"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:08 PM, Oldest Goat said:

John Carpenter one.

Didn't know there was an alternate ending?

Love the John Carpenter version. it was so gross. I love Kurt Russell too.

Yeah, I got the blue ray of Get Out and there's an alternate ending, which I didn't like. I thought the original one rocked!

I watched IT blue ray.

I loved the original version which was made for tv, but I thought this version was amazing. It was creepy, sad, scary and loved the difference from one movie to the next. The kids were likable and the clown with those teeth. The scene with little Georgie just made me feel so sad and terror at the same time. Having the clown be a younger version was a cool idea. Of course, the clown's big mistake was scarring all the "Loser" group. They were and always would be stronger together.

Having shown what the line "We all float down here" gave new meaning to that line now. That part made me sad because of all the missing kids. Also the scene with the sheep. OMG! I think it might make me a vegan now. Poor thing.

Anyway, I fast forwarded it to the end after all the credits and there was a little something there. Since the blue ray said "IT chapter 1" I know there will be a chapter 2 coming, hopefully soon.

Can't wait to see what actors will play the adult versions of these amazing kid actors.

The bully kid was just so easy to hate. What a little bastard he was.

Very good scary movie and did justice to the original movie and SK's book.

Then I watched "Deadly Delusions" another loser Lifetime movie. Why do I watch this shit?

19 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2. Thought it was just as good as the first one. Laughed my head off at the 'death button' part :lol:

Loved this movie. Loved that Rocket and baby Groot had bigger parts. I can' watch those two all day long.

Can't wait for the new Avenger movie because the Guardians are in it too!

• Like 1

"IT" (2017)...meh, it really wasn't bad or terrible, I just didn't enjoy as I do most horror films where inexplicably the characters are dumb as fuck and do things no one would do.  "Hey let's stick together, then we'll be OK".....as one dude immediately wanders off, then another and another.   I dunno, I read the book some time ago and remember it being entertaining, the movie....not so much.  Second admission, I also hate kid actors and this having the same kid as Stranger Things also immediately turned me off as that show is completely over-hyped.  I digress.  6.9/10

Phantom Thread....now this was FUCKING AWESOME.  Daniel Day Lewis is insanely good.  9.1/10

Molly's Game....pretty good, no major complaints.....really enjoyed Jessica Chastain in this film (and her acting was pretty good too bada-bing!).  8.5/10

MudBound...I think this had a solid foundation and had good intentions, just not sure I like how it all played out.  I dunno, just wasn't a great story in the end.  The acting was very solid all around though, so I'll give it a 7.5/10

I think that's it for Holiday viewing.  

Minority Report (2002) 3.5/5

I hadn't seen this since it first came out, and had basically forgotten it all except for Schubert's 'unfinished' being present in the score. It is a slick and moderately engaging sci-fi adaptation, a tad CGI for my tastes, and I could possibly envision a much darker (and better) film emerging here (the happy ending is rather forced). I also predicted the ending very early, 

Spoiler

atypical corporate founder played by Max Von Sydow, is he the evil mastermind one wonders?. 

Metropolis (1927)

Fritz Lang's monumental film which has basically influenced every sci-fi from Blade Runner to Terminator. Any film which puts on screen a dystopia and/or androids/replicants/cyborgs is basically ripping off this. It is impossible to envision a more revolutionary film - the FX are truly ground breaking. Saying that it does have some slight flaws. There is some hamfisted overacting for instance and a certain clunkiness of construction.  4/5.

Edited by DieselDaisy

M (1931)

A thorough masterpiece. Fritz Lang's first talkie, famous for Peter Lorre's sublime performance. 5/5

Faust (1926)

Murnau's last German film. Weimer Expressionism at its best. 4/5

All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)

Masterpiece. 5/5

Die Nibelungen: Siegfried (1924)

Part one of Fritz Lang's Die Nibelungen. 4/5

Die Nibelungen: Kriemhild's Revenge (1924)

Sequel to aforementioned. An absolute masterpiece - I prefer it to Metropolis. I have a theory that the ending inspired Kurosawa's Ran. 5/5

Scarface: The Shame of the Nation (1932)

Al Capone inspired film starring Paul Muni. Inspired and has in situ many of the ''gangster tropes'' seen in Scorsese and Coppola etc later. 4/5

Edited by DieselDaisy

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 11:11 PM, marlingrl03 said:

I watched Deadly Delusions too! Yes, bad movies but oh so good! :lol:

Watched "Deadly Inn" last night. another lifetime movie. I wish I could write a movie for LT. I know how the movie is going to go as soon as it starts. lol

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 11:18 AM, ZoSoRose said:

Watching Logan for the first time since theaters. Damn, it really is good

Yeah, Logan was a very good movie. Hated seeing him die, but his death helped others out.

Seeing young Logan fight old Logan was awesome. I wonder if eventually they will continue the kids's story and show what happens to them?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

5/5

Creature from the Black Lagoon (1954)

4.7/5

I met Julie Adams and the actor who played the "Creature" at a Texas Frightmare convention several years ago. She was still a pretty woman. It was cool to hear how they made the film.

I watched:

Snatched with Amy Schumar and Goldie Hawn. What a horrible movie this was! I like Goldie Hawn and I don't know why she wanted to be in this terrible movie.

Psycho-in-law another liftetime movie

9 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

The Post 3.5/5

Not particularly enjoyable, but respectable for what it is, The Post joins the ranks of certain “Oscar Bait” with fine performances, but an ultimately forgettable script that lacks re-watch value.

How pretentious on scale of 1-10 is it? :lol: 

Phantom Thread: Paul Thomas Anderson's masterpiece, his "Barry Lyndon". Sumptuous, meticulously crafted world, a film of obsession and obsessives, captivating performances from Daniel Day-Lewis, Vicky Krieps, and Lesley Manville, along with Jonny Greenwood's best score yet.

• Like 1

Phantom Thread - glorious. Puts most of the other best picture nominees to shame.

All the Money in the World - damn fine. Better than at least half of the actual Best Picture nominees.

Mom & Dad - utterly delightful, see below

• Like 1

Retard-O-Tron

retard_o_tron_1-353x500.png?resize=271,3

This is a mixtape of some of the funniest and most disgusting shit compiled together. It's much different than MDPOPE (Most Disturbing Person On Planet Earth) mixtape in that there was time taken to interweave these clips together in mash-up form and video manipulation. That and there are no death clips used with Retard-O-Tron like MDPOPE does

The Fate of the Furious

I think Jason Statham stole this movie. He was so funny and what moves he has. I loved the banter between his character and the Rock's. I think when they and the drivers were on screen it was the best parts of the movie.

Paul Walker was missed.  And the little baby that was in this movie was so damn cute.