"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

Jurassic World

I loved this movie. I laughed and also cried at a few parts, but all in all it was awesome! I felt like I was running from the dinosaurs.

Can't wait for part 3.

I just love that Blue! she's is so cute!

15 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats not the point though is it, rape is about whether you're willing or not willing, people swingers meet at parties are often people who they have no idea who the hell they are or what disease they might have but as long as its consenting i.e. no one is saying or acting like they don't want it then its not rape is it?

True and I guess she was willing to have sex with him. I just laugh at some of the stuff they show in movies. I don't know many people who this happens to in real life.

Jason X

I remember seeing this in the movie theatre. My God! I was so bad. Why is it that some movies you think were so cool when they were released, suck big time when you watch them again on cable.

I give it to Kane Hodder. He does play a good Jason.

On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 4:29 PM, wasted said:

Trying to go see Sicario 2.

Loved the first one. Saw it on cable. Let us know how it is. I love Benecio Del Toro. He is so good in those movies.

1 minute ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Jason X

I remember seeing this in the movie theatre. My God! I was so bad. Why is it that some movies you think were so cool when they were released, suck big time when you watch them again on cable.

I give it to Kane Hodder. He does play a good Jason.

Loved the first one. Saw it on cable. Let us know how it is. I love Benecio Del Toro. He is so good in those movies.

Sicario, Wind River and Hell or High water are all pretty good from Taylor Sheridan. 

On 7/7/2018 at 2:34 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I don't understand why the makers of these Saw movies continue to change the past so much?

It's cause all of the movies went through so many different writers and directors. Towards the end they wrote themselves into a corner they couldn't get out of by using flashbacks to make the story more convoluted than it needed to be. The last 3 Saw films felt more like I was watching CSI than a horror movie.

Edited by Jabberwocky
  • Like 1

The Quiet Place

I give it a 4/5

First off, I found the kids very annoying. lol

The creatures were very cool looking. They reminded me of the insect aliens in the Starship Troopers movies.

It was weird how the creatures couldn't see or smell. Most creatures human or animal can smell. Oh well. Their ears were HUGE.

Of course, since most of us know there is a second one coming, I wasn't surprised by the ending.

To me it was kind of predicable storyline. I really wasn't surprised by things that happened. It was a bad movie, but I'm glad I didn't pay $10 or more to see it in the theatre.

9 hours ago, appetite4illusions said:

Sorry to Bother You

It feels like Spike Lee meets Terry Gilliam and it's awesome. 

Saw the preview and it actually looks good. Sometimes I don't like Spike Lee movies, but this one looks cool.

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:01 PM, Len Cnut said:

I seen that film about since I was a kid but never watched it, is it any good?

I saw this a long time ago. I liked how they spoke German. If I remember it was very good. It was seeing the war through the Germans eyes.

War sucked for everyone.

On ‎7‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:06 PM, J Dog said:

A Field in England 

Blackthorn

Insomnia

Insomnia with Al Pacino and Robin Williams?

I saw this movie in the theatre and I felt that I had insomnia too. It was filmed great. Don't think I would want to live in Alaska, even though it looked beautiful with all that snow.

On ‎7‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 6:16 PM, Jabberwocky said:

It's cause all of the movies went through so many different writers and directors. Towards the end they wrote themselves into a corner they couldn't get out of by using flashbacks to make the story more convoluted than it needed to be. The last 3 Saw films felt more like I was watching CSI than a horror movie.

Okay, but after Contas M or whatever he name is it started to confuse me because I didn't know who was actually behind the killings anymore?

I thought the Saw showing how Jigsaw's wife died was good. I totally understood him wanting to torture that guy who did it, but from what I understood, that guy was putting ideas in Shawnee Smith's head to make it harder for people to survive. I think Jigsaw wanted people to confess and have a chance, but the torture things were rigged to fail anyway.

Then when Cary Elwes showed up I didn't know what the hell was happening? also the Jigsaw movie showed you another doctor who was helping Jigsaw so when the hell did all these events take place? lol

At least the torture things were cool.

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I saw this movie in the theatre and I felt that I had insomnia too. It was filmed great. Don't think I would want to live in Alaska, even though it looked beautiful with all that snow.

Ha! I live here....you either love it or hate it but I am pretty sure that movie was not filmed up here. One movie which was is Frozen Ground with Nicholas Cage filmed mostly in the big city of Anchorage. Pretty cool seeing the city on screen. It is based on a true story in the 80's about a serial killer. Dark B movie but I thought it was pretty good. 

On 7/14/2018 at 4:00 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yea that’s the one. It was ok. It looked really good. One of those movies where a lot of it is all about the visual tone. 30 Days of Night is an ok horror movie set in Alaska.

Hannibal

Cult of Chucky

On 7/15/2018 at 10:20 AM, Len Cnut said:

El Dorado (1966) John Wayne, Robert Mitchum, James Caan

Classic. People get too caught up with the comparisons to Rio Bravo. It’s a good western all on its own. Hawks doesn’t get the recognition of the other big time directors but he made some really good ones. Red River is highly recommended.