"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Gerald's Game (2017) [Netflix Original] - 4.5/5

Adaptation of Stephen King's novel of the same name. I thought it was great and very well done.

My only mild complaint is part of the ending,

I think it would have suited with the viewer better if she hadn't gone to "confront" the Moonlight Man. It should have ended right before that, leaving the viewer to continue to think to themselves "Holy shit, he was real the whole time...". You still get that concept, but something about when she goes and confronts him takes away from the eeriness a bit.

But overall, great movie.

On 9/30/2017 at 2:42 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

If you read the book Queen of the Damned, it's way better.

The movie changed so much about Lestat which pissed me off. The book is so much better and Louie and the other vampires have bigger roles.

I've read Interview. Is Queen the next one?

Little Evil.  It didn't do much for me and took a few sittings to get through it, but Id like to hear what others thought.  There were some laughs but much of the humour was in the premise rather then actually producing laughs, imo.  Adam Scott was the most understated Ive ever seen him which leant to the faux southern gothic vibe, I guess.

Gvozdi.jpg

Nails (2003)

Splatter/Gore genre

Russia

This movie is pretty messed up. Its about this government contract killer who gets a bit sick of being an assassin and decides to have a breakdown instead. Getting sick of hearing incessant voices he reckons its about time for some home surgery, opting for some trepanation.
What happens next is all pretty crazy, in a low budget kinda way.
Imagine watching a film made by the bastard child of Lynch and Cronenberg while he was studying contemporary art at some overpriced film school.

Edited by Jabberwocky

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 4:38 PM, penelope said:

47 meters. Two girls and many sharks, it was a good movie a little light it needed more blood.

I have this dvd. Have to watch it. I love any movie with sharks in it.

I watched "Cult of Chucky". I liked it a lot.

Gory cool killings. Chucky is back with a vengeance. lol Andy needs to get a life. lol

All in all it was cool. Way better than Son of chucky was.

19 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The Duel - Woody Harrelson

Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning

There is a new TCM coming out showing how Leatherface began as a child. Oh boy! He grew up in  a crazy family. What a shock!

Stephen Doriff is in it. The preview reminded me of Rob Zombie's Halloween, showing how Michael Meyers got his killing start too.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 9:55 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Tell me...how does a movie get a 2.6 over a 2.5?  I truly want to know lol. :lol:

Loved Lake Placid. Hated when the bear got killed by the croc. and Hated when they killed the croc. Betty was a hoot.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 4:07 PM, J Dog said:

John Wick 2. Thumbs up 

Alien Covenant. Thumbs down

John Wick 2 was awesome. Please make another one!

I thought Alien Covenant wasn't bad. You could see how it would lead into Alien. Those stupid humans and robots still think they can control those aliens. I thought the evolution of the alien was pretty cool.

12 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I quite enjoyed it actually, was really good, dont have any criticisms to speak of.  Quite impressive littl film.

Yeah I enjoyed it too. Never really heard about it and watched it just because of Woody, I'm a big fan of his, was pleasantly surprised. Thumbs up.

1 minute ago, J Dog said:

Anything but!

The Predator. Thumbs up. Classic. Four stars. One of the greatest movies ever made.

Yes, a very manly movie. 

Of course, there was that very touching moment when the predator acknowledges with respect how formidable his prey actually was..could make one choke up a bit :lol:

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Gory cool killings. Chucky is back with a vengeance. lol Andy needs to get a life. lol

There is a new TCM coming out showing how Leatherface began as a child. Oh boy! He grew up in  a crazy family. What a shock!

Stephen Doriff is in it. The preview reminded me of Rob Zombie's Halloween, showing how Michael Meyers got his killing start too.

Yeah, i watched it today actually, it was alright.  Weren't no great shakes but it was cool.  Whats weird is the shits kinda going off in all different directions.  I mean there's not one set story with this shit, i mean you had the remake...then you had the prequel telling you like...'the beginning'...and then you had 3D which if I'm not mistaken carries on from where the original 74 movie left off and ignores all the other sequels...and then you have this new one Leatherface that you're talking about now but its covering the same shit as the prequel the beginning is covering and telling a whole different contradicting story.  And a less good one too in my opinion.  Kinda explaining and humanising him too much, with giving away any specifics.  I dunno, weird shit.

11 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

You are totally gonna love 47 meters then, it has some really good parts where you can't stop watching screen.

The cult of Chucky,is the new one with Andy all grown up?

I love chucky movies, especially the old ones with little Andy running from crazy chucky. The son of Chucky was a cute movie though:P

10 hours ago, penelope said:

You are totally gonna love 47 meters then, it has some really good parts where you can't stop watching screen.

The cult of Chucky,is the new one with Andy all grown up?

I love chucky movies, especially the old ones with little Andy running from crazy chucky. The son of Chucky was a cute movie though:P

Yeah, Andy is all grown up and a little weird too. lol I liked it.

didn't watch 47 meters yet, but I will. Love any shark movies and one of the actress Claire Holt is on The Originals.

Last night I watched:

Beneath

The House the Witch built  predicable

42 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, Andy is all grown up and a little weird too. lol I liked it.

didn't watch 47 meters yet, but I will. Love any shark movies and one of the actress Claire Holt is on The Originals.

Last night I watched:

Beneath

The House the Witch built  predicable

I was expecting Mandy Moore to die (in 45 meters):P not spoiling anything, but you should watch it, the beginning of the movie is a little lame but the rest is fine.

I haven't watch The Originals.

Why is Andy weird? Did he get messed up because of the good guy?

Ok. Last night I went to the movies and watched Dark Tower, worse movie ever.

Kong: Skull Island

This movie is so visually stunning, I wish I had seen it in a theatre. Just gorgeous.

Movie itself was pretty good, although I liked the Jack Black one better, simply because it has the softer interaction between Kong and Ann Darrow, and this one really does not have that storyline at all.