07/10/17 - Vienna, AT - Ernst Happel Stadium

alfierose

10 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Do you remember if the people who got the picks were wearing the fan club laminate? Because I've heard (or read) that they give them out to people who they can identify as members of the official fan club, that's why they ask you to wear the fan club gear when you go to a show.

As for the free tickets, it is hard to explain it here without me incurring in some indiscretion. I could say it only happens to people who are very socially skilled and know how to get to places, using flattery, sweet talk and other techniques. But don't get me wrong, not everybody socially skilled will be able to achieve their goals. There has to be a connection, that "something" that will make them like you, for whatever reasons.

Yes, Axl decides when he wants to greet the fans or not, but there are ocassions of fans especially introduced to him (just like Slash has his special guests backstage) and the only way to do that is with the help of TB.

I don't know if they were fan club members. They had several things around their necks. So it could be. They definitely were VIP though. But even if they look out for fan club members. A) I was one too for a year and B) when they got a bag full of picks, why single out one guy and say "Not you!"? That fucking pick costs 50 cent. I paid 160 € to be there. That is just petty and ridiculous. Does Slash mail you a bill, when you catch one of his picks? If they only want members to have one, they should sent it out along with the t-shirt or whatever they sent to the members these day.

As for the free tix, you could send me an pm. I'm really interested in how that works. Bought 8 tix so far, might need help in South America. ;) But then again, I would need to buy the social skill to use people to get to my goal. ;)

Edited by PatrickS77

5 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

I don't know if they were fan club members. They had several things around their necks. But even if the look out for fan club members. A) I was one too for a year and B) when they got a bag full of picks, why single out one guy and say not you?? That fucking pick costs 50 cent. I paid 160 € to be there. That is just petty and ridiculous. If they only want members to have one, they should sent it out along with the t-shirt or whatever they sent to the members these day.

As for the free tix, you could send me an pm. I'm really interested in how that works. Bought 8 tix so far, might need help in South America. ;) But then again, I would need to buy the social skill to use people to get to my goal. ;)

Several things around their neck? That's macabre! :lol:

Then yes, those were Nightrainers. You could have taken your laminate and lanyard, that lasts for a lifetime ;)

B) No, they don't want only members to have them, they want members who actually go to concerts to have them! This is their way to "elevate" and give value to that shitty membership, somehow in their minds, they think they do. :shrugs:

Are you coming to South America for a show? Are you a hot girl, as well? looooool
Being a hot girl, or young kind of good looking, or well-dressed woman.... from my experience and observation.... sort of makes the whole shit a bit easier (not definitive).
I think the social skill is basic for this shit. Also lots of patience and time dedicated to pursue "the goal". And get rid of your "integrity" for a few hours, if needed :lol:

2 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Several things around their neck? That's macabre! :lol:

Then yes, those were Nightrainers. You could have taken your laminate and lanyard, that lasts for a lifetime ;)B) No, they don't want only members to have them, they want members who actually go to concerts to have them! This is their way to "elevate" and give value to that shitty membership, somehow in their minds, they think they do. :shrugs:

Like I said. I can't really tell what kind of laminate it was. But I did see those Nightrain laminates outside, in front of the venue and in front of the hotel and I'm not sure if I want to look like an idiot for a day, just to get a pick. Besides I never even got that laminate in the first place, but whatever. It doesn't really elevate, it just makes the people, who don't get anything, angry. And that shouldn't be.

Are you coming to South America for a show? Are you a hot girl, as well? looooool

Being a hot girl, or young kind of good looking, or well-dressed woman.... from my experience and observation.... sort of makes the whole shit a bit easier (not definitive).
I think the social skill is basic for this shit. Also lots of patience and time dedicated to pursue "the goal". And get rid of your "integrity" for a few hours, if needed :lol:

Yes and no, unfortunatly. Definitely would make things so much easier. ;)
Yeah, I'm afraid I can't do that. If I don't like the person, I wouldn't want to kiss up to him/her and if I like the person, I would feel bad using him/her. So I guess I'm not cut out for that. ;)

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes and no, unfortunatly. Definitely would make things so much easier. ;)
Yeah, I'm afraid I can't do that. If I don't like the person, I wouldn't want to kiss up to him/her and if I like the person, I would feel bad using him/her. So I guess I'm not cut out for that. ;)

What show are you coming to? :ph34r:

Yes, I know what you mean. I am like that as well and because of that I have lost some "opportunities".... I never wanted or want to force myself on Axl, Slash, Duff or any of them. If they come out the hotel to say hi, that's completely legit and fine to be there. The sidewalks are public, you can be around, as long as you are not causing some havoc (of course).

Now it is a completely different story when you go into the hotel to stalk them or haunt them for pictures or autographs. Then some people get mad when they are told to fuck off or frowned up by the musicians.

But there are people who do this, brive someone or do whatever they think it will help them get closer to their idols. I dont like the presence of so much security but ever since I've learned about some fucked up shit, I understand why those guys are needed.

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What show are you coming to? :ph34r:

Yes, I know what you mean. I am like that as well and because of that I have lost some "opportunities".... I never wanted or want to force myself on Axl, Slash, Duff or any of them. If they come out the hotel to say hi, that's completely legit and fine to be there. The sidewalks are public, you can be around, as long as you are not causing some havoc (of course).

Now it is a completely different story when you go into the hotel to stalk them or haunt them for pictures or autographs. Then some people get mad when they are told to fuck off or frowned up by the musicians.

But there are people who do this, brive someone or do whatever they think it will help them get closer to their idols. I dont like the presence of so much security but ever since I've learned about some fucked up shit, I understand why those guys are needed.

Rock in Rio for sure. I got a ticket. And if I can work it into my travel plans at a reasonable cost, Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires.

Yeah. I understand it too. And also every fan thinks they are the only ones wanting something from them and get mad when they get denied. But in reality they are not, every day there have been plenty of people before, who wanted something. So it has to get tiresome at some point. And really. You pay for an album or a concert ticket. Everything else is an extra no one really is entitled too. As a fan you don't own these people.

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. I understand it too. And also every fan thinks they are the only ones wanting something from them and get mad when they get denied. But in reality they are not, every day there have been plenty of people before, who wanted something. So it has to get tiresome at some point. And really. You pay for an album or a concert ticket. Everything else is an extra no one really is entitled too. As a fan you don't own these people.

Yes. Spot on! :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Rock in Rio for sure. I got a ticket. And if I can work it into my travel plans at a reasonable cost, Sao Paulo and Buenos Aires.

That's amazing!

I hope this Rock In Rio time can clean the image of the last RIR's where Axl only made disasters with his voice, haha

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

I hope this Rock In Rio time can clean the image of the last RIR's where Axl only made disasters with his voice, haha

I think he has been pretty consistant in the past 2 years in cleaning the image. So I'm sure he will be fine.

20 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Hmm. Yes. That does surprise me, as I didn't even get a free pick. That cunt, who's handing out picks to people in the front row, passed me over now twice. In Gdansk she gave picks to the people to the left and right of me and kinda was like "For you and you, not you, but for you" and the same happened in Vienna, when she passed over our section to give picks to the people to the right and left of us.

I'm just referring to the pics section of your posts :) The deal with picks is, that they hand out a selection of picks to Nightrain members in front row (or front rows, anyways) during the Nightrain song being played. I got one too (at the rail), did not have the Nightrain laminate with me, but I did wear a Nightrain t-shirt, so I guess that helped. While a girl who was standing on my left didn't get it (she's not a fan-club members), so I handed mine to her (since mr. 4tus was kind enough to give me one of his during the show :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I'm just referring to the pics section of your posts :) The deal with picks is, that they hand out a selection of picks to Nightrain members in front row (or front rows, anyways) during the Nightrain song being played. I got one too (at the rail), did not have the Nightrain laminate with me, but I did wear a Nightrain t-shirt, so I guess that helped. While a girl who was standing on my left didn't get it (she's not a fan-club members), so I handed mine to her (since mr. 4tus was kind enough to give me one of his during the show :)

Yes. And that's fucked up. I mean, I get that they are aiming for the fan club members, but you saw, she had a bag full of picks. Would it have hurt to give the girl next to you one too? I feel that's just petty really. A 50 cent pick would have made her happy and given good "pr" to the GNR organization. Instead it was you, who made her happy.

• Like 2