Estranged Reality

08/13/17 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

420 posts in this topic

One of the reasons I like popping into these show threads is because I feel just a little bit excited for those going and remember how excited I was when I went. Wonder if I'm the only one? ^^  @Tyler Drama Hope you get some good shots tonight! :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

One of the reasons I like popping into these show threads is because I feel just a little bit excited for those going and remember how excited I was when I went. Wonder if I'm the only one? ^^  @Tyler Drama Hope you get some good shots tonight! :thumbsup:

You are not the only one, same here, i can't believe that my last show was "only" 5 weeks ago, feels like 5 month:cry: on every single showday i recognize how bad i want to see them again !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At the bar at Dukes if anybody wants to grab a beer before the show

FYI, in case anybody hasn't seen, we get a discount into the Park day before or day after if you show your ticket stubs. I think it's like $20 off

Edited by Mooch14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know what time gnr have been hitting the stage since this earlier start time began? My cat got sick and I'm really late , anyone have experience with this new start time , I can guess 730pm but rather be sure , thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, EricA said:

You are not the only one, same here, i can't believe that my last show was "only" 5 weeks ago, feels like 5 month:cry: on every single showday i recognize how bad i want to see them again !

Me too.  I saw them only 5 DAYS ago and I feel the same.  Unfortunately, unless they add an arena date somewhere nearby, I don't think I'll be able to see them again on this tour.  The closest date scheduled is in Louisville, KY (I'm in South Florida).

This show is especially painful because my in-laws live near Harrisburg.  I should have planned a visit and acted surprised that GNR happens to be playing nearby.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Me too.  I saw them only 5 DAYS ago and I feel the same.  Unfortunately, unless they add an arena date somewhere nearby, I don't think I'll be able to see them again on this tour.  The closest date scheduled is in Louisville, KY (I'm in South Florida).

This show is especially painful because my in-laws live near Harrisburg.  I should have planned a visit and acted surprised that GNR happens to be playing nearby.

The louisville show is in november, right?enough time to plan the visit, or is the show sold out allready - if you can get tickets, do it ! You'll regret it if not, i allready regret that i've done "only" 3 shows over here on the euro-leg:unsure:

Edited by EricA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Anyone know what time gnr have been hitting the stage since this earlier start time began? My cat got sick and I'm really late , anyone have experience with this new start time , I can guess 730pm but rather be sure , thanks 

I'm told the town ordinance is that the concert needs to end 11pm. So thinking they need to go on no later than 8 for a 3 hour show. Saw them in Vegas and they went on @ 10:30-11. Lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TLC said:

I'm told the town ordinance is that the concert needs to end 11pm. So thinking they need to go on no later than 8 for a 3 hour show. Saw them in Vegas and they went on @ 10:30-11. Lol.

Thanks, the new start time sucks. I was at Vegas too and I didn't mind the time. 8pm? Feel like im seeing a matinee .  So I better. be there by 730pm, just hit jersey , ways to go, lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TLC said:

I'm told the town ordinance is that the concert needs to end 11pm. So thinking they need to go on no later than 8 for a 3 hour show. Saw them in Vegas and they went on @ 10:30-11. Lol.

Funny the reason for the ordinance is because of GNR back in 91. They played to like 1 or 2 am and Hershey banned them for it....... I guess Hershey had a change of heart for the money they'll be making lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Thanks, the new start time sucks. I was at Vegas too and I didn't mind the time. 8pm? Feel like im seeing a matinee .  So I better. be there by 730pm, just hit jersey , ways to go, lol 

Yes don't like early shows. Drive safely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heading to Dukes now.. I'll be the guy in the nightrain tshirt and flannel around his waist.. possibly dancing around like Axl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TLC said:

Sound check now. Can hear a bit of it from hotel.

 

Let us know what they soundchecked if you can make any of it out 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, inthejungle1 said:

Estranged, It's So Easy sound checked too

Add Civil War to the list 

Just to keep the conversation going anyone have any predictions tonight? Short set or extended set with the curfew? 

OTGM still a no show? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Add Civil War to the list 

Just to keep the conversation going anyone have any predictions tonight? Short set or extended set with the curfew? 

OTGM still a no show? 

I think they'll cut the encore short to meet the curfew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think they'll cut the encore short to meet the curfew

Only lame part about that is they choose Don't Cry or Patience to cut instead of a Seeker but that's something we have been discussing since the first show. I'm curious about the tempo..sometimes on these early curfew shows it feels like they fly through the set at a ridiculous pace...instead of cutting solo's they speed up the songs. Makes no sense, but I'm sure it will be a great show. 

One thing I mentioned in last show thread was how much better they've tuned the sound for stadiums than in their original run. Seems like everyone is getting clear audio no matter where the seat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm at Dukes. Just fired up Nightrain on the juke!

24 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think they'll cut the encore short to meet the curfew

Cmon man! I've been waiting for Sorry since I had those problems in Philly last july!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody at Dukes, come say hi at the end of the bar. Dude with long hair and buddy with a GNR trucker hat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.