08/16/17 - Buffalo, NY - New Era Field

Estranged Reality

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2017/08/15/gnr-preview.html

Fans who attend must follow the NFL's bag policy, which means clear bags that are equal to or smaller than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches are allowed. Large purses and backpacks are not permitted, but small clutch bags the size of a hand are allowed. All tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and lighters, are not permitted at the event.

Wow....not sure i have seen a show not allow tobacco products at all.

I have seen Tool, Incubus, Roger Waters and Soundgarden (May 17 Detroit, RIP Chris Cornell) this year and was allowed in with smokes/lighter or e-cigarette every time.

6 minutes ago, Maynard James Keenan said:

http://www.twcnews.com/nys/buffalo/news/2017/08/15/gnr-preview.html

Fans who attend must follow the NFL's bag policy, which means clear bags that are equal to or smaller than 12 inches by 6 inches by 12 inches are allowed. Large purses and backpacks are not permitted, but small clutch bags the size of a hand are allowed. All tobacco products, including e-cigarettes and lighters, are not permitted at the event.

Wow....not sure i have seen a show not allow tobacco products at all.

I have seen Tool, Incubus, Roger Waters and Soundgarden (May 17 Detroit, RIP Chris Cornell) this year and was allowed in with smokes/lighter or e-cigarette every time.

Confirmed:

http://www.buffalobills.com/tickets/stadium/permitted-prohibited-items.html

The following items are PERMITTED at the stadium:

· Additional clothing and blankets (must be carried loosely)

· Clear bags smaller than 12" x 6" x 12" (NFL Bag Policy Details)

· One gallon clear plastic freezer bags

· Small clutch bag approximately the size of a hand (4.5” x 6.5”), with or without a handle or strap

· Binoculars

· Cameras with lenses shorter than six (6) inches

· Food – unopened, single serve containers carried in an approved size clear plastic bag

· iPads and tablet devices

The following items are PROHIBITED at the stadium:

· **NEW- Battery operated clothing (socks, jackets, etc.)

· Tobacco products - including cigarettes/electronic cigarettes, chewing tobacco, lighters/matches

· Drones, Unmanned Aircraft Devices

· Alcoholic beverages, illegal substances

· Animals (with the exception of service animals for guests with disabilities)

· Bags, camera bags, backpacks, any bag larger than 12" x 6" x 12"

· Beach balls, footballs, balls, inflatable devices (balloons)

· Bottles, cans, thermoses, and other beverage containers

· Cameras with lenses longer than six (6) inches

· Clothing or material with profane language or obscene graphics

· Fireworks

· Headwear or clothing that may impede the view of guests

· Laptop computers, radios

· Laser pointer devices, noisemakers

· Promotional materials not approved by the Bills

· Seat cushions larger than 15" x 15" or that contain armrests, zippers, pockets, flaps or metal backs

· Selfie sticks, sticks or poles

· Strollers

· Umbrellas

· Video cameras, monopods and tripods

· Weapons (knives, box-cutters, firearms, etc.)

· ANY OTHER ITEM DEEMED DANGEROUS OR INAPPROPRIATE

Regarding the two posts above me- Stadium lots open at 3. Private lots open earlier. On Bills game days the private lots open at 7 AM while stadium lots open at 9. If you go before 3, find a private lot. 

I know there's one private lot next to Louie's hot dogs at the corner of abbot and southwestern. Here's a map

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Louie's+Texas+Red+Hots/@42.7750904,-78.7928574,16.22z/data=!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x89d305815466a99f:0xf0b562b249eaa7f5!2sNew+Era+Field!8m2!3d42.7737601!4d-78.7869732!3m4!1s0x0:0x400889bb62c53469!8m2!3d42.7767943!4d-78.7919135?hl=en

Edited by bt88

This band is still a very big draw but these ticket price drops just show that the prices are too high in a lot of areas. With normal to slightly above normal prices, they can sell out any venue they book. The value is definitely there with the amazing shoe they put on. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

This band is still a very big draw but these ticket price drops just show that the prices are too high in a lot of areas. With normal to slightly above normal prices, they can sell out any venue they book. The value is definitely there with the amazing shoe they put on. 

Agreed. We are skipping this one even though it is just three hours away. Combination of it being on a Wednesday (old guys like me just can't have a miserable day at work on Thursday) and I dropped over a grand to see them last summer in Toronto thinking this was my one shot at the reunion. It really just seems like they are taking a second kick at the North American can before they either consider producing something or before the train goes off the tracks.

October Toronto dates are the same (plus we hate the venue). Might try Detroit if things line up.

excited to check out this thread for updates tonight. Have a wicked time!

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, GoBucky said:

I would have went to either Hershey or Buffalo plus one of the MSG shows if they weren't raping us.  My uncle also had a ticket to the Cinci show last summer reserved for me that I had to pass on... Pretty sad actually

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Crankbox said:

I saw the same things about parking opening at 3pm.  Can we get there before 3pm to get in line?  If anyone gets in line for pit, can you give us all an update?  I will once I get there.

There is about 20 people here.  Looks like they may separate pit left and right tickets at gate 2 (right) and gate 6 (left) but now sure yet.

6 hours ago, RussTCB said:

They lowered the upper bowl to $25 and lower bowl to $50 via sites like Groupon, that's why the show started selling so well out of nowhere.

Thanks for the Information. I thought It was kind of strange that ticket sells just took off out of nowhere but figured It was just people waiting until the last minute.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Crowebar said:

I agree with most of this and others views except for the part about taking a year off. With all of the existing (according to him and others comments over the last what?? 2 decades???) material Axl has in his vault plus newer-ish material Duff/Slash had to have walked into this with and even more newer stuff they've no doubt come up with while on this tour just screwing around during soundchecks and what not, there should be more than enough to pick from to release at least one solid, kick-ass album of legendary music. They probably have enough material between them all to release 3 albums. Screw taking a year off. Finish this tour then go straight into the studio, work hard and drop some killer music on the world :headbang:

Actually I just meant that we most likely wouldn't see them touring In 2018 due to recording of a new album, so I think we are on the same page. 

• Like 1