The Daily Hate

AtariLegend

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

What is so strange about my music? You mean as distinct from the belter buzzing stuff that was prevalent then, 2unlimited etc.

Nothing really, just thought a headmaster of our generation might deem it a bit odd according to what lads your age generally listen to.  I mean Buffalo Springfield and Curtis Mayfield ain't exactly the standard for our age group, is it?

17 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Nothing really, just thought a headmaster of our generation might deem it a bit odd according to what lads your age generally listen to.  I mean Buffalo Springfield and Curtis Mayfield ain't exactly the standard for our age group, is it?

You could say that for just about everybody who has listened to Mozart in - just for sake of argument - Mozart. I did not exclusively listen to 1960s and '70s music irrespective. I have Bjork albums in my collection and had some atrocious heavy metal albums. I even have those arch Labour luvvies' debut, Definitely Maybe.

27 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You could say that for just about everybody who has listened to Mozart in - just for sake of argument - Mozart. I did not exclusively listen to 1960s and '70s music irrespective. I have Bjork albums in my collection and had some atrocious heavy metal albums. I even have those arch Labour luvvies' debut, Definitely Maybe.

Even Bjork is a bit odd for a Geordie lad :lol:

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I'd hate to read what my headmaster had to say about me!

So do you think Farage is just a "good decent person" to paraphrase himself?

Never noticed a pattern over the years?

I'd like to point out that Trump's other cheerleader Gove is a loony too. Here is in 2008;  "The liberation of Iraq has actually been that rarest of things – a proper British foreign policy success. Next year, while the world goes into recession, Iraq is likely to enjoy 10% GDP growth. "

43 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

So do you think Farage is just a "good decent person" to paraphrase himself?

Never noticed a pattern over the years?

I'd like to point out that Trump's other cheerleader Gove is a loony too. Here is in 2008;  "The liberation of Iraq has actually been that rarest of things – a proper British foreign policy success. Next year, while the world goes into recession, Iraq is likely to enjoy 10% GDP growth. "

I wouldn't notice or care. UKIP are sort of a shit party really.

Gove has a face like a scrotum.

• Like 1

So looking at the make-up of parliament to see how many people would have to vote against Brexit to prevent article 50 from being triggered. Basically it would require most of Labor assuming SNP/Lib Dems ect. voted against it.

I don't see how it doesn't get triggered given Labor's stance.

30 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

I don't see how it doesn't get triggered given Labor's stance.

Especially when Labour's stance in general under Corbyn appears to be feet shoulder width apart while grabbing their ankles. :lol:

41 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Corbyn is ideological pro Brexit really as all of the hard left (Bennites) are. He is just whimy whamy on the issue because of party politics.

I mean their stance in general. Basically given up completely as a meaningful opposition. 

You Gov poll a few months ago, that said they'd pick up a few extra percent of voters if they done a 360 and promised a 2nd referendum than if just went ahead and supported it like they are now. Tories would still win, but a coalition with Lib Dems would be enough for PM Jeramey. UKIP's numbers didn't seem to change regardless of what stance the other parties took.

Anyway, no chance of that now. I'm not making an argument for it, just saying!

He was right on Trident though (imo).

7 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

You Gov poll a few months ago, that said they'd pick up a few extra percent of voters if they done a 360 and promised a 2nd referendum than if just went ahead and supported it like they are now. Tories would still win, but a coalition with Lib Dems would be enough for PM Jeramey. UKIP's numbers didn't seem to change regardless of what stance the other parties took.

He was right on Trident though (imo).

To me the idea of a second referendum is a bit silly. I voted remain but it's done now and there's no point crying about it. If people couldn't be bothered research it enough to make an informed choice the 1st time round then tough shit for them. They voted for it and now they have to own it for better or worse.

Also I'll be in favour of getting rid of the nukes 100%. Just as soon as everybody else does the same.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Tories must love Corbyn.

For the ankle grabbing? It is a very public school thing I guess. :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Trump who lost the popular vote or May who didn't even have a vote :P.

The popular vote does not decide the American election, and the Tories are the government as being the party with the majority as democratically elected - May formed the government upon Cameron's demise. Regardless, if May called an election she would win by a country mile so the latter would be academic.

In fact, if Theresa May called an election she would probably increase the number of Tory seats - such is the state of Labour!

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Regardless, if May called an election she would win by a country mile so the latter would be academic.

Again polls also suggest it would be possible to change that.

I also like how it's been brushed under the rug that she was the one who handled immigration before becoming PM. Net immigration from outside the EU was of course slightly higher than from inside. So the old blaming freedom of movement?

Free pass from those that wanted to "keep the Muslims" out?

3 minutes ago, AtariLegend said:

Again polls also suggest it would be possible to change that.

I also like how it's been brushed under the rug that she was the one who handled immigration before becoming PM. Net immigration from outside the EU was of course slightly higher than from inside. So the old blaming freedom of movement?

Free pass from those that wanted to "keep the Muslims" out?

Theresa May was actually a remainer, albeit not a particularly vociferous one.

The Greens or Lib Dems have about as much chance at forming a government as Labour. Labour are buggered for the next decade I'm afraid.

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Theresa May was actually a remainer, albeit not a particularly vociferous one.

She was a remain-er, because she thought it would win. Like Cameron. Spends years blaming EU on everything, then changes tune during referendum. 

She sat on the sidelines, because it was her best spot whether Cameron won or lost. Boris probably wanted Cameron to win just by a slight margin to look better in the eyes of voters, the buffon probably never thought he'd win or wanted. Gove didn't have Murdoch on side and Murdoch always picks the winner. 

Edited by AtariLegend

Just now, AtariLegend said:

She was a remain-er, because she thought it would win. Like Cameron. Spends years blaming EU on everything, then changes tune during referendum. 

She sat on the sidelines, because it was her best spot whether Cameron won or lost. Boris probably wanted Cameron to win just by a slight margin to look better in the eyes of voters, the buffon probably never thought he's win or wanted. Gove didn't have Murdoch on side and Murdoch always picks the winner :(. 

Cameron was definitely a remainer. Witness that shocking deal he came back with.

You have to remember that the Tories have fought multiple civil wars over this issue. A great chunk of the Tories are also stupid pro-EU whinge bags. Ironically, the left of Labour have more in common (on this issue) with the Eurosceptic Tories than the rest of their party, and the Blairites have more in common with the EU fanatics - people like Ken Clarke.

PS

The day of that vote I was on the train going to the cricket and there was some gingery girl with a ''vote remain'' badge and a hideously patronising left wing face.