fanfzero

What happened with the Paris 92 promo tapes?

I'm sure you remember them. JimBeam bought those tapes on ebay in June, and sent them to Limulus so he could transfer and liberate them. They had better quality than the versions we had before, specially for the audio. Everyone looked excited with the project but then it vanished, nobody spoke again about it.

Limulus said that the proper video transfer and authoring would take some time, but he also said that the audio transfer would be easy and we would get the flacs soon.

He gave us It's so Easy, You Could Be Mine (in audio only, he also gave us a piece on video for evaluating the quality) and Mama Kin.

• Like 1

I always wonder why these video transfers take so long. Can't you just buy a VCR with an HDMI out and record it in 480p through a capture card with an HDMI in like 2 hours, upload it and call it a day? Unless they bother to deinterlace it (which I would rather let my video player do).

I mean I'm grateful for them for doing this, but man some things take months to surface.

Forgive my naivety in the subject of bootlegs if I'm wrong

Edited by Mendez

4 hours ago, fanfzero said:

I'm sure you remember them. JimBeam bought those tapes on ebay in June, and sent them to Limulus so he could transfer and liberate them. They had better quality than the versions we had before, specially for the audio. Everyone looked excited with the project but then it vanished, nobody spoke again about it.

Limulus said that the proper video transfer and authoring would take some time, but he also said that the audio transfer would be easy and we would get the flacs soon.

He gave us It's so Easy, You Could Be Mine (in audio only, he also gave us a piece on video for evaluating the quality) and Mama Kin.

this is sublime! :headbang:

5 hours ago, Mendez said:

I always wonder why these video transfers take so long. Can't you just buy a VCR with an HDMI out and record it in 480p through a capture card with an HDMI in like 2 hours, upload it and call it a day? Unless they bother to deinterlace it (which I would rather let my video player do).

I mean I'm grateful for them for doing this, but man some things take months to surface.

Forgive my naivety in the subject of bootlegs if I'm wrong

Limulus likes to edit it for making it look better, that takes time, but yes, it usually doesn't take so much time, so I suppose he forgot about this project.

They can also do what they did with the Ritz 88 master, when gibbo authored his version without editing or anything and then, after some months, Limulus authored his version.

So JimBeam could release a standard version before Limulus finishes his upgraded version.

Edited by fanfzero

Pretty sure he didnt forget, good work takes time and maybe he`s trying to trade it first.

Still waiting for Destructive Illusions #3.

There`s still one tuesday left and he released his Ritz 88 on the last tuesday of 2014 so we still have one chance left this year and u know with GN'F'NR history repeats

On 24-10-2016 at 4:21 AM, Lim666 said:

Well, life always comes in between this little nice hobby, sorry for waiting time. But i'm back working on it a little more again. problem was/is that the audio needs more work than expected. anyway, it should be out this year.....on a tuesday off course   ;)

Edited by FRANSAD

On 21/12/2016 at 8:26 PM, fanfzero said:

Do you think the final version will have that clock??

5 minutes ago, rendestroi95 said:

Do you think the final version will have that clock??

Yes, Lim said that the clock is present from Sweet Child O' Mine until Paradise City (6 songs). The only thing he can do to remove it is putting a black bar that covers the clock or using the image from another dvd

22 hours ago, Lim666 said:

yo, people! i still have the 2x vhs tapes here. the transfers are done long time ago. the editing, however, still needs some twisting. i'm sorry for all the delays, but life is taking much more of my free time than it has like 10 years ago. anyway, it will come out (on a tuesday ;-)   ), but not this year. i'm having some free days the next 2 weeks, so it might hurry things up a little, this is not a promise though. as for quality of those tapes: yes, its an upgrade for sure, but also we have this in good quality already, right? the time stamp logo is all within the last hour of the show, nothing to do about.

keep it cool!

Limulus

Thanks for the update! Take your time on doing it, I just wanted to know what was the status of the project because nobody spoke about it for a while. 

And Merry Christmas!

On 7/3/2017 at 1:52 PM, Jim06600 said:

Hi all,

Any updates ?

Cheers!

No, nothing yet:shrugs:

Since the tracker's dead we've lost almost all contact with Lim and JimBeam (The owners of the tapes). The last update was the latest post by Limulus.

It would be cool if JimBeam releases a raw version from the tapes while Limulus works on the upgrade.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, podcastpaul said:

Any idea when we can expect to see the finish product? 

No idea, I hope at least the audio comes soon, video can wait

I recently made a 60 fps version of the full show and it turned out to be quite nice, even when you consider youtube compresses the fuck out of it, it still looks good on YT. Finished it off with audio from the "What A Night" silver cd wich is an excellent soundboard recording released by Langley.

Here is a sample

• Like 1

i think Limulus will release first the audio version of the show on 6 june 2017 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Hipodromme De Vincennes concert...i myself have a video Master tape that was recorded inside the Veronica Tv Station during the second re-broadcast of this concert on april 11 1993(i'm not kidding) my tape has no time code numbers and it comes with all the comercials and the buletin news after the concert(funny) from what i see now availible for download nothing comes close in terms of picture quality and from what i know the paris 92 blu-ray it is indeed source from a master vhs recorded from the Tv feed(unfortunatly it was LP recorded.. Jarl version) now i'm on a way to buy a ''new' vhs recorder an i will do another transfer,i am not happy with the results that i have right now....aldo the transfer was done in early 2014 with a sony SLV SX730 videorecorder straight through Sony RDR Hx 725 dvd recorder....keep in touch 

Adrian

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, foreverguns said:

i think Limulus will release first the audio version of the show on 6 june 2017 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the Hipodromme De Vincennes concert...i myself have a video Master tape that was recorded inside the Veronica Tv Station during the second re-broadcast of this concert on april 11 1993(i'm not kidding) my tape has no time code numbers and it comes with all the comercials and the buletin news after the concert(funny) from what i see now availible for download nothing comes close in terms of picture quality and from what i know the paris 92 blu-ray it is indeed source from a master vhs recorded from the Tv feed(unfortunatly it was LP recorded.. Jarl version) now i'm on a way to buy a ''new' vhs recorder an i will do another transfer,i am not happy with the results that i have right now....aldo the transfer was done in early 2014 with a sony SLV SX730 videorecorder straight through Sony RDR Hx 725 dvd recorder....keep in touch 

Adrian

Sounds good, a new source is always welcome

15 minutes ago, foreverguns said:

any advice in choosing another vhs recorder,other than sony's?

they used to make good machines but maybe another brand is better

No idea, just try and see the results. I think jvc is also good (maybe I'm wrong)