08/30/17 - Edmonton, AB - Commonwealth Stadium

Wed, Aug 30, 2017

Edmonton, Alberta

Commonwealth Stadium

McBob: Edmonton! You wanted the best, but Wayne Gretzky couldn't make it...so here's what you get...From Hollwood...Guns N' Roses!

It's So Easy
Mr. Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live and Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory/Attitude
This I Love
Civil War
Yesterdays
Coma
The Godfather/Sweet Child O' Mine
Wichita Lineman (Glen Campbell Cover) 
Used To Love Her
My Michelle
Wish You Were Here/Layla/November Rain
Black Hole Sun
I Got You (James Brown Cover)
Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Nightrain
Melissa/Patience
Whole Lotta Rosie
Don't Cry
The Seeker
Paradise City

21192814_10155721579353069_6912987535945153465_n.thumb.jpg.417cc821d8469464f9008439aebb1816.jpg

1 hour ago, Critical Solution said:

Awesome dude. How do you think the show will sell? Sellout? half full? What's your take?

Few factors come into play here:

Cons: Wednesday a weekday, kids potentially going back to school on Thursday (they did last year).

Pros: Reunion hype as big as ever. Calgary didn't get a show and GnR' fans will travel as you know (Red Deer is also an hour away).

My take is 35,000 - 40,000. If it was a Friday or Saturday I would have said 45,000 - 55,000. Either way the fans are going to be pumped up for this show and it will be loud.

I think the last time Ac/DC was here it was just over 50,000. U2 has the biggest attendance at Commonwealth at 66,538.

Edited by TrixAreForKids

2 hours ago, Critical Solution said:

Saw in another thread talk of opening acts. I love the idea of Monster Truck getting the nod. Going to be an epic night. Anybody else hitting the Regina show too?

Might hit up Winnipeg the week before. Flights through new leaf are dirt cheap at $50 one way.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have planned a fan party pre concert party on  Tuesday the 29th at On The Rocks downtown. ..8pm..It's a rock bar and they will be playing gnr  music all night. There will also be an artist there stickmanfinearts displaying his gnr artwork. 

On the Rocks is also offering free shuttles to and from the concert on Wednesday night. 

It's a great way to meet other fans. We did that in Vegas and it was a blast. Hopefully see some of you there Tuesday night!