"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

6 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

That is a good version. Did you enjoy Ken Dodd's cameo?

Fuckin Ken Dodds in it, Robin Williams is in it, that little midgetey American from the Adam Sandlers films was in it.  Even the black lad from Rising Damp.  Was a cracking production though.

6 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Fuckin Ken Dodds in it, Robin Williams is in it, that little midgetey American from the Adam Sandlers films was in it.  Even the black lad from Rising Damp.  Was a cracking production though.

Branagh's Henry V is great also, although I'd still start with Oliver's. 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Never heard of it but the title makes me wanna watch it! 

Same director of In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths. I've never seen the former, but Seven Psychopaths is fun, albeit unfocused. This movie was a big step up from that though. Drama, dark humor, and an actual sense of direction; Recommended!

For a Few Dollars More & A Fistful of Dollars

I watched the trilogy backwards :lol: All classics. Good, bad, ugly gets the most attention, which it deserves, but A Few Dollars More might be my personal favorite.

And really, really good directing. Anybody who likes the filming aspect of a movie should watch these.

3 hours ago, J Dog said:

For a Few Dollars More & A Fistful of Dollars

I watched the trilogy backwards :lol: All classics. Good, bad, ugly gets the most attention, which it deserves, but A Few Dollars More might be my personal favorite.

And really, really good directing. Anybody who likes the filming aspect of a movie should watch these.

For A Few Dollars More is probably my fav too though i cant watch those films anymore, saw em SOOOOOOO many times as a kid its like staring at the back of my hand for two and a half (and more) hours.

3 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

For A Few Dollars More is probably my fav too though i cant watch those films anymore, saw em SOOOOOOO many times as a kid its like staring at the back of my hand for two and a half (and more) hours.

I'm kind of the same. Luckily it's been a good long time since I've watched them.

Glad to see another Few Dollars More fan. Eastwood and Van Cleef are great in it. Good bad guy too.

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 4:20 AM, Len Cnut said:

Death Wish 5: The Face of Death, Charles Bronson, Mr Vigilante, 71 years old doin' an action hero role :lol:

All the Death Wish movies were awesome! Love Charles Bronson. RIP

I watched:

Annabelle Creation

If anyone watches this movie, there is one scene right after all the credits which ties into the Conjuring movies too. After watching this movie, the original Annabelle made much more sense. Starts off slowly, but once it picks up, pretty creepy with some scares, which you just know when they are coming up. lol

I also watched a movie which I forgot the name about a youtube guy who becomes very popular he gets a crazy stalker bitch.  It was on cable.

The Bishop's Wife  One of my all time favorite Christmas movies. Makes you feel good. :)

Some kung Fu movies on elrey.

Dunkirk

Movie - 7/10

(Home) Theater Experience - 10/10

Brilliantly shot and the audio was intense; I wish I had gotten to see it in IMAX.

That said, I found the story, or at least how it was told through the movie, to be a little lacking. It was a bit slow, but I wouldn’t call it boring per se. But overall I just felt it was fine.

• Like 2

Dunkirk

Where were the Americans? It is a World War 2 film; I miss their chewing gum demeanour. Yes, I know that there is the rather small caveat that they didn't enter until Pearl Harbour but surely you could have had Affleck do a few rounds in a Spit and impress us all with his casual ways and laissez-faire manners. I do not believe I have seen a modern big studio WW2 film yet without a discussion about ''DiMaggio winning the world series''. I feel robbed!

The Nightmare Before Christmas

On ‎12‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:51 AM, Oldest Goat said:

The Revenant

3.9/5

I thought this movie was awesome. Leo so deserved the Oscar. Loved Tom Hardy as the bad guy. The bear scene gave me chills. Great movie.

I watched:

The Zoo Keeper's Wife  God just when you thought there wasn't any more horrors the Nazi's did, this movie showed it. God, I cried so much during this movie. It amazed me how so many people helped out the Jews and others whom the Nazi's wanted to kill.  I only wish the US had gotten into the war with Germany sooner, many more lives could have been saved, but the US was fighting with Japan. Unreal what man does to man and lives with it. Hitler must have gotten every horrible person to join his army. People who couldn't care less about any human being nor animals. It makes me sick that this occurred and still happens in many countries around the world today.

Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle

Kevin Hart was so funny. I loved the characters. It was a good movie. Loved hearing WTTJ at the end of the movie.

21 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah it's fucking boring. The new all-female one looks awful as well.

The Man Who Knew Too Little

5/5

The original Ocean's eleven with the rat pack was way better.

• Like 1