"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

54 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

which one? :)

They all rather exist in the same world as they are exactly the same essentially - I'm discussing the cheesy ones and not the earlier grittier affairs such as ''Jailhouse Rock'', or those rare thespian outings for Presley such as 'Wild in the Country'' and ''Flaming Star''. No, the films I refer to are the camp ones, ''Kissin' Cousins'' (Elvis with a dead animal on his head), ''Harum Scarum'' (Elvis in a turban), and ''Speedway''.

The world offered is a world of dancing numbers, impossibly attractive people flirting with one-and-another - usually sun and sea and beaches and various exotic localities - and yet more dancing numbers. This is the world I want to live in,

''Elvis Movie World'' I call it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

They all rather exist in the same world as they are exactly the same essentially - I'm discussing the cheesy ones and not the earlier grittier affairs such as ''Jailhouse Rock'', or those rare thespian outings for Presley such as 'Wild in the Country'' and ''Flaming Star''. No, the films I refer to are the camp ones, ''Kissin' Cousins'' (Elvis with a dead animal on his head), ''Harum Scarum'' (Elvis in a turban), and ''Speedway''.

The world offered is a world of dancing numbers, impossibly attractive people flirting with one-and-another - usually sun and sea and beaches and various exotic localities - and yet more dancing numbers. This is the world I want to live in,

''Elvis Movie World'' I call it.

and would you be Elvis in this Elvis Movie Land?? ;)

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:09 AM, Black Sabbath said:

Split - 4.25/5

Best movies M has done in the last 10 years. Certainly different, interesting, and engaging, all the while keeping you on the suspense edge of your seat. Recommend.

Read spoilers. I just had to know the ending. Well, nothing like I was thinking lol

I still would like to see it. probably either buy the movie or wait until it's on cable.

It was number 1 movie, so I'm glad for M.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Apart from that digital robot with multiple light sabers and some excruciatingly painful love dialogue? Oh dear!

Certainly the love dialogue still sucks (apart from the pregnancy reveal which I think is actually decently acted) and the CGI is still nonsense, but otherwise this one is a worthwhile entry that actually feels relevant to the story.

The important thing is the prequels are now out of the way on my Blu-ray marathon. ;)

On 1/23/2017 at 1:15 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Read spoilers. I just had to know the ending. Well, nothing like I was thinking lol

I still would like to see it. probably either buy the movie or wait until it's on cable.

It was number 1 movie, so I'm glad for M.

heh. i usually read the spoilers too. like i read how The Hunger Games series was gonna end ( they were taking too much time! :lol: )

Manchester By The Sea - 4/5

Very good movie. Might not be for everyone, and I did find the pacing to get a little jumpy at times, but Casey Affleck gives a great performance and definitely deserves the Oscar nomination for Best Actor.

Fences - 4.5/5

Fantastic movie. Definitely one of the best I've seen all year. Felt like it flew by, and that's a good thing. Denzel is great at making you not be able to stand him in this movie, and at times you want to like him, but it's near impossible. Absolutely recommended, to anyone.

• Like 1