"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On ‎29‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 6:57 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Sometimes shit happens. Steven was young and taking drugs and in the wrong places with people who took advantage of him. It happens all the time.

As for Hollywood, it has happened since Hollywood began. There have been many actresses who have been sexually abused and are long dead now. Who speaks for them? no one.

Anytime you have men or women in powerful positions, some will take advantage over others.

How can anyone blame the victim? I doubt Axl is that narrow minded.

My mom has a Bruce Lee action figure just like that one! Cool!

Wise words, yes, casting couch always been there, and still there in many industries and institutions. 

Axl seemed narrow minded, selfish, self-obsessed and dictatorial in some ways back then, according to the others' autobiographies, but they were young and in extraordinary confusing circumstances, so to be expected I guess. 

Also good points, such as being the most dedicated, considerate and faithful at times.

Sometimes he didn't see others' needs or complaints, and that meant he didn't understand their rebellion against him, and saw it as treachery!

4 hours ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

Wise words, yes, casting couch always been there, and still there in many industries and institutions. 

Axl seemed narrow minded, selfish, self-obsessed and dictatorial in some ways back then, according to the others' autobiographies, but they were young and in extraordinary confusing circumstances, so to be expected I guess. 

Also good points, such as being the most dedicated, considerate and faithful at times.

Sometimes he didn't see others' needs or complaints, and that meant he didn't understand their rebellion against him, and saw it as treachery!

Well, unfortunately when you are younger you do and say some stupid hurtful shit. Axl wanted GNR to be perfect and let's face it nothing is and they all had shit to deal with. Axl took it all upon himself to do it his way. I think now that he's older, he can step back and realize Steven needed help and sympathy.

Getting older makes you see things differently and hopefully you will do things better now. At least that's what my mom says. lol

Sometimes people don't realize how hurtful words can be. And when your world is falling apart you tend to be selfish and try to take care of only you.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:40 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I have not had the pleasure of seeing Party at Kitty and Stud's (aka Italian Stallion). 

He has a cameo in Staying Alive which he was also directing, when he bumps into Travolta on the street. That is that stupendously bad Saturday Night Fever sequel. 

Yeah, I remember that part. Sly showed John how to work out and get a pumped up body. Sly was ripped then too. The lead dancer was played by Finola Hughes who is now playing Anna Devane on General Hospital. She was so pretty back then.

Loved when John throws her across the stage and does his own dancing. So amazing.

• Like 1

Some modern Stallone potboilers,

The Expendables (2010 film)

Quite good. Jet Li is in it!

The Expendables 2 (2012 film)

Awful. Truly awful. 

Escape Plan (2013)

I almost liked this. The premise was very clever, but then the film falls away towards the end, does not know how to resolve itself (in a similarly clever manner). 

Teen Titans Go to the Movies

My daughter loves this tv show and the movie was awesome!

Nick Gage does the voice of Superman. Love him!

20 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Some modern Stallone potboilers,

The Expendables (2010 film)

Quite good. Jet Li is in it!

The Expendables 2 (2012 film)

Awful. Truly awful. 

Escape Plan (2013)

I almost liked this. The premise was very clever, but then the film falls away towards the end, does not know how to resolve itself (in a similarly clever manner). 

Loved the Expendable movies. Even 3 was pretty good. Escape Plan was awesome too. There is a second one, but I'll wait until it comes on cable. It looks pretty good though.

I do love Sly and can't wait for Creed 2 to be released. The trailer looks great.

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Samuel Beckett used to drive him to school. Andre said that the only thing he'd talk about was cricket. 

REALLY?!  Samuel Beckett, THE Samuel Beckett, the writer, Godot Beckett?  Fuck me, how could that escape a documentary about his life?!?

3 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

REALLY?!  Samuel Beckett, THE Samuel Beckett, the writer, Godot Beckett?  Fuck me, how could that escape a documentary about his life?!?

We don’t normally post many “today I learned” posts, but this one is just too awesome. Anyone who has ever watched wrestling back in the good ol’ days or has seen The Princess Bride knows that André the Giant was a massive, humongous —ahem, giant — guy. The famous Hulk Hogan was billed as 6 feet 7 inches tall, and everyone should remember this iconic moment between he and André, in which André made a guy who billed as the average height of an NBA player look tiny. When André was 12, he was already over 6 feet tall and weighed 240 pounds. He was too big to fit on the local school bus and his family didn’t have the money to buy a car that could deal with his weight if it drove him to and from school.

Samuel Beckett, Nobel Prize winner (literature) and esteemed playwright, probably most noted forWaiting for Godot, bought some land in 1953 near a hamlet around forty miles northeast of Paris and built a cottage for himself with the help of some locals. One of the locals that helped him build the cottage was a Bulgarian-born farmer named Boris Rousimoff, who Beckett befriended and would sometimes play cards with. As you might’ve been able to guess, Rousimoff’s son was André the Giant, and when Beckett found out that Rousimoff was having trouble getting his son to school, Beckett offered to drive André to school in his truck — a vehicle that could fit André — to repay Rousimoff for helping to build Beckett’s cottage. Adorably, when André recounted the drives with Beckett, he revealed they rarely talked about anything other than cricket.

https://www.themarysue.com/samuel-beckett-andre-the-giant/

On ‎2018‎-‎08‎-‎02 at 4:59 AM, Len Cnut said:

Andre the Giant documentary

I wanted to know more about his daughter! Who was the mother, did he meet her before or after he joined wwf? Did they have a relationship at all? Did he ultimately ever have a relationship with his daughter or bring her to his little farm?

What a lonely life really..I couldn't tell if he was happy or not. In many ways I think his was the real life story of The Wrestler..that same sad feeling grabbed me watching both.