08/13/17 - Hershey, PA - Hersheypark Stadium

Estranged Reality

27 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

One of the reasons I like popping into these show threads is because I feel just a little bit excited for those going and remember how excited I was when I went. Wonder if I'm the only one? ^^  @Tyler Drama Hope you get some good shots tonight! :thumbsup:

You are not the only one, same here, i can't believe that my last show was "only" 5 weeks ago, feels like 5 month:cry: on every single showday i recognize how bad i want to see them again !

• Like 3

At the bar at Dukes if anybody wants to grab a beer before the show

FYI, in case anybody hasn't seen, we get a discount into the Park day before or day after if you show your ticket stubs. I think it's like $20 off

Edited by Mooch14

Anyone know what time gnr have been hitting the stage since this earlier start time began? My cat got sick and I'm really late , anyone have experience with this new start time , I can guess 730pm but rather be sure , thanks 

27 minutes ago, EricA said:

You are not the only one, same here, i can't believe that my last show was "only" 5 weeks ago, feels like 5 month:cry: on every single showday i recognize how bad i want to see them again !

Me too.  I saw them only 5 DAYS ago and I feel the same.  Unfortunately, unless they add an arena date somewhere nearby, I don't think I'll be able to see them again on this tour.  The closest date scheduled is in Louisville, KY (I'm in South Florida).

This show is especially painful because my in-laws live near Harrisburg.  I should have planned a visit and acted surprised that GNR happens to be playing nearby.

37 minutes ago, Gnrcane said:

Me too.  I saw them only 5 DAYS ago and I feel the same.  Unfortunately, unless they add an arena date somewhere nearby, I don't think I'll be able to see them again on this tour.  The closest date scheduled is in Louisville, KY (I'm in South Florida).

This show is especially painful because my in-laws live near Harrisburg.  I should have planned a visit and acted surprised that GNR happens to be playing nearby.

The louisville show is in november, right?enough time to plan the visit, or is the show sold out allready - if you can get tickets, do it ! You'll regret it if not, i allready regret that i've done "only" 3 shows over here on the euro-leg:unsure:

Edited by EricA

39 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Anyone know what time gnr have been hitting the stage since this earlier start time began? My cat got sick and I'm really late , anyone have experience with this new start time , I can guess 730pm but rather be sure , thanks 

I'm told the town ordinance is that the concert needs to end 11pm. So thinking they need to go on no later than 8 for a 3 hour show. Saw them in Vegas and they went on @ 10:30-11. Lol.

Just now, TLC said:

I'm told the town ordinance is that the concert needs to end 11pm. So thinking they need to go on no later than 8 for a 3 hour show. Saw them in Vegas and they went on @ 10:30-11. Lol.

Thanks, the new start time sucks. I was at Vegas too and I didn't mind the time. 8pm? Feel like im seeing a matinee .  So I better. be there by 730pm, just hit jersey , ways to go, lol 

6 minutes ago, TLC said:

Funny the reason for the ordinance is because of GNR back in 91. They played to like 1 or 2 am and Hershey banned them for it....... I guess Hershey had a change of heart for the money they'll be making lol 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Pishy said:

Thanks, the new start time sucks. I was at Vegas too and I didn't mind the time. 8pm? Feel like im seeing a matinee .  So I better. be there by 730pm, just hit jersey , ways to go, lol 

Yes don't like early shows. Drive safely.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Add Civil War to the list 

Just to keep the conversation going anyone have any predictions tonight? Short set or extended set with the curfew? 

OTGM still a no show? 

I think they'll cut the encore short to meet the curfew

1 minute ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

I think they'll cut the encore short to meet the curfew

Only lame part about that is they choose Don't Cry or Patience to cut instead of a Seeker but that's something we have been discussing since the first show. I'm curious about the tempo..sometimes on these early curfew shows it feels like they fly through the set at a ridiculous pace...instead of cutting solo's they speed up the songs. Makes no sense, but I'm sure it will be a great show. 

One thing I mentioned in last show thread was how much better they've tuned the sound for stadiums than in their original run. Seems like everyone is getting clear audio no matter where the seat. 

• Like 1