08/02/17 - Denver, CO - Sports Authority Field

Estranged Reality

I saw the story but only half read it. I really didn't think it looked official. Especially with the name tagged on it, like @janrichmond pointed out. Plus I have never seen a lith leak this early. Just thought I would ask to see if any of you knew any thing about it.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tourettes2400 said:

I saw the story but only half read it. I really didn't think it looked official. Especially with the name tagged on it, like @janrichmond pointed out. Plus I have never seen a lith leak this early. Just thought I would ask to see if any of you knew any thing about it.

2 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

I wonder why people take the time and effort to create such shit? It wont be remembered anyway by anyone. Its just garbage.

I think we are being trolled ;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

No, they have been doing mad-max themed intro videos for the 2nd leg of the NA tour. They post these pictures on their social media with the corresponding Liscense Plates for each city.

the litho should leak a couple hours before show time

Thanks!

Cool to see Sturgil opening this show. Chris Stapleton got a great reaction last year when he opened for them, but that was in Nashville. But Sturgill is cut from the same cloth as Chris and Denver has a little in common with Nashville so he should get a warm welcome. Either way, cool to see some different, good acts get the openers.

Slayer and Lamb of God are on the same day, so that doesn't help.

The back middle of the upper bowl sold well. The rest didn't look so good. Ticketmaster keeps showing seats available and then they disappear. It looks like they open every other row in sections until it sells and then they open more. The local radio station (KBPI) has been giving away a ton of tickets.

Metallica was here a month ago and it basically sold out with Avenged, Volbeat, and Gojira.

Guess we'll see tomorrow.

1 hour ago, crashoride said:

The back middle of the upper bowl sold well. The rest didn't look so good. Ticketmaster keeps showing seats available and then they disappear. It looks like they open every other row in sections until it sells and then they open more. The local radio station (KBPI) has been giving away a ton of tickets.

Metallica was here a month ago and it basically sold out with Avenged, Volbeat, and Gojira.

It Is kind of strange that this particular show has struggled to sell the way It has.  It would seem to me that Denver Is a pretty good size market. At the end of the day they will probably end up with a turn out of between 30-40,000 with the upper bowl most likely closed off. It Is also Ironic that they are not dropping the price on the floor seats and they remain $250.00. 

Edited by ironmt

"Hello Colorado! Where the grass is green and the band is Guns n Roses!"

My call for the McBob opener line. Or is that too easy?! Can't sleep, can't fucking wait for tonight!! Will be partying in VIP lot C as early as 2:00. Got a solid crew hanging out and beers to share if anyone wants to mosey on over to our tailgate.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, crashoride said:

Yes...I read millions comment like this about NITL shows,and at the end we had one of the most succesufull tour ever...

So I don't give a shit about your evil comments...

And listen Get in the ring speech,I'm sure yoh can find yourself in these words...

4 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Yes...I read millions comment like this about NITL shows,and at the end we had one of the most succesufull tour ever...

And listen Get in the ring speech,I'm sure yoh can find yourself in these words...

You're Snerrious? I don't think commenting on ticket sales constitutes as evil comments :D Seems like a reasonable assessment of how Ticketmaster operate. Very few bands/artists can roll around the world and sell out in every city, especially in America! which is incredibly difficult even for bands with great reputations (GNR do not have such a luxury). They've sold extremely well for the most part though so no need for any tempers to flare up... also, if it they were selling poorly worldwide (which they aren't) there would still be no reason for a fan to be getting angry about someone mentioning it... unless they add something about "and this is why they should have got X & Y back and not got so and so", in which case we've all heard this argument so much that it's difficult not to give them a slap on the wrist.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

DGOoZjsXgAAlR7B.jpg

DGOockoXcAEN1Dj.jpg

Why is there seats on the ground? there's literally thousands of fixed seating all around the stadium in the stands, surely the view from seats on the ground would be quite poor when there's thousands of people stand up in front of you. 

4 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Why is there seats on the ground? there's literally thousands of fixed seating all around the stadium in the stands, surely the view from seats on the ground would be quite poor when there's thousands of people stand up in front of you. 

Thats just how America keeps crowd control... The only band i know that has not had seats on the floor on their tour of America lately has been Metallica... 

I was on the floor for GNR in NOLA last year and could not see a damn thing. I kept having to look up at the big ass side stage screens. 

All the people in the seats on the side usually sit down after 5 songs anyway. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Thats just how America keeps crowd control... The only band i know that has not had seats on the floor on their tour of America lately has been Metallica... 

I was on the floor for GNR in NOLA last year and could not see a damn thing. I kept having to look up at the big ass side stage screens. 

All the people in the seats on the side usually sit down after 5 songs anyway. 

Not true I was front row seats and in the pit.  The seats suck ass you feel miles away.  The 12 foot gap between stage and rail of pit of ridiculous also.  Its GnR and Loud so being confined to a seat is impossible, least for us blue collard tweekers!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gnrkoncerti said:

Umm.... How are my comments evil? Hopefully the show is super successful so they come back. Remember, Denver is not an A market.  NuGNR was here a couple of years ago and they played the 1st Bank Center which holds 7,500 and it was half full. There was no marketing or anything for that show which was weird. Metallica sold well this year because it was the KBPI Annual Birthday Bash, and it is Metallica. I'm not a huge fan but at least they put out new music. :)

To top things off, there is Colorado Rockies game going on at 6:30PM today, so down town is going to be a nightmare.

Edited by crashoride