07/30/17 - Minneapolis, MN - US Bank Stadium

Estranged Reality

Going to be a big weekend in Minneapolis

Billy Joel Friday 7/28 Target Field (MN Twins Stadium)

Florida Georgia line/Nelly/ Back Street boys 7/29 Target Field

GNF’NR 7/30 US Bank Stadium

Too bad there wasn’t another show booked for TCF Bank Stadium (Gophers football Stadium) or Target Center (Timberwolves arena) for Monday night.

The original 5 have NEVER played Minnesota as a band. The closest that we ever had was this show, but Fred Coury (Cinderella) played drums that night due to Steven’s broken hand/arm.  They were supposed to come back that next year opening for Aerosmith, but Axl blew out his voice and had to cancel a number of shows.  If you haven't listened to it- its pretty good!

Edited by DPR714

2 hours ago, DPR714 said:

Going to be a big weekend in Minneapolis

Billy Joel Friday 7/28 Target Field (MN Twins Stadium)

Florida Georgia line/Nelly/ Back Street boys 7/29 Target Field

GNF’NR 7/30 US Bank Stadium

Too bad there wasn’t another show booked for TCF Bank Stadium (Gophers football Stadium) or Target Center (Timberwolves arena) for Monday night.

The original 5 have NEVER played Minnesota as a band. The closest that we ever had was this show, but Fred Coury (Cinderella) played drums that night due to Steven’s broken hand/arm.  They were supposed to come back that next year opening for Aerosmith, but Axl blew out his voice and had to cancel a number of shows.  If you haven't listened to it- its pretty good!

Big weekend no doubt.  Wonder if Axl will join Billy again on Friday night?   Guns may come here for the weekend after St Louis.   Also- I had tix for tat show where Axl had (wink wink ahem) "vocal issues".   Although is was Maiden they were to open for however Guns was blowing them off stage nightly and that's why they had to bail on the opening slot for Maiden.  Atleast that was the word back in the day.  

Oh was it Maiden? Ok my bad.   I thought it was Aersomith-- everyone, including most Junior College stage bands, was crushing them on stage. LOL I was at the 92 Target Center show and never saw any of the solo Axl shows. would be fun to see them again, but just not in a huge indoor stadium.

Edited by DPR714

29 minutes ago, DPR714 said:

Oh was it Maiden? Ok my bad.   I thought it was Aersomith-- everyone, including most Junior College stage bands, was crushing them on stage. LOL I was at the 92 Target Center show and never saw any of the solo Axl shows. would be fun to see them again, but just not in a huge indoor stadium.

I saw every (think 3) Nu Guns show that came through.  Target Center was usually half full/empty.   Will be fun on Sunday at US Bank Stadium...looks to have sold really well.  I'll be in the pit!   

• Like 3

On 7/24/2017 at 11:45 AM, aceface said:

I'll be in the Pit.  Is there a pre party anywhere?

93X will prob announce their pre game festivities.  I'll be on lake all day and coming in hot as they say.   With DT on at 7 I'm guessing Guns 8:30.  

Guessing this will get moved to main page soon @RussTCB  .   Employee of mine does stage set up on side...today is day 2 of the "stage and steel build" at US Bank Stadium.  He'll try and get me some pics tomorrow as it takes shape.  I will try and figure out how to post em on here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Original said:

Guessing this will get moved to main page soon @RussTCB  .   Employee of mine does stage set up on side...today is day 2 of the "stage and steel build" at US Bank Stadium.  He'll try and get me some pics tomorrow as it takes shape.  I will try and figure out how to post em on here. 

We'll probably hand on til late tomorrow to move it just to let the St Louis discussion stay in D&N for a bit longer.

I was going to be at this show but travel didn't work out. Several co-workers are going though and it's their first time seeing GN'R. They're all super stoked for it.

6 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

We'll probably hand on til late tomorrow to move it just to let the St Louis discussion stay in D&N for a bit longer.

I was going to be at this show but travel didn't work out. Several co-workers are going though and it's their first time seeing GN'R. They're all super stoked for it.

"You are only allowed to give 10 likes per day. You cannot give any more likes today."  haha!    It looks on TM to be damn near sold out, should be an epic night!

• Like 2

On 7/25/2017 at 11:05 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Anyone know of any good restaurants around US Bank Stadium? My hotel is half a mile from the stadium

Go to MATTS BAR, where the jucy lucy was pretty much invented and is a fantastic piece of pure minnesota burger lore.

Take an uber to it, south of downtown

• Like 1

I'm stoked as fuck to be going to this show but I don't know if I can go back to being in the stands after being on the floor last night. No worries though, I'll make sure I'm in the pit for Milwaukee :headbang:

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

Hope you all have a great time, gutted to have had to sell my Pit tickets as work is too busy to come across from UK. Especially as never been to Minneapolis despite being closeby in Chicago so many times and the new stadium looks great. Maybe next season for the Bears game!

Have to wait until October now for the Arena tour at MSG when over to participate in Chicago marathon, seemed rude not to stop over in NYC on the way back over the pond.

5 hours ago, Braxon Raine said:

GnFnR weekend has officially begun! For those in the pit, what time are you fuckers all lining up? 

Much respect to all you who line up hours early and battle for the rail, hope you get the spot you want.  I'm in pit but not worried as I'm a hang in back/side guy.  Besides I'll be on lake all day and heading downtown around 6 or so....

2 hours ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I'm stoked as fuck to be going to this show but I don't know if I can go back to being in the stands after being on the floor last night. No worries though, I'll make sure I'm in the pit for Milwaukee :headbang:

I'm debating Milwaukee as well.  Although I'd really like to do Vegas again.  TBD

1 hour ago, Original said:

Liquor stores now open on Sundays 11AM-6PM.   Bars no change- 2AM closing.    

My buddy that lives there (who is also going to the show) almost got choked up when he was able to buy alcohol on a Sunday recently lol

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

My buddy that lives there (who is also going to the show) almost got choked up when he was able to buy alcohol on a Sunday recently lol

We finally figured out its 2017 and decided that adults can buy a beer (at a liquor store) on Sundays.   Now we need to pass legal fireworks and we're good. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Original said:

We finally figured out its 2017 and decided that adults can buy a beer (at a liquor store) on Sundays.   Now we need to pass legal fireworks and we're good. 

Michigan finally passed the fireworks thing about 5 years ago. I got all excited and blew a bunch of money on it the first year. Now I just watch everyone else's lol