"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:56 PM, wasted said:

I just need a hook into something. Like a goat. But once I get it I can watch all a director’s movies. Like Mother! Is Aronovsky so I’ve seen his movies. Not sure who directed Sinister but that was solid. 

Sinister both 1 and 2 were awesome.

WE actually met the actor who played Mr. Boogie. He is a stunt man and was pretty cute. Anyway, he was very nice and had the Sinister mask with him.

I still say Mother sucks. God, Jennifer Lawrence must have really loved that director to be in such a shit movie. And Javier must need the money. lol

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Sinister both 1 and 2 were awesome.

WE actually met the actor who played Mr. Boogie. He is a stunt man and was pretty cute. Anyway, he was very nice and had the Sinister mask with him.

I still say Mother sucks. God, Jennifer Lawrence must have really loved that director to be in such a shit movie. And Javier must need the money. lol

Aronovsky did Black Swam and Requiem for a Dream? So it probably is a good move for her. I haven’t seen it. 

5 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Man-made Monster with Lon Chaney Jr.

It was on last night on the Svengoolie show.

I liked Season of the Witch with Nick Cage. It was a pretty good movie.

Any movie where Nic speaking in pagan is good for me. Put the chainmail back in the box. 

18 hours ago, wasted said:

Aronovsky did Black Swam and Requiem for a Dream? So it probably is a good move for her. I haven’t seen it. 

I did see Black Swan and that movie had so many twists I was lucky to keep up. What you thought was real was in her head. Weird.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of Nick Cage movies. I like most of them. I like his acting. He seems to give it his all no matter how crazy the storyline may be.

"I'm on fire". Great! lol

Shocker with Peter Berg It's a movie from the 80's. OMG, this movie was so terrible. lol Wes Craven created the main serial killer to be as good as Freddie, but that never happened.

No way was this killer even close to Freddie and watching it again made me realize how lame the whole movie was. Had some cool 80's songs, but as for the movie, so bad.

Glad Wes came back with Scream. Those movies were awesome.

16 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I did see Black Swan and that movie had so many twists I was lucky to keep up. What you thought was real was in her head. Weird.

Yeah, I've seen a lot of Nick Cage movies. I like most of them. I like his acting. He seems to give it his all no matter how crazy the storyline may be.

"I'm on fire". Great! lol

Ghost Rider was good. Knowing was interesting. He has a full roster of movies. I didn’t know he is Francis Ford Coppola’s nephew? 

4 minutes ago, wasted said:

Ghost Rider was good. Knowing was interesting. He has a full roster of movies. I didn’t know he is Francis Ford Coppola’s nephew? 

He when Nick Cage started acting, he used the name Coppola. I think he might have been in "Fasttime at Ridgemont High" if not I know there were some 80's movies where he used his real name.

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

He when Nick Cage started acting, he used the name Coppola. I think he might have been in "Fasttime at Ridgemont High" if not I know there were some 80's movies where he used his real name.

I think he was and maybe The Outsiders. I remember from Con Air and Wild at Heart. 

1957 "From Hell it came"

such a campy movie, but cool to see. One of my mom's all time favorites when she was a kid. She would watch this show called "Chiller" every Saturday night and this was one of the movies that she saw with family. Brings back awesome memories for her.

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 2:48 PM, wasted said:

I think he was and maybe The Outsiders. I remember from Con Air and Wild at Heart. 

Con Air was awesome. Made Cage a big action star.

Wild at heart was just plain crazy.

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

1957 "From Hell it came"

such a campy movie, but cool to see. One of my mom's all time favorites when she was a kid. She would watch this show called "Chiller" every Saturday night and this was one of the movies that she saw with family. Brings back awesome memories for her.

Con Air was awesome. Made Cage a big action star.

Wild at heart was just plain crazy.

He’s been in so many movies. He went broke or something. If it’s a genre movie I go Cage. Like that movie Justice is just a thriller but makes have surreal cage vibe. There’s that movie Next which is always on star movies and flights. 

Edited by wasted

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Marnie (1964 i think)

I love this movie. Unfortunately when Tippy Hendrin spoke about how crazy and what an abuser Alfred Hitchcock was to her during this movie, it sours it for me.

I did like the storyline a lot.

I often wonder why Sean Connery didn't speak up. He was James Bond back then and I'm sure could have told Alfred to stop being a dick.

Love The Birds too and loved Rod Taylor but was disappointed that he never spoke up for Tippy back then and this was her first movie.

Such a shame. Alfred is lucky he's dead because you know he would have been brought up on charges now.

Amazing director but a dick in real life. Such a shame

On 25/06/2018 at 2:24 AM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I love this movie. Unfortunately when Tippy Hendrin spoke about how crazy and what an abuser Alfred Hitchcock was to her during this movie, it sours it for me.

I did like the storyline a lot.

I often wonder why Sean Connery didn't speak up. He was James Bond back then and I'm sure could have told Alfred to stop being a dick.

Love The Birds too and loved Rod Taylor but was disappointed that he never spoke up for Tippy back then and this was her first movie.

Such a shame. Alfred is lucky he's dead because you know he would have been brought up on charges now.

Amazing director but a dick in real life. Such a shame

I’m not sure what he did, if theres some kinda sex case thing behind all this but i will say this, if there isn’t and the crux of all this is centred around the thing of flinging the birds at her in the process of filming that scene, in the same way the thing about Tarantino and Uma Thurman driving the dodgy motor was labelled abuse I think we should think twice before lumping that shit in with the whole ‘me too’ debacle.

I mean do you have any idea how many stunt riders broke their fuckin arses for directors like William Wyler or John Ford, guys with no insurance, no fall back, no full briefing of the dangers of the shit they were doing?  Or even more regularly on the set or Wanted Dead or Alive or Rawhide or whatever.  Or perhaps when the dude on the set of Godfather tied an unprescedented number of squibs on James Caan for the Sonny death scene, does Jimmy Caan have the right to say he was put in danger and subject to abuse as a consequence?  What about the entire cast of Apocalypse Now, Martin Sheen had a heart attack partly from the stresses he was under, they were in The Phillipine jungle with no safety net, fuckin real napalm and real helicopters and real explosions going on right beside them, was that all abuse too?  On his first day working on the Hopalong Cassidy films the crew deliberately put Robert Mitchum on a dangerous horse for a laugh just to see him flung of umpteen times and nearly break his fuckin neck, was that abuse too?  Malcolm McDowell damaged his fuckin retina making A Clockwork Orange, Pete Townshend damaged his fuckin’ eardrums after Moonie blue up a drumkit on national TV with the help of a stage hand, is that abuse,  cuz ABC or NBC didnt keep an eye on things, should they pay for Petes treatment?

Once again, this isn’t directly associated to Tippi Hedren cuz i feel like I dunno exactly whats being referred to there, feels like theres been some kinda new revelations but this thing in general of being in danger on movie sets being suddenly equated to abuse its like, shit, what did you people get into movies for?  Now nobodys shit should be at risk if they dont want it but at the same time there’s a little bit of...whats the word?  Pussy i believe its called, pussy mentality to this shit.  Now sex abuse is a different kettle of fish fingers but as far as like bumps, bruises etc, give me a fuckin break.

5 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I’m not sure what he did, if theres some kinda sex case thing behind all this but i will say this, if there isn’t and the crux of all this is centred around the thing of flinging the birds at her in the process of filming that scene, in the same way the thing about Tarantino and Uma Thurman driving the dodgy motor was labelled abuse I think we should think twice before lumping that shit in with the whole ‘me too’ debacle.

I mean do you have any idea how many stunt riders broke their fuckin arses for directors like William Wyler or John Ford, guys with no insurance, no fall back, no full briefing of the dangers of the shit they were doing?  Or even more regularly on the set or Wanted Dead or Alive or Rawhide or whatever.  Or perhaps when the dude on the set of Godfather tied an unprescedented number of squibs on James Caan for the Sonny death scene, does Jimmy Caan have the right to say he was put in danger and subject to abuse as a consequence?  What about the entire cast of Apocalypse Now, Martin Sheen had a heart attack partly from the stresses he was under, they were in The Phillipine jungle with no safety net, fuckin real napalm and real helicopters and real explosions going on right beside them, was that all abuse too?  On his first day working on the Hopalong Cassidy films the crew deliberately put Robert Mitchum on a dangerous horse for a laugh just to see him flung of umpteen times and nearly break his fuckin neck, was that abuse too?  Malcolm McDowell damaged his fuckin retina making A Clockwork Orange, Pete Townshend damaged his fuckin’ eardrums after Moonie blue up a drumkit on national TV with the help of a stage hand, is that abuse,  cuz ABC or NBC didnt keep an eye on things, should they pay for Petes treatment?

Once again, this isn’t directly associated to Tippi Hedren cuz i feel like I dunno exactly whats being referred to there, feels like theres been some kinda new revelations but this thing in general of being in danger on movie sets being suddenly equated to abuse its like, shit, what did you people get into movies for?  Now nobodys shit should be at risk if they dont want it but at the same time there’s a little bit of...whats the word?  Pussy i believe its called, pussy mentality to this shit.  Now sex abuse is a different kettle of fish fingers but as far as like bumps, bruises etc, give me a fuckin break.

Yeah, Alfred did throw the birds at her, but he also never told her about the scene in the attic. Tippy was badly hurt by real birds and had to stay home for a few days to recuperate.

Also, in Marnie, Alfred added the nude scene just to make her uncomfortable. Everyone else said that scene made no sense since her character was sexual abused by her mother's men, so that scene didn't make sense. It didn't make sense for Sean connery's character to make love to her.

Whatever happened, and I do believe Tippy, it wasn't right, but different times let shit happen. I just don't get that his wife didn't stand up for the women he was abusing.

yeah, I know Malcolm hurt his eye making a clockwork orange. I was in a panel he did in a Texas horror convention. He was up for anything and at least was told about the scene. Tippy on the other hand never had a heads up about the shit that went down.

do you know Malcolm was the one who came up with the eye lashes on the one eye. Stanley loved the idea when he did it.

anyway, like I said, if you are made aware of stuff that will happen okay, but this was done purposely to Tippy.

Tarantino has apologized to Uma at least that's something. Alfred never said anything to Tippy he just fired her.

14 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, Alfred did throw the birds at her, but he also never told her about the scene in the attic. Tippy was badly hurt by real birds and had to stay home for a few days to recuperate.

Also, in Marnie, Alfred added the nude scene just to make her uncomfortable. Everyone else said that scene made no sense since her character was sexual abused by her mother's men, so that scene didn't make sense. It didn't make sense for Sean connery's character to make love to her.

Whatever happened, and I do believe Tippy, it wasn't right, but different times let shit happen. I just don't get that his wife didn't stand up for the women he was abusing.

yeah, I know Malcolm hurt his eye making a clockwork orange. I was in a panel he did in a Texas horror convention. He was up for anything and at least was told about the scene. Tippy on the other hand never had a heads up about the shit that went down.

do you know Malcolm was the one who came up with the eye lashes on the one eye. Stanley loved the idea when he did it.

anyway, like I said, if you are made aware of stuff that will happen okay, but this was done purposely to Tippy.

Tarantino has apologized to Uma at least that's something. Alfred never said anything to Tippy he just fired her.

The way I heard it went down McDowell was plenty pissed about the whole thing, the eye thing.