[Poll] Which Of The Former Members Do You Miss The Most?

Vote For The Former Members You Miss The Most  

257 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Something big was definitely happening. Closing the tour with Prostitute, trademarking the new album Stay Of Execution then going in exile with Chris Pitman for finishing touches. NuGnR was sure imploding at that time but one day Axl changed his mind on the whole picture. I wonder if it was before or after Paul Tollet called.

Interesting take man, I remember all of that well. It makes sense when you put them all together, but I never knew if 'Stay of Execution' was going to be an album title or what his intent was in trademarking it, and then the photo in the studio. I suppose at that time I had just been disappointed so many times that I stopped looking for activity. Axl has taken a lot of criticism since Rock in Rio 2011, and some of it is merited, as to me, that concert looked like he hadn't put in the effort in the 10 months that followed the end of the 09/10 tour to maintain the level that he was hitting at that time. Bridge School and Golden Gods, to me more than anything, those were hard ones to watch. They say strep throat was the cause of the Bridge School shenanigans, but listening to him struggle with Welcome to the Jungle, a song he always nails, was brutal.

I was beginning to lose faith

And then this leaks:

I just hope that we get something at the end of this.

Axl for me sounded outstanding on Chinese Democracy and the fact that he has finished recordings of songs from that era can only be good. However if they want to record anything new, I'm all for that aswell, but I'd love to here what he came up with throughout those CD years. Hopefully an interesting few years ahead.

• Like 1

From the old band Izzy. Live he's not as good as Fortus IMO, but when it comes to songwriting he's definitely an underrated writer.

From the new band either Buckethead or Brain.

Buckethead and Slash would be awesome to see, but I don't think it would work too well. Buckethead is too good to not be the main lead and Slash is too good to not be main lead. It wouldn't work without someone being hindered.

Brain would be awesome. I like his drumming and it would be cool to see how he sounded with the current lineup. He's one of my favorite drummers.

If axl ever decided he needed another guitarist alongside Slash though, I think Robin would be the best choice. Or bring back Izzy and have Fortus be the 3rd guitarist.

Edited by liers

On 1/7/2017 at 1:22 AM, Silent Jay said:

Something big was definitely happening. Closing the tour with Prostitute, trademarking the new album Stay Of Execution then going in exile with Chris Pitman for finishing touches. NuGnR was sure imploding at that time but one day Axl changed his mind on the whole picture. I wonder if it was before or after Paul Tollet called.

I honestly think Stay of Execution was meant to be a band name. Maybe Axl planned on doing a complete GnR reunion under the GnR name and continuing with NuGnR under a different name, Stay of Execution, before Tommy, Dj, and Bumble left.

10 hours ago, liers said:

I honestly think Stay of Execution was meant to be a band name. Maybe Axl planned on doing a complete GnR reunion under the GnR name and continuing with NuGnR under a different name, Stay of Execution, before Tommy, Dj, and Bumble left.

What?  lol

On 2017-01-04 at 11:58 PM, Tom2112 said:

Maybe he was integral to songs, or maybe he was just the guitar player that was around and Axl said "play something like this... something a bit more aggressive" etc. Maybe he is completely underrated, regardless the guy is never gonna be getting a fair shake in a GnR forum or anywhere else for that matter, why? the VH1 documentary signed his death sentence "Axl wanted his friend... I quit GnR, he (paul) is shit" - Slash. 

I like back off bitchm Chinese Democracy, Love Street of dreams but I don't have time for anything else you mentioned... especially not that shite cover of SFTD.

Most people knew Slash hated Paul from the beginning

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

Wish Dj was still around. I know that there are at least half a dozen of his songs(co-wrote with 4tus) with vocals. His signature style has a lot of potential.

No, not really. This “signature style“ is good for SIXX:AM but not for GN'R

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

I do miss Bumblefoot on the CD-era songs.

I miss him on songs like Don't Cry.

On 15.1.2017 at 5:39 PM, liers said:

There are plenty of scenarios:

1. It was supposed to be a GN'R album

2. A new side project from Axl

3. The name of a planned GN'R tour

etc.