06/17/17 - London, GB - London Stadium *2nd Night

alfierose

23 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Sorry you missed out, no idea why they did that.

No worries, not your fault! 

Turned up about 9.55am with my 3 mates, with two others who'd been at the Friday gig. 

Was told that pop-up shop would be open at 11 and we'd need to queue along the wall. When I mentioned about the 'first 50 t-shirt' promo I was told it was only on Thurs and Fri. Didn't make sense to me.

After getting brekkie instead of queueing we came back and bought some t-shirts.  Was a cool set-up! But a bit disappointing to be the day missed out when we went out of our way to go to the pop-up shop.

• Like 1

We are now at the point in the thread with multi-paragraph dissertations on Axl's voice, with the same recycled points, comparisons, and speculation, over and over and over.

Is the constant repetition really needed? Nothing new is being discovered or revealed in these high school-type essays.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lio said:

No need. I know they're fantastic. (Not all of them, mind you, that's another fanfic thing floating around.)

I just don't get what it is that makes people jump on people that enjoyed a show and want to act as if they're morons that don't know any better. It's one thing to give your opinion and not like Axl's voice, the setlist, Slash's improv or whatever else, but why break down people that come here to share the experience they had? I'm now replying to you, but I'm not just talking about you, by the way, I've seen more posters do that. It's like those people you enthusiastically tell about your holiday, only to have them shrug and say that it's overrated and boring. Why on earth would you do that? They just came back from a show and they thought it was great and want to share.

Oh, and him saying Axl sounds fantastic is his opinion, you saying he doesn't, is worth just as much. It's all just opinions.

LOL, I'm glad I read your whole thread before I responded as I thought you were talking directly about me :)

You make a good point that it can be disheartening for someone to have gone to a show, come on here and say "oh my god, greatest show ever" and then have everyone bash them or the show or whatever.   I had real life friends do that after I saw them in Vegas and I had to keep telling them just go, you'll see....

As for the rest it was Alex and I like arguing with Alex he can take it :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ericy210 said:

We are now at the point in the thread with multi-paragraph dissertations on Axl's voice, with the same recycled points, comparisons, and speculation, over and over and over.

Is the constant repetition really needed? Nothing new is being discovered or revealed in these high school-type essays.

Enjoy the discussion. There use to be nobody to talk to about anything during the dark days...no need to bash people for contributing to a topic we clearly all find interesting 

Axl is the man at the end of the day, if he's bad the whole band is bad, if he's on the whole band is on. His vocals make all the difference 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I watched/listened-to two clips today, something I rarely do: Yesterdays and Coma from London. The band sounded good except for the last verses of Coma on which Rose struggled (he was almost talking it by the song's conclusion). Yesterdays vocally was clean and rasp free but still powerful. I didn't mind Slash's loose interpretation of the Yesterdays solo either - it was bluesy and improvised which is what Slash is supposed to be about, and it is his solo to do with whatever he pleases unlike guitarists during the previous era. I cannot believe some people expect Slash to play note-by-note versions of the studio songs like an automaton? This is what Slash, and by extension Guns, was never about! Slash's raison d'être is his bluesy looseness!

You know he's going to nail coma when he hits this note at 3:12 and rounds it out into some gritty vocals

But this would be the one to watch if you haven't been watching much, Axl kills the last verse 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rocking Rob said:

I was quite disappointed with how static the crowed was. There was loads of singing which was nice but very little jumping, bouncing, minor moshing.  I was only 3 people back from the barrier in ga and it was just a little dull.  Good music though, I enjoyed the show and although axl is not what he used to be it was good enough for me

I think it's the GC that ruins the atmosphere, all the people who would go crazy and jump etc etc would usually all find themselves near the front but because of the barriers the crazy party people where mixed with the "singalong" "hold your phone up" people and the energy was sporadic and lack luster.

+ that piano/song intro to November rain was probably the worst thing I've heard at a rock concert 

2 hours ago, Lio said:

Oh, and him saying Axl sounds fantastic is his opinion, you saying he doesn't, is worth just as much. It's all just opinions.

Exactly, and if you like "Mickey" more than his 80s/90s voice, you're even entitled to say he was fantastic in 2014. :D

12 minutes ago, ericy210 said:

Well we can't discuss a new song just being perfomed in London, a new album just released or a new Axl interview because we don't have them.  A lot of us would really appreciate to discuss all that

19 minutes ago, Mfegz said:

I think it's the GC that ruins the atmosphere, all the people who would go crazy and jump etc etc would usually all find themselves near the front but because of the barriers the crazy party people where mixed with the "singalong" "hold your phone up" people and the energy was sporadic and lack luster.

+ that piano/song intro to November rain was probably the worst thing I've heard at a rock concert 

Yeah i kinda agree but i only noticed around abouts the middle of the setlist and i only recorded about 2mins of Slash and that was it, but the atmosphere was so cool 

4 minutes ago, Zurimor said:

That doesn't make sense at all....:lol:

You know it does! But I'll ruin my own joke and explain...

you said some might like Axl's 2014 voice over his 90's voice and I said false they should leave if they feel that way. And you said why should they leave if they like his current voice and I said same reason Brian had to leave...Bc he's deaf 

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

You know it does! But I'll ruin my own joke and explain...

you said some might like Axl's 2014 voice over his 90's voice and I said false they should leave if they feel that way. And you said why should they leave if they like his current voice and I said same reason Brian had to leave...Bc he's deaf 

Err, he's not deaf and he wasn't kicked....

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/05/24/brian-johnson-reveals-reason-left-acdc.html

P.S.: If you were deaf, you also couldn't like his voice, so any way...it doesn't make sense.... :P

Edited by Zurimor

1 minute ago, Zurimor said:

Err, he's not deaf and he wasn't kicked....

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2016/05/24/brian-johnson-reveals-reason-left-acdc.html

P.S.: If you were deaf, you also couldn't like his voice, so any way...it doesn't make sense.... :P

Eh, that's part of the joke! Haha English isn't your first language right? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Not near as many, go back to the show threads. People were pretty positive about Axl...setlist was getting slammed 

Maybe not so much in the show threads (although there were complaints every time about November Rain, YCBM etc) but there were threads about his voice.

3 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

And it really needs Izzy. I hated Richards guitar spots, they don't fit with this band. You have slash's bluesy guitar that he plays with feeling and then there's Richard on a completely different wavelength. It doesn't sound anything like the music GnR plays, really hated it. 

totally agree, but the reason I did not write Izzy is that he does not want this band. :(