07/27/17 - St Louis, MO - The Dome

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Oh I agree, I'm not blaming Slash...just saying it sounds like shit :)

And Axl stopped in Layla because he fucked up.  He said so at the show, its hard to hear I looked at a couple of videos...but then as he re-starts Layla you can hear him say "there we go".   He fucked up in November Rain too, it wasn't the piano like in Houston.  

Sounded like the piano was malfunctioning to me. Options are A) Axl has got heavily into Jazz fusion B) He grew huge 16 finger hands or C) the piano was was triggering the hammers to play clusters when he was playing simple major/minor chords, it happens! especially when you insist on having a baby grand piano for live gigs. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Sounded like the piano was malfunctioning to me. Options are A) Axl has got heavily into Jazz fusion B) He grew huge 16 finger hands or C) the piano was was triggering the hammers to play clusters when he was playing simple major/minor chords, it happens! especially when you insist on having a baby grand piano for live gigs. 

Yes, that could be too...maybe he thought he fucked up in Layla...but it was actually the piano causing problems that re-emerged in NR.  

On 7/25/2017 at 11:26 PM, StLThrash said:

Sugarfire.  Right by the dome on Washington Ave.  Get there early...  when they run out of certain meats that's it.

Thanks for the BBQ recommendation.  Sugarfire was right around the corner from my hotel.  Went at 2:15 on Saturday afternoon, and the line was almost out the door.  :lol:  Fantabulous pulled pork.  

I had a great time in ol' St. Louis.  Lots to do there.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, triad said:

Thanks for the BBQ recommendation.  Sugarfire was right around the corner from my hotel.  Went at 2:15 on Saturday afternoon, and the line was almost out the door.  :lol:  Fantabulous pulled pork.  

I had a great time in ol' St. Louis.  Lots to do there.  

Excellent.  It's a great place!!  Glad you had fun here!

• Like 1

On 7/28/2017 at 1:49 AM, bodine said:

Wow!  They really brought their A game with the St. Louis love for this show!  The McBob intro was great ... Duff came out wearing a "Streetside Records" (now defunct St. Louis chain) shirt, while Richard was wearing a "Kennedy's on the Landing" (old club downtown on the riverfront).  Chuck Berry was the only music played on the PA prior to the concert, and Slash played some Johnny B Goode. Axl was in the best mood I've ever seen tonight, and brought up how happy he was to be back several times.  He said that he was just thinking that last time he was in St. Louis was one year shy of being half his life ago.  He told a weird story about meeting a girl in St. Louis who's boyfriend had the FBI investigating him and she said something about a meat locker ...  I dunno it was hard to hear that, I'd like to hear what he was talking about there.  But anyway, this was honestly the best show I've seen in years!

Axl was wearing a 'Coral Courts Motel' shirt too.  No longer in business, but it's a STL treasure that was known for their 'hourly rates'.

1 hour ago, StLThrash said:

Axl was wearing a 'Coral Courts Motel' shirt too.  No longer in business, but it's a STL treasure that was known for their 'hourly rates'.

iirc, it was also known for having garage's attached to each unit that you could pull your car into & close the door.  apparently this was popular with mob types because you couldn't see who was showing up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, telly said:

iirc, it was also known for having garage's attached to each unit that you could pull your car into & close the door.  apparently this was popular with mob types because you couldn't see who was showing up.

..... and married types!

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone mentioned this (I'm sure it must have been but i couldn't see it!) that the guy who was taking the photos at the '91 gig that caused this whole issue was actually at the gig also?

https://www.alternativenation.net/fan-axl-rose-attacked-attends-guns-n-roses-st-louis-comeback/

Please delete if already mentioned - pretty surreal to see the guy smiling and laughing about it!

On 8/8/2017 at 8:06 AM, CAFC Nick said:

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone mentioned this (I'm sure it must have been but i couldn't see it!) that the guy who was taking the photos at the '91 gig that caused this whole issue was actually at the gig also?

https://www.alternativenation.net/fan-axl-rose-attacked-attends-guns-n-roses-st-louis-comeback/

Please delete if already mentioned - pretty surreal to see the guy smiling and laughing about it!

Yeah it was mentioned earlier in the thread he was there. It's really cool he attended and is still a fan so worth pointing out again. There is even a photo of Axl pointing to him and smiling while he performed. Awesome moment. 

• 1 month later...