Wagszilla

Will we hear new music in 2017?

Billsfan    1,427

Boy am I glad sci-fi has this twilight zone marathon still going after all these years... you know, there are some shows that I can just watch the art repeat itself and not get bored. I can rewatch these episodes and still get pumped. I have some jokes with my friends and memories and some just never get old... rant over 

Anyways. To answer your question: 1- That is one awesome Taco Bell employee. I hope he or she is a better source than Eddie trunk, otherwise I got one hell of a scoop that I can release around April :P 

I think it's awesome we can speculate. Shame we don't have facts but with facts there's less speculation so, I'm gonna guess Away. 

52 Tuesday's... boy the clock is ticking 

Rovim    3,288

I doubt it. Axl said not soon, I think not soon means at least 2 or 3 years at the earliest.

• Like 1

Oldest Goat    3,581
1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Boy am I glad sci-fi has this twilight zone marathon still going after all these years... you know, there are some shows that I can just watch the art repeat itself and not get bored. I can rewatch these episodes and still get pumped. I have some jokes with my friends and memories and some just never get old... rant over 

Anyways. To answer your question: 1- That is one awesome Taco Bell employee. I hope he or she is a better source than Eddie trunk, otherwise I got one hell of a scoop that I can release around April :P 

I think it's awesome we can speculate. Shame we don't have facts but with facts there's less speculation so, I'm gonna guess Away. 

52 Tuesday's... boy the clock is ticking 

Rovim    3,288

Maybe they will play a new song live? I don't actually believe Axl will do that before releasing an album, but I guess there's a chance.

idk, but it would be great to hear a re-recording of it's five o'clock somewhere/ain't life grand songs (updated with Axl and Dizzy on them)

p.s. i'm bit drunk atm

Edited by Spaghetti Guy

IncitingChaos    4,326

Just depends how long Axl wants Slash around. I think Slash would like to do something new in terms of music soon but that's a catch 22 with Axl...it could mean the end of their renewed friendship with the stress of creating something together. 

Eventually it will be the move but for now touring is still the word and if that ends and Axl still has no plans going forward then Slash with go back to working full time with Myles and occasionally doing a gig with Axl on the side. 

Again...new band this year but it will still come down to Axl and what Axl wants. I see nobody pressuring him anytime soon, if Axl wants an album they will go all in. 

Good news is Axl playing with a guy like Angus made him say "hey it would be great to do some music together..." I'm sure Slash has been equally inspiring 

RussTCB    8,706

Seeing as I officially owe @Towelie $50 (which I can pay via PayPal whenever you like), 2016 is the year my hope/expectation died with regard to new music. 

• Like 2

Towelie    1,464
14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Seeing as I officially owe @Towelie $50 (which I can pay via PayPal whenever you like), 2016 is the year my hope/expectation died with regard to new music. 

I feel your pain/disappointment... now where's my money??? ;)

Paypal dodwellmatt@hotmail.com

Arghhh!!! Why do I feel guilty taking your money?? Don't blame me, blame Axl.

• Like 1

ludurigan    1,187

course we will!

they are gonna add some brand new songs to the setlist, no doubt!

like think about you and bad obsession!

oh, there is also a very strong rumour that they will also add some more tracks from the axl rose solo album!

and the most "tasty" new stuff we willl hear in 2017 is a brand new instrumental jam!

slash and richard the guitar player are rehearsing it right now, trading licks as we speak!

RussTCB    8,706
4 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I feel your pain/disappointment... now where's my money??? ;)

Paypal dodwellmatt@hotmail.com

Arghhh!!! Why do I feel guilty taking your money?? Don't blame me, blame Axl.

I don't think you should feel guilty at all. I don't even blame, I blame myself. In any case, I will PayPal you your winnings at some point tomorrow. I'll shoot you a PM when it's done to make sure you got it.

Congratulations! :) 

Zurimor    264
8 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Seems the most logical. They've toured almost the entire globe by mid 2017, people have accepted this lineup and to keep momentum with future tours and not be considered a nostalgia act, new music would make them relevant and fresh for 2017.

In other words, no.

I like this post. :D

• Like 2

gunsguy    2,157
20 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

It's too soon to know at this point but Fernando said 2017 will be greater than 2016.

Bring it on!

He did just have another 3 hour meeting so ya never know

• Like 1