08/16/17 - Buffalo, NY - New Era Field

Estranged Reality

40 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

They're out there playing together.  They're in a band.  Why do people need them to be best buddies?

Do you go up and hug everyone you work with?

Who cares if they don't like each other.  They're finally playing together again.  Some people are never satisfied.

That wasn't a complaint on my part, just an observation. I see people saying that it's so great they seem to be enjoying playing together again, and I'm just saying that in the three shows I've seen with this lineup, I don't get the vibe that they actually enjoy playing together. It doesn't mean I think less of them (At least not because of that - the ticket prices are a different story...), if they have a working relationship and can put in shows that don't leave people dissatisfied, that's fine by me. 

7 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

That wasn't a complaint on my part, just an observation. I see people saying that it's so great they seem to be enjoying playing together again, and I'm just saying that in the three shows I've seen with this lineup, I don't get the vibe that they actually enjoy playing together. It doesn't mean I think less of them (At least not because of that - the ticket prices are a different story...), if they have a working relationship and can put in shows that don't leave people dissatisfied, that's fine by me. 

You know Guns are charging too much for their tickets when Powerage, ''five million Iron Maiden shows per year'', is complaining!!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jordan Rose said:

It's really disheartening to be reading this. I haven't been watching whole streams like others here but have seen enough videos with Axl and Slash interacting on stage, Axl's arm around him, really vibeing off eachother. From the first show where Slash went up to the throne to play the TIL solo directly to Axl and multiple backstage pictures of them talking, laughing and smiling all the way from the rehearsal footage to recently. 

I know you said it's just a feeling but @Powerage5 agrees with the sentiment that Slash doesn't think much of Axl. Could you elaborate? In what sense? I mean, the birthday tweet with Godzilla implying Axl is a vocal monster, plus going to see him with AC/DC....he certainly respects the talent and was saying really nice things about Chinese and Axl's "genius" for years before the reunion.

But then I can see with Axl having completely given in and capitulated in order to keep the band going and without any public explanation as to how/why after everything he's said that Slash could see him as weak and insincere. 

Re: Slash doesn't think much of Axl.  

You know...I wish I could provide evidence or elaborate in a way that doesn't make me sound like a lunatic.  I don't have evidence.  I have a batshit crazy theory and a hunch based on my personal interpretation of body language/interaction/hours of past interviews/concert footage/Slash's book and...Axl...and I would hope I'm wrong.

Like @Powerage5 it's merely an observation although I would certainly prefer, as a fan, that they were proper mates.  I just don't think they are, even though the super nice ladies in the WT do a good job of reassuring me otherwise.  Don't get me wrong, I don't think they're backstage scratching each other's eyes out or have got each other on ignore.  I'm sure they are civil and polite and if that works for them now, and if that can result in a)great shows and b)new music then so be it.  I don't think it's a bad thing for Guns if all Axl and Slash mean to each other now is work colleagues of a sort, professionals.  

I know Duff thinks the world of Axl - that was confirmed for me after I heard him do a radio interview talking about when he travelled with Axl and NuGuns for a bit.

Try as I might, I just don't see this vibe between Axl and Slash that everyone else is seeing, but hey, clearly I'm in the minority and what do I know?  Jack shit. :lol: 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You know Guns are charging too much for their tickets when Powerage, ''five million Iron Maiden shows per year'', is complaining!!

Well, that's sort of my point. Maiden put on a massive production, and keep the tickets extremely affordable. I saw 25 shows this year, all in the pit/golden circle/GA. I averaged about $100 per show in North America (17 of those shows), and about $75 in the UK (8 shows). So that's $2300 for 25 shows. If I spent that same amount on GN'R tickets and got pit for every show, that would get me 7.66 tickets. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

They're out there playing together.  They're in a band.  Why do people need them to be best buddies?

Because the incredible chemistry between them - BOTH musical and personal - is what created the best band in the world. GN'R was never a band of coworkers and collegues. It was a family band which is what made it so special. The close relations between them were reflected in the amount of engagement and dedication with which they approached it. That is why it was so honest and heartfelt. No business collaboration can ever come close to it.

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Agreed! But everyone says it's good in person. I'll find out next month

it was awesome in person i promise you

6 minutes ago, ChrisMaciel said:

Really?

Cause i thought it was the best that he ever sounded in 2017.

were you there because I was and i second that phone mics just do not do justice

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gimpy Hewitt said:

To everyone saying axl sounded awful, the videos never do him justice, he sounds fucking amazing in person, his screams last night just ran right through you like nothing you’d ever felt

I disagree. There are plenty of videos and phone recordings that he sounds good on. It can't go both ways.

I think most singers at rock shows sound better in person.. A lot of the imperfections are covered up by the volume/crowd at a rock show.. Vince Neil is awful but it always sounds better when you are there.. Not a huge fan of Myles but he always sounded great in person.. I think it generally sounds better when you are there..

There are nights when everyone agrees Axl sounds good.. That is after hearing recording from different peoples phones. He isn't bad on some recordings and good on others recordings of the same songs from the same show. He was just good that night.

That said he is still good enough to pull it off in a live setting night after night. It is always better when you are there but he is definitely better some nights than others. He is older and his throat has taken a beating. Not to mention he has been a work horse for the last year and a half straight.  

Some songs he is better at than others but nightly he still has the jaw dropping screams in the tank when he needs them.

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I am still going to the Boston show :) I would have traveled to a few others if prices weren't so high is what I was saying

I got you, I just didn't know if you were going at all because of all the issues we have all discussed over time. I wish I made Buffalo but that is ok, I'm going to shoot for Boston too, it's a cool city.  Hartford, CT would be nice as well, and Jersey folks are great. I'm literally postponing my move from the NYC to see all the east coast shows I can , lol! Glad all the Buffalo attendees had fun. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TupacShakur said:

found a video of only woman bleed

why doesnt he use that voice for November rain? do you think it hurts?

I'd imagine it hurts like hell. Just my opinion. Not a singer. Probably different for him than to me. 

Close your eyes and you'd think you're listen to Illusions era. God damn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedrolg said:

Axl sounds absolutely awful

Yeah, not sounding to good In the video's that's for sure. I thought live and let die and Rocket Queen were worse than they normally are. Only woman bleed was amazing and the highlight of the show. If we could get that voice through even half of the show It would be a complete turn around.