Who owns the vault

The music / lyrics in the mythical vault are they owned by the record company? Axl Rose? Guns n Roses?

personally don't think we will get another G n R album, they have made friends again, seemingly having fun, earning lots. Why risk it, just keep everything and everyone cool.

Is it possible for Axl to release an album from the vault as a solo artist? I hope he doesn't just bin it good or bad but why not use the opportunity to release it and then try and make an album the way he said, lyrics n melody etc.

why not strip everyone's contributions to "CD2" and ask slash n duff to do their thing rather than add/copy n paste?

Just can't see anything coming out whilst the vault exists just complicates matters unless Axl owns it releases it himself.

Does Axl think the vault music is G n R?

And not what he would release solo?

sorry y'all long time reader, long time fan, finally got time to post.

So many questions my guess is Axl owns the vault. Songs made after the band dissolved by him are his. Songs before are tied into the partnership.

As far as why not strip others contributions, that would be disrespectful and wrong possibly.

I mean why should he disrespect these guys who worked so long on songs? Many left the band under good terms. You have to understand many of these guys stuck by his side for years. If there's one thing I know about Axl it's his sense of loyalty. He's just not going to randomly backstab people for no reason but some fans want him to.

Again I still feel he has music that can be worked on with Slash and Duff included as he himself has said he's shown them some music they like and may record on.

I think he will release a bit of it all with various contributions including Slash and Duff. It may be done separately or together time will tell.

• Like 1

God I wish they'd release all the UYI tour footage, The Perfect Crime Documentary that's in the vault. I'd rather have that than a reunion. GN'R in their prime - nothing better!

I think Axl owns it but can't release without sign offs from the rest of the band. Problem is it doesn't look like they want to or will ever release it at this point.

• Like 4

I want:

Inglewood 1991 on Blu Ray

Tokyo 1992 Remaster on Blu Ray

Argentina 1993 Last Show on Blu Ray

Troubadour 2016 on Blu Ray

Not In This Lifetime ... Collection of the best performance of each song in a typical setlist on Blu Ray

And i can die happy

• Like 3

On 1/9/2017 at 6:39 PM, L8AXL said:

Thanks Bossy, I hadn't thought of it as being disrespectful but yeah can see that being (another) issue.

That's OK. I know we all want to hear new music and many are excited to hear it with Classic GnR members too.

6 hours ago, sanity_lost said:

You know, I always figured we wouldn't get a glimpse into the vault until whoever landed Axl's estate got hard up for cash. This thread made me realize there is a chance even that might not happen because others who may own a piece of it might not want it released either.

It was said after George Michael's death that he has three unreleased albums in his vault and none of them are likely to be released, including Listen Without Prejudice Vol 2.

• 1 year later...
On 09/01/2017 at 9:34 PM, BOSSY78 said:

So many questions my guess is Axl owns the vault. Songs made after the band dissolved by him are his. Songs before are tied into the partnership.

As far as why not strip others contributions, that would be disrespectful and wrong possibly.

I mean why should he disrespect these guys who worked so long on songs? Many left the band under good terms. You have to understand many of these guys stuck by his side for years. If there's one thing I know about Axl it's his sense of loyalty. He's just not going to randomly backstab people for no reason but some fans want him to.

Again I still feel he has music that can be worked on with Slash and Duff included as he himself has said he's shown them some music they like and may record on.

I think he will release a bit of it all with various contributions including Slash and Duff. It may be done separately or together time will tell.

I agree, but at the same time, would it be so difficult for Axl to work on this to start launching UYI, I mean, throw ALL CONCERTS on the ride?

Does Axl have no interest in this kind of stuff at least, do you think of the fans who have supported you for all these years?