[Poll] Which Other Song from 'Chinese Democracy' Would You Like To Hear With Slash?

Pick One Song Slash and Duff Could Play On Live  

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vote for the Best, The One Better than the Rest.

My pick: I.R.S.

As voted by 203 Members of MyGnR

1. Street Of Dreams 32.25%
  2. Madagascar 20%
  3. I.R.S. 16%
  4. Oh My God 9%
  5. Shackler's Revenge 8%
  6. Prostitute 7.5%
  7. If The World 4.25%
  8. Scraped 2% 
  9. Riad N' The Bedouins 1%

Edited by Silent Jay

2 minutes ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

I'm going to re-word the question....

"Which of these shitty songs has the potential to be gutted & rebuilt in the likeness of a real GnR song with Slash".

The 'Slash makes the shitty Chinese songs so much better' is a myth. There's a few changes with Better (intro-bridge) and I don't think I like it more that it originally was, nor that it sounds more GnR to a certain degree.

But overall Chinese Democracy, This I Love, Sorry, Catcher In The Rye or There Was A Time remain quite the same. Some I like a bit more, some not. Of course, the show is louder and visually very appealing.

1 minute ago, Silent Jay said:

The 'Slash makes the shitty Chinese songs so much better' is a myth. There's a few changes with Better (intro-bridge) and I don't think I like it more that it originally was, nor that it sounds more GnR to a certain degree.

But overall Chinese Democracy, This I Love, Sorry, Catcher In The Rye or There Was A Time remain quite the same. Some I like a bit more, some not. Of course, the show is louder and visually very appealing.

I don't have an opinion on the matter as I don't listen to them with, our without Slash playing.

I do believe had the music been created by even the current line up it would have been a better end product. I find CD unlistenable & I have tried several times.

All I'm saying is I think SOD is the bones of a good Guns song, though it needs work.

• Like 1

Voted for Shackler's Revenge cause that would be interesting. :D But Prostitute would be cool as well and pretty much any song really. But I've already heard Street Of Dreams, I.R.S and Madagascar live, so those are currently my least favorites, cause when they come to Europe I hope that they play some of the songs, that I haven't head live yet.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

I don't have an opinion on the matter as I don't listen to them with, our without Slash playing.

I do believe had the music been created by even the current line up it would have been a better end product. I find CD unlistenable & I have tried several times.

All I'm saying is I think SOD is the bones of a good Guns song, though it needs work.

All right.

Axl wanted a wall of guitars on Chinese which is very different to what we used to hear, so yes it's kinda hard to know who's playing what as opposed to let's say Slash very loud in the middle and right and Richard on the left. But I like it too, I think the isolated tracks helped me to appreciate it more.

I'm fine with SOD, I liked the fast tempo version better though. Should have been more of a rocker than a power ballad though.

• Like 1