What Are You Listening To 2017

Rovim

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

@J Dog @Len Cnut Eminems new album leaked.

so far, it's as bad as the singles lead me to believe it would be. But if you want a link lemme know.

I've been purposely putting off listening to it. But I'll at least give it a listen, send that link please.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I've been reticent to comment because I've kinda seen it comin' with the boy, I'm not sure I wanna listen to a naff Eminem album :lol:

That's how I am. First time I ever felt that way about Em. It's kinda depressing in a way.

11 minutes ago, J Dog said:

I've been purposely putting off listening to it. But I'll at least give it a listen, send that link please.

That's how I am. First time I ever felt that way about Em. It's kinda depressing in a way.

Seems he has reached this stage in his career,

Sick Boy: It's certainly a phenomenon in all walks of life.
Mark: What do you mean?
Sick Boy: Well, at one time, you've got it, and then you lose it, and it's gone forever. All walks of life: George Best, for example. Had it, lost it. Or David Bowie, or Lou Reed.
Mark: Lou Reed, some of his solo stuff's not bad.
Sick Boy: No, it's not bad, but it's not great either. And in your heart you kind of know that although it sounds all right, it's actually just shite.
Mark: So who else?
Sick Boy: Charlie Nicholas, David Niven, Malcolm McLaren, Elvis Presley . . .
Mark: OK, OK, so what's the point you're trying to make?
Sick Boy: All I'm trying to do, Mark, is help you understand that The Name of The Rose is merely a blip on an otherwise uninterrupted downward trajectory.
Mark: What about The Untouchables?
Sick Boy: I don't rate that at all.
Mark: Despite the Academy Award?
Sick Boy: That means **** all. It's a sympathy vote.
Mark: Right. So we all get old and then we can't hack it anymore. Is that it?
Sick Boy: Yeah.
Mark: That's your theory?
Sick Boy: Yeah. Beautifully ****ing illustrated.

- Trainspotting

It happens to them all!

• Like 3

On 14/12/2017 at 2:05 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Seems he has reached this stage in his career,

- Trainspotting

It happens to them all!

I refute the notion that Malcolm McLaren ever lost it.  I mean it's dubious to begin with that he ever had 'it' to begin with and if he did he didn't lose it, he pretty much remained how he was all of his life, bless him, I miss that man :lol:  Better to be a flamboyant failure than any kind of benign success, what an epitaph!  Free Leonard Peltier, his last words.  A good ol' Jewish London spiv.  Love that man. 

Edited by Len Cnut

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I refute the notion that Malcolm McLaren ever lost it.  I mean it's dubious to begin with that he ever had 'it' to begin with and if he did he didn't lose it, he pretty much remained how he was all of his life, bless him, I miss that man :lol:  Better to be a flamboyant failure than any kind of benign success, what an epitaph!  Free Leonard Peltier, his last words.  A good ol' Jewish London spiv.  Love that man. 

It is generally a true statement irrespective. Botham ended his career chucking pies. Ali ended up losing to Holmes and Berbick. Michael Caine ended up filming Jaws 3. 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

It is generally a true statement irrespective. Botham ended his career chucking pies. Ali ended up losing to Holmes and Berbick. Michael Caine ended up filming Jaws 3. 

Oi oi oi oi!!!!  Michael Caine is alive and well and bangin’ out performances, see Harry Brown and Cider House Rules etc etc.  And i bet Beefy could get more pussy than the both of us on the carribean island of your choice :lol:

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Oi oi oi oi!!!!  Michael Caine is alive and well and bangin’ out performances, see Harry Brown and Cider House Rules etc etc.  And i bet Beefy could get more pussy than the both of us on the carribean island of your choice :lol:

Doesn't stop the fact that the guy ended up bowling long hops at Durham with a mullet (and I'm a Durham supporter but we were shocking in 1992-3). Caine made the Swarm. Lydon ended up on trashy celebrity reality television and butter commercials. Presley ended up fat singing Bridge over Troubled Water to housewives in Vegas. Who else? Tyson ended up first defeated, secondly in prison and then thirdly just doing fights for the money. Maradona ended up coked up out of his eyeballs and unceremoniously banned from a world cup. Gazza ended up playing for some division 2 Chinese side, pissed as a fart. 

Who else?

Sick Boy's speech is the truest speech ever.

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Doesn't stop the fact that the guy ended up bowling long hops at Durham with a mullet (and I'm a Durham supporter but we were shocking in 1992-3). Caine made the Swarm. Lydon ended up on trashy celebrity reality television and butter commercials. Presley ended up fat singing Bridge over Troubled Water to housewives in Vegas. Who else? Tyson ended up first defeated, secondly in prison and then thirdly just doing fights for the money. Maradona ended up coked up out of his eyeballs and unceremoniously banned from a world cup. Gazza ended up playing for some division 2 Chinese side, pissed as a fart. 

Who else?

Sick Boy's speech is the truest speech ever.

That werent the end of Caine though, they were merely a couple of shit films.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

That werent the end of Caine though, they were merely a couple of shit films.

He was lost in abyss during the 1980s: Escape to Victory, The Swarm, Jaws 4, The Magus. Only the excellent Educating Rita and to a lesser extent Hannah and Her Sisters and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels make the decade redeemable.

Strangely I've always rather liked Ashanti but that was another Micklewhite turkey.

51 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

He was lost in abyss during the 1980s: Escape to Victory, The Swarm, Jaws 4, The Magus. Only the excellent Educating Rita and to a lesser extent Hannah and Her Sisters and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels make the decade redeemable.

Strangely I've always rather liked Ashanti but that was another Micklewhite turkey.

The Magus weren't in the 80s, Magus was at his peak