Seasons in (I think) Lisbon

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sekh-met said:

When on Monday are you arriving?

No idea, some time in the afternoon, it takes me only an hour to get to Prague :headbang:. I may do some sightseeing as well since I go to Prague often but hardly as a tourist. :ph34r:

3 hours ago, Jaaj38 said:

Axl usually stays at Four Seasons (2006 with nuGNR and 2016 with Axl/Dc), which is in/quite near centrum. Also the band stayed in Four Seasons in (I think) Lisbon

Yes, that's why I booked a hostel 400 metres from Four Seasons :ph34r::rofl-lol:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

No idea, some time in the afternoon, it takes me only an hour to get to Prague :headbang:. I may do some sightseeing as well since I go to Prague often but hardly as a tourist. :ph34r:

Yes, that's why I booked a hostel 400 metres from Four Seasons :ph34r::rofl-lol:

Lucky you! At least I got Vienna that close :dance:
If you start feeling alone let me know :P..we will be out there somewhere ..maybe even ehm ..close to your hostel at some point :ph34r:

I suggest that we make forum meetup at Prague Beer Museum the one in Namesti Miru. 3th of July 21.00 --> lets grab couple of worlds best beers and get excited of the show! Anyone interested? :P I will be there in Nightrain T shirt with my non-forum friend.

17 hours ago, Kelmi said:

I suggest that we make forum meetup at Prague Beer Museum the one in Namesti Miru. 3th of July 21.00 --> lets grab couple of worlds best beers and get excited of the show! Anyone interested? :P I will be there in Nightrain T shirt with my non-forum friend.

Would be cool ...but we arrive only on the 4th of july ...I am sure others may join you. Have fun!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sekh-met said:

If you start feeling alone let me know :P..we will be out there somewhere ..maybe even ehm ..close to your hostel at some point :ph34r:

Alright :ph34r::bitchfight:

:P

18 hours ago, Kelmi said:

:nervous:....haha, yeah, why not....I'll be watching you drinking beer....yes, I'm Czech and I don't drink beer....weird, I know :rofl-lol:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Kelmi said:

Not a bad idea, I think I should be able to make it so see ya there B-) 

1 hour ago, Andy14 said:

Alright :ph34r::bitchfight:

:P

:nervous:....haha, yeah, why not....I'll be watching you drinking beer....yes, I'm Czech and I don't drink beer....weird, I know :rofl-lol:

:bitchfight::awesomeface:

weird indeed :rofl-lol: ..lets hope they have something else too :P Do you like cider? they seem to have that at least.

• Like 1