What Are You Listening To 2017

Rovim

On 2/24/2018 at 2:08 PM, classicrawker said:

Great new rock band.....very retro 60/70's vibe for me....Two GvF shows at the Boston HOB sold out the same day they went on sale ....and a number of their show this tour sold out.......we may finally have a Rock band to revive the genre again...hope they don't flame out......

Just checked em out.

Hear a huge led zep influence.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoiler

More performances by other incredible artists:

http://www.cbc.ca/music/junos/watch/watch-arkells-perform-knocking-at-the-door-at-the-2018-junos-1.4586568

http://www.cbc.ca/music/junos/watch/watch-daniel-caesar-perform-with-a-12-person-choir-at-the-2018-juno-awards-1.4587283 

http://www.cbc.ca/music/junos/watch/watch-the-barenaked-ladies-reunion-that-closed-out-the-2018-junos-1.4580084

The Juno Awards (Canada's Grammys) were last night and I gotta say; it kicked ass!  The joke over the years is that the Junos "Celebrate the who's who of... who?"  But this year I knew almost everyone and loved the songs performed.  As a people(s) I think our Nations are really trying to make this a great place to live, and this years Junos really demonstrated that.  Like, I found the Junos moving, wtf?!? lol.

We entered a new era with Presley. The year before he arrived was still the age of your fathers and their fathers, the era of World War Two, of conformity, of easy-listening, of reserved sexual mores. Elvis changed everything. Suddenly the world begins to look remarkably less monochrome.  

Tristan from here, this duet commencing, makes me wet my pants it is that sublime,

Unsre Liebe?
Tristans Liebe?
Dein' und mein',
Isoldes Liebe?

The eponymous lovers rather merge, become one.  It is philosophical (Wagner was heavily into Schopenhauer). It is highly erotic. It is simply outstanding music. 

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Never heard of him man, thats weird as fuck :lol:  Orion?

Yeah :lol: Watch the doc I sent the link to in your PM. It'll all make sense why he was called Orion. I never heard about the guy until last summer at a friend's house who is a huge Elvis fan. The stuff I've heard from him would make you think that these were unreleased Elvis tracks