Alien: Covenant

Powerage5

54 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Alien was the best, but I did love Aliens.

the other two were okay. In the 4th one, I felt so bad for the alien that was part of SW and she killed it. I hate feeling sorry for things that aren't real. So is this movie following the last one where SW and a few other people were going back to earth?

This one takes place between Prometheus and Alien. 

• Like 1

Finally watched the Prologue. It definitely adds anticipation and excitement, but I'll be honest in saying that I am not a fan of the trend where typical comedic actors delve into a role outside their realm (granted Franco has done more serious roles than McBride, I believe). I love McBride and Franco, but not sure how I feel about them being in the movie. I don't think they'll take anything away, but I don't see them really adding anything of value. But, we'll see.

Also, as excited as I am for this movie, I do wish it was more of "Prometheus 2". We're told that we'll find out what happened between the end of Prometheus and this movie, which is great, but I was hoping for more of a "this whole movie is the story of what happened with Dr. Shaw and David".

Either way, I'm putting trust in Ridley and expecting an awesome movie.

• Like 1

Looks like a Prometheus sequel in this trailer. That is fine, I guess it is supposed to be, and if they do a decent job I suppose it is good that they didn't completely abandon that story line. Looks way less "soft rebooty" than the first trailer. I still don't know if it looks good or not to me, though.

I also know its a boring discussion at this point, but I wish there was less fucking CGI. I know CGI is an awesome and vital tool with modern film making, but my brain can instantly tell what is real and what isn't when so much of it is used. I am watching Aliens right now, and it still looks so fucking great. Little details, like them loading missiles into the drop ship at the beginning makes it feel like a real operation. Nowadays, that would have been a CGI missle and a CGI fork lift mech loader. Shit like that. I miss that real looking world with sets and props. Do more of that and use the CGI to augment it. I also know it is unrealistic to expect total practical effects for the aliens still, but can't they do both and be more tasteful? I don't know if I need cartoon aliens jumping and hanging and doing somersaults on flying and crashing space ships.

Whatever, hope it doesn't suck

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

You know what? I don't think it looks good :shrugs:

Fuck

Me too. I'm excited for this one. It helps that I'm one of the few fans of Prometheus too. Alien 3 is the only film in the franchise I truly, fully despise. 

Just now, Powerage5 said:

Me too. I'm excited for this one. It helps that I'm one of the few fans of Prometheus too. Alien 3 is the only film in the franchise I truly, fully despise. 

i said it doesn't look good to me :lol:

I'll be honest, I barely remember 3 and Resurrection but almost have no desire to revisit them. I remember hating both, but will rewatch one day.

Don't get me wrong, I will definitely see Covenant. I want to be proved wrong but so far am meh

• Like 1

The trailer has what looks to be an Engineer Temple, as well as one of their ships (likely the one David and Shaw took in Prometheus), and David still plays a big role in the story (as well as the trailer showing Shaw's dogtags).

This is somewhere right in the middle of being a Prometheus sequel, and a prequel to Alien, all-the-while likely setting it up for one more prequel which will be even more directly connected to Alien, as Ridley explained is his idea.

• Like 1