"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

1 hour ago, -W.A.R- said:

If he didn't find Caddyshack dated, then i doubt he'll find Animal House dated. Certainly some scenes that probably had a detrimental effect on society and wouldn't be cool today.

It is one of those films you have to see though. First time i watched it i immediately started it over and watched it again.

I had Animal house and Blues brothers on betamax and only watched those 2 movies for a couple of years until I saved up for vhs. 

Oh yeah Animal House is the blueprint for #metoo and Eminem’s best song. 

The Possession of Hannah Grace I give it a 4/5. Nothing new that I haven't seen before in other movies and the ending was predicable.

Rampage with The Rock and Jeffrey Dean Morgan

A Very Bad Mom's Christmas 4/5 Some parts were laugh out loud funny, but then it got sappy at the end.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 3:29 PM, Lillie said:

Saw this in the movie. The Nun was creepy, but the story fell flat. I did like how James connected The Conjuring movies at the ending.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:28 AM, Len Cnut said:

Creed 2, that film was fuckin' shite.  80% melodrama with the fuckin' deaf bird and 20% good stuff.  Adonis Creed just ain't a sympathetic character at this point.  Viktor Drago is infinitely more sympathetic a character and he's not fleshed out nearly enough, instead its a good hour plus of a rich American Adonis Creed moaning basically, he just comes across as whiney.  I'll give it this though, they didn't paint Drago and his son as bad guys as such but rather people with the mark of life on them like Rocky himself.  Also, what the fuck are they afraid of?  Why is it that, right off the bat, Rocky is suddenly warning his fighter off of Viktor Drago?  I mean it made sense in Rocky 4 because Ivan Drago kills Apollo right?  Why the fuck are they so afraid of Viktor, nothings happened! :lol:  Quite a let down if I'm honest, there's loads more reasons I could say but I don't wanna give the film away for anyone who ain't seen it. 

I want to see this movie so badly. I loved the first Creed and I think this is a great way to finish up the Rocky saga. Seeing Sly and Dolph face to face again! Awesome.

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, Len Cnut said:

I've seen this film a million times but I've noticed something.  The guy in the bed when they break through to the other room, the one that looks like David Gower, is it my imagination or is he taking it up the arse when Matrix and Cooke bust in?  Its around 1:54, he's fuckin' bent over and the birds behind him, what the fuck are they up to?!  The camera doesn't linger long enough to tell if there's a strap on in play but watch it, there's some poo pokin' goin' on there, I swear.

Damn this was one of Arnold's best movies. I never tire of watching it. So many great lines.

lol only remember them busting into the room. Never really paid much attention. Just figured they were having sex.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, Len Cnut said:

Gone With the Wind (1939)

Never saw this movie. My mom wasn't a fan of Clark Gable so she never really watched it all either.

I guess it's a classic, but I felt it was over the top, but I guess for 1939 it was okay.

I know the black actress won an Oscar, so that was pretty cool for that time.

5 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The Possession of Hannah Grace I give it a 4/5. Nothing new that I haven't seen before in other movies and the ending was predicable.

Rampage with The Rock and Jeffrey Dean Morgan

A Very Bad Mom's Christmas 4/5 Some parts were laugh out loud funny, but then it got sappy at the end.

Saw this in the movie. The Nun was creepy, but the story fell flat. I did like how James connected The Conjuring movies at the ending.

I want to see this movie so badly. I loved the first Creed and I think this is a great way to finish up the Rocky saga. Seeing Sly and Dolph face to face again! Awesome.

I liked The Nun...Not as creepy as The Conjouring, but it was good..Yeah,the connection was all that!

The both Conjuring movies were fantastic. The Nun was okay, but I thought it could have been better. She was a creepy bitch. My mom went to Catholic school for 7 years and had nuns teaching her. Some were nice, but then some were real bitches. lol

I'm surprised that the Catholic Church had nothing to say about this movie? lol

21 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The both Conjuring movies were fantastic. The Nun was okay, but I thought it could have been better. She was a creepy bitch. My mom went to Catholic school for 7 years and had nuns teaching her. Some were nice, but then some were real bitches. lol

I'm surprised that the Catholic Church had nothing to say about this movie? lol

Yes The Conjuring 1+2  were top! But i liked the whole atmosphere in The Nun...I was expecting something more,but i liked it,anyway..Bonnie Aarons gave a great performance imo..

Edited by Lillie

I watched this movie on cable called "Dark Crimes" with Jim Carrey. It was made in Poland. not too bad. Very dark in the subject and his portrayal as a cop working on a cold case.

Yeah, the Nun was creepy. Especially in that old Church, but it didn't scare me like I wanted to be scared. Her face was very creepy. The make up was very good. I would love to be in an old church like that with tons of my friends to explore it.

European countries have the best old churches and castle that I would just love to explore.

41 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

As in Gary Oldman 1989 The Firm?  I watched that this weekend.  Or re-watched I should say.

No the scientology remake with Tom Cruise. 

On 03/12/2018 at 3:47 PM, Oldest Goat said:

Magnolia

5/5

The worst movie of all time. 

Re-evaluate tha emoji. 

Edited by wasted

Slaughtered Vomit Dolls (2006)

Plot: Angela Aberdeen (Ameara LaVey) is a teenage runaway that suffers from bulimia. In order to make ends meet she begins working as a prostitute. As her bulimia worsens, Angela begins to experience a series of hallucinations where she experiences visions of the deaths of her fellow strippers as well as various others.

It's shot in a fractured (almost schizophrenic) aesthetic. It's low budget but not camcorder in the backyard low budget. Lots of weird backmasking. Almost all of the dialog has constant sound design accompaniment. As described the plot is very non-linear and fucking bizarre. It is the first part of the Vomit Gore Trilogy. Yes, there is plenty of gore but a lot of vomit. Not fake..REAL vomit. Overall I'd give it a 2 out of 5. The other 2 sequels get "better" but they are VERY disgusting. Not for the faint of heart.

If you feel brave, somebody has uploaded it to YouTube if you wanna watch it but this is NSFW

Edited by Jabberwocky

11 hours ago, Jabberwocky said:

Slaughtered Vomit Dolls (2006)

Plot: Angela Aberdeen (Ameara LaVey) is a teenage runaway that suffers from bulimia. In order to make ends meet she begins working as a prostitute. As her bulimia worsens, Angela begins to experience a series of hallucinations where she experiences visions of the deaths of her fellow strippers as well as various others.

It's shot in a fractured (almost schizophrenic) aesthetic. It's low budget but not camcorder in the backyard low budget. Lots of weird backmasking. Almost all of the dialog has constant sound design accompaniment. As described the plot is very non-linear and fucking bizarre. It is the first part of the Vomit Gore Trilogy. Yes, there is plenty of gore but a lot of vomit. Not fake..REAL vomit. Overall I'd give it a 2 out of 5. The other 2 sequels get "better" but they are VERY disgusting. Not for the faint of heart.

If you feel brave, somebody has uploaded it to YouTube if you wanna watch it but this is NSFW

Sounds good, i shall have to have a peek at this.

Fortress of War (2010)

Russian war film about the Defence of Brest during the opening stages of Barbarossa (1941). Extremely good - better than your run of the mill post-Ryan  World War Two film. 4/5.

The King's Choice (2016)

Norwegian film about good olde Haakon VII whose country faced invasion by Jerry. More a biopic than a war film and very fine indeed. 4/5.

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, Sosso said:

Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Was it as good as the first one? I really wanted to see this movie, but never had the time. I will definitely get the blue ray. I love Eddie R. He's such an amazing actor and I love this story as much as the Harry Potter's stories.

I watched "Denial" with Rachel Wentz. Awesome movie.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Was it as good as the first one? I really wanted to see this movie, but never had the time. I will definitely get the blue ray. I love Eddie R. He's such an amazing actor and I love this story as much as the Harry Potter's stories.

I haven't watched the first Fantastic Beasts film yet to be honest, but the sequel was great. I'm glad that J. K. Rowling writes the screenplays for this series of spin-offs, because Harry Potter and the Cursed Child was garbabe. 

Edited by Sosso

Europa Europa (1990)

I first saw this in school, my history teaching subscribing to the theory that it is sufficient to put on a VHS film to educate! (She even put on Fiddler on the Roof!!).

It is superb really but it is alarming how horny he is. Sexual adventures seem to frame this Holocaust survival story. He romances (if not bones) the hunchback Polish girl. He gets the hots for some severe (but admittedly sexy looking) Bolshevik commissar. He rodgers some 50 year old battle axe on a train. He then charms a BDM, just drawing back from rogering her as she may see his circumcised todger. I was sure there was more than a hint of homoerotic attachment implied with that German soldier, and I half-expected him to start rodgering the BDM girl's mother (who finds out he is Jewish). 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Has some sort of revolution happened at the cinema and no ones told me?  Last time I went (which was a while ago, at least a year know) tickets were like a tenner a piece, maybe a touch more, went the other week and its like 6 quid a ticket.  Fuck, I'm gonna start going more often if thats the case regularly and it weren't just some sorta one off thing.  Checked though and its the same today too.