08/02/17 - Denver, CO - Sports Authority Field

Estranged Reality

3 minutes ago, crashoride said:

Umm.... How are my comments evil? Hopefully the show is super successful so they come back. Remember, Denver is not an A market.  NuGNR was here a couple of years ago and they played the 1st Bank Center which holds 7,500 and it was half full. There was no marketing or anything for that show which was weird. Metallica sold well this year because it was the KBPI Annual Birthday Bash, and it is Metallica. I'm not a huge fan but at least they put out new music. :)

To top things off, there is Colorado Rockies game going on at 6:30PM today, so down town is going to be a nightmare.

Denver is an A market. They get all the big bands and have one of the greatest venues in the world at Red Rocks. Denver is a major hub and bands stop there all the time on their way to the west or east coast. It's a major concert market. Metallica did more than sell well. They sold out and it had nothing to do with birthday bash. Also the Denver downtown isn't that bad after ball games. Been there done that. It's one of the easier downtown cores to navigate when it's insanely busy so........ 

34 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Thats just how America keeps crowd control... The only band i know that has not had seats on the floor on their tour of America lately has been Metallica... 

I was on the floor for GNR in NOLA last year and could not see a damn thing. I kept having to look up at the big ass side stage screens. 

All the people in the seats on the side usually sit down after 5 songs anyway. 

U2 hasn't had seats on the floor since the Popmart tour in the 90s. U2 just toured the United States and will again in the fall and they didn't and won't have seats on the floor. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Bono said:

Denver is an A market. They get all the big bands and have one of the greatest venues in the world at Red Rocks. Denver is a major hub and bands stop there all the time on their way to the west or east coast. It's a major concert market. Metallica did more than sell well. They sold out and it had nothing to do with birthday bash. Also the Denver downtown isn't that bad after ball games. Been there done that. It's one of the easier downtown cores to navigate when it's insanely busy so........ 

U2 hasn't had seats on the floor since the Popmart tour in the 90s. U2 just toured the United States and will again in the fall and they didn't and won't have seats on the floor. 

Yeah no chairs for US Bank Stadium - U2

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-2017-minneapolis-minnesota-09-08-2017/event/060052C58E8C1B0D?artistid=736365&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1&tm_link=venueartist_msg-0_060052C58E8C1B0D

Edited by DPR714

1 hour ago, Bono said:

It's rare we get a hard rock band at the Broncos Stadium.  Most of the bigger bands play at the Pepsi Center or Fiddler's Green. Red Rocks is too small for the big bands.

From the looks of things it will probably do around 30K. Ticketmaster keeps opening and closing rows of seats all over the stadium, and they just opened up a -ton- of tickets.

Edited by crashoride

7 minutes ago, nolanjs55 said:

For a bunch of teenagers, a ga crowded floor would be fun. But now at 35 I like my seats. Plus no way in hell my causal fan friends or girlfriend would push their way up to be up front with me. With a seat I can sit in front 

I'm 51 and managed just fine in GC in London, in fact I loved it! 

Thinking about it now though maybe those around me were thinking 'watch out for that old bird':lol:

• Like 2