[Poll] Which Other Songs from 'Use Your Illusion' Would You Like To Hear This Year?

Pick Songs From "Illusion" You Wish To Hear in 2017  

240 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 15 January 2017 at 8:21 PM, RussTCB said:

Of the many things I'll never understand about GN'R, one of them is why they haven't used the internet to their advantage in this way. One of the easiest things they could do to justify for the ridiculously bad price to value ratio of Nightrain is include something like this for every tour. Do a poll for the paid members and include the song they pick.

Rolling Stones did this before a show, if I remember correctly vote on two songs and they rotated the choices through out the tour.

The reason I don't see it happening, is  simple it would take a certain amount of rehearsal to have enough songs under the belt to keep it running, Axl is unlikely (I assume) to put in the time to do this. The other thing I believe is happening, Axl seems to have a comfort zone, which I think is dictated by his singing abilities, I think he knows which songs he can get away with, how they fit together and in what order so he can get through the night. I believe this is why we get little rotation, to put in a random song each show, would throw out how Axl paces himself.

Not trying to throw Axl under a bus here, but I think he knows his limits and won't stretch far beyond what he feels is comfortable.

How did I not comment earlier?

I'd pick Locomotive with a cool extended jam outro. That would be KILLER. Maybe next tour that could replace Coma as the long, epic deep cut for the tour lol. Pretty Tied Up would come in at a VERY close second, and then I'd like maybe Breakdown or The Garden as my third choice.

I'd be fine with pretty much any other UYI songs (except please no Shotgun Blues or My World). Don't Damn Me, Right Next Door To Hell, Garden of Eden Dead Horse, etc would all be great too

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

How did I not comment earlier?

I'd pick Locomotive with a cool extended jam outro. That would be KILLER. Maybe next tour that could replace Coma as the long, epic deep cut for the tour lol. Pretty Tied Up would come in at a VERY close second, and then I'd like maybe Breakdown or The Garden as my third choice.

I'd be fine with pretty much any other UYI songs (except please no Shotgun Blues or My World). Don't Damn Me, Right Next Door To Hell, Garden of Eden Dead Horse, etc would all be great too

Locomotive would be awesome with an extended outro. I can hear it in my head with Axl and Melissa both doing vocals for most of the song, I think that'd sound cool (and hopefully keep Axl from going to his Mickey voice).

From UYI I, I voted for Dead Horse but I'd be happy with anything from that record except maybe Back Off Bitch.