What Are You Listening To 2017

Rovim

12 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFULLLL, WOAHH TONIIIIIIIGHTTTT! :D  She got her start in the punk scene y'know, some useless trivia there for ya, like the very early days in NYC, CBGBs

I didn't know that!  Ahhhh oohhh Your Hair is Beautifullll.. I could listen to and sing that line over and over lol.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Whiskey Rose said:

I didn't know that!  Ahhhh oohhh Your Hair is Beautifullll.. I could listen to and sing that line over and over lol.

toniiiiiiiiiiight, make it magnificenttttttt :lol:  That hair is beautiful line is kinda like the orgasm part of that song eh? :lol:  I love Debbies deadpan sarcasm in her lyrics.  so underrated.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Oh, maybe that's why I like it :lol:  But then again, there aren't a whole lotta lyrics to the song either lol.

Blondie were a punk band when they started, that kinda leaned towards disco...point being sparsity of lyrics is kind of a punk thing.  But like Heart of Glass, once i had a love and it was a gas, soon turned out to be a pain in the ass...what a brilliantly unromantic lyric, how many relationships have we all had that were like that?  Its honest lyrics, i love it.  The best girls are the mental ones, Debs, Cyndi Lauper, Ari Up, Kate Bush, same with guys really...just do something, make me think, grab my attention.

Edited by Len Cnut

4 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Blondie were a punk band when they started, that kinda leaned towards disco...point being sparsity of lyrics is kind of a punk thing.  But like Heart of Glass, once i had a love and it was a gas, soon turned out to be a pain in the ass...what a brilliantly unromantic lyric, how many relationships have we all had that were like that?  Its honest lyrics, i love it.  The best girls are the mental ones, Debs, Cyndi Lauper, Ari Up, Kate Bush, same with guys really...just do something, make me think, grab my attention.

Here's some more honest lyrics, I think she just liked him cause of what those "magic hands" could do lol.  (love these gals btw)

• Like 2

This is my all time favourite girl group of all time and i beg of you, i implore you, i beseech you, ANYONE who reads this, just please listen to this album once through from one end to the other please please please and if it sucks then find me and shoot me.  I been prostelytising for this band since i first heard em like 20 years ago and if one person listens to em based on my crawling it will have been worth it :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

3 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Really? Here's another good one then.  And I promise to listen to The Slits..although I had a hard time even writing that word haha. 

What, Slits, why? :lol:  I need to give Heart a proper listen, can you reccomend an album?  And lemme know what you think about The Slits.  It's like a German girl by way of England with a dash of Jamaican...which is the most unique combination I ever heard of.  And the music is like....i dunno what you call it.

Edited by Len Cnut

5 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I need to give Heart a proper listen, can you reccomend an album?  And lemme know what you think about The Slits.

Yes..Dreamboat Annie is fantastic..also, a couple albums later their self-titled album Heart.. its my second favourite, and more pop-y, I guess to make the label happy, but it really is good. "What about Love" and "These Dreams" are on it, you may have heard those. Ann Wilson is a phenomenal vocalist.