"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

3 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Not too bad...I like Bruce Willis and he did pretty good here. For a remake movie that is. I will have to watch the original now to compare!

The original is considered kind of a classic which is deserved, I just think it hasn't aged that well.  But as far as a tough guy you can't beat Bronson.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Oh no doubt, lol, the aneurysm is just what came to mind.  How about the old dude floating under the ice? He would float down then they would relocate him, and just look at him under the ice. Quite a scene.  Oh, and I almost forgot the woman getting her eyes plucked out by those demon crows then getting run over by a tractor trailer. Classic.

Yeah the ice scene was particularly stupid, why the fuck you going backwards motherfucker, to look for a new hole, what was wrong with the one you fell in from? :lol:

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

Seven

I hadn't seen it in years, and totally thought you see her head in the box at the end!

You see a kinda single frame spliced in of her face if I’m not mistaken?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The Swarm (1978) - Michael Caine, Katherine Ross, Olivia De Haviland, Henry Fonda, Richard Widmark, Slim Pickens, proper star studded cast

Those disaster scenario movies of the 70s were awesome and cheesy.  Have you seen Earthquake?  Ava Gardner plays Lorne Green's daughter, yes daughter,  they're like the same age in real life.

49 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Those disaster scenario movies of the 70s were awesome and cheesy.  Have you seen Earthquake?  Ava Gardner plays Lorne Green's daughter, yes daughter,  they're like the same age in real life.

Yeah, I have seen that actually, many many moons ago!  Shit, I'd forgotten that film existed until just now.  The disaster movie was kinda finding its feet back then with The Towering Inferno being a notable example of a really good one.  I actually quite like The Swarm though, I think it tanked when it came out.  They had these great ensemble casts too, I guess they were kinda big budget productions with a lot of hype so everyone wanted to get in on the ground floor.

Edited by Len Cnut

18 hours ago, lame ass security said:

The original is considered kind of a classic which is deserved, I just think it hasn't aged that well.  But as far as a tough guy you can't beat Bronson.

The most powerful character in that movie is the city itself.  Bronson always felt he was miscast in the role.

Edited by Len Cnut

32 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah, I have seen that actually, many many moons ago!  Shit, I'd forgotten that film existed until just now.  The disaster movie was kinda finding its feet back then with The Towering Inferno being a notable example of a really good one.  I actually quite like The Swarm though, I think it tanked when it came out.  They had these great ensemble casts too, I guess they were kinda big budget productions with a lot of hype so everyone wanted to get in on the ground floor.

The Towering Inferno was a good one.  Steve McQueen would only do the movie if he got top billing over Paul Newman.  I think he also insisted on more dialogue than Newman.  McQueen had a thing about sticking it to Newman because he felt he took the lead role away from him in Somebody Up There Likes Me.

5 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

The Towering Inferno was a good one.  Steve McQueen would only do the movie if he got top billing over Paul Newman.  I think he also insisted on more dialogue than Newman.  McQueen had a thing about sticking it to Newman because he felt he took the lead role away from him in Somebody Up There Likes Me.

I’m not sure he had more dialogue, hes hardly in it compared to Newman if i recall correctly but the rest I’ve heard some place too.  McQueen actually was an uncredited star in one of Newmans early movies Somebody Up There Likes Me where he played Rocky Graziano.  Newman was kind of the new young Actors Studio kid on the block and was kinda making it so McQueen had it out for him like, one day I’m gonna be there.

McQueen was competitive as fuck throughout his movie roles, in Mag 7 he was constantly competing with Brynner, in every scene where hes with Brynner if he’s lacking dialogue he’d do something, some little move, add some kind of nuance to take your attention off Brynner and onto McQueen...and it fuckin’ worked too, I mean I saw that movie with my old man as a kid and I was immediately struck with McQueen and later from finding this shit out I realised why, he’s deliberately trying to steal the scene, like when they’re riding that hearse carriage and McQueen lifts the shotgun cartridge to his ear and shakes it, what the fuck is doing, tryna make it rattle? :lol:  Its a meaningless little move but it looks so cool when he does it.

He never even wanted to do the Thomas Crown Affair initially, he only went at it so hard because his wife told him (in an effort to get him to do it) that Norman Jewison the director didn’t want him for the job cuz he was too common, too rough and tumble to play a suave Ivy League kinda guy.

There’s even an interview with Bruce Lee on the Pierre Burton show where he makes a similar observation about Steve:

he goes on in that interview to state that James Coburn in contrast grasped the philosophical aspect of martial arts better than Steve as that was his inclination.

32 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I’m not sure he had more dialogue, hes hardly in it compared to Newman if i recall correctly but the rest I’ve heard some place too.  McQueen actually was an uncredited star in one of Newmans early movies Somebody Up There Likes Me where he played Rocky Graziano.  Newman was kind of the new young Actors Studio kid on the block and was kinda making it so McQueen had it out for him like, one day I’m gonna be there.

McQueen was competitive as fuck throughout his movie roles, in Mag 7 he was constantly competing with Brynner, in every scene where hes with Brynner if he’s lacking dialogue he’d do something, some little move, add some kind of nuance to take your attention off Brynner and onto McQueen...and it fuckin’ worked too, I mean I saw that movie with my old man as a kid and I was immediately struck with McQueen and later from finding this shit out I realised why, he’s deliberately trying to steal the scene, like when they’re riding that hearse carriage and McQueen lifts the shotgun cartridge to his ear and shakes it, what the fuck is doing, tryna make it rattle? :lol:  Its a meaningless little move but it looks so cool when he does it.

He never even wanted to do the Thomas Crown Affair initially, he only went at it so hard because his wife told him (in an effort to get him to do it) that Norman Jewison the director didn’t want him for the job cuz he was too common, too rough and tumble to play a suave Ivy League kinda guy.

There’s even an interview with Bruce Lee on the Pierre Burton show where he makes a similar observation about Steve:

he goes on in that interview to state that James Coburn in contrast grasped the philosophical aspect of martial arts better than Steve as that was his inclination.

Yep, I read that about him trying to upstage Yul Brenner in their scenes together, he was a sly one.  Maybe I recalled incorrectly about the dialogue thing.  He might've been offered Newman's role but chose the firefighter role because it was more heroic. It might be on IMDb, cant really remember. Did you catch the Reelz show Autopsy about Bruce Lee?  I've seen multiple documentaries on him and it seems each one has a different theory on his cause of death.

Edited by lame ass security

8 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Yep, I read that about him trying to upstage Yul Brenner in their scenes together, he was a sly one.  Maybe I recalled incorrectly about the dialogue thing.  He might've been offered Newman's role but chose the firefighter role because it was more heroic. It might be on IMDb, cant really remember. Did you catch the Reelz show Autopsy about Bruce Lee?  I've seen multiple documentaries on him and it seems each one has a different theory on his cause of death.

I’ve always thought cerebral edema was the accepted cause of death?  Which is like brain swelling I think, an allergic reaction to some kinda painkillers he took.

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 10:26 PM, marlingrl03 said:

Death Wish and Happy Death Day...yeah kind of a theme happening coincidentally lol.

I saw both of these movies. I did like the remake of Death Wish. I was surprised how it wasn't as explicit as the original one with Charles Bronson with Eli Roth directing it. You know how he usually goes overboard with sex and violence.

Happy Death Day was a nice surprise. I wanted to see the sequel, but never did. I'll probably buy the dvd when it's released.

21 hours ago, lame ass security said:

My mom and dad saw this movie on their first date. lol My mom is a big Steve McQueen fan as well as Paul Newman and Robert Wagner back in the day. All three were in the movie. Yeah, she told me that Steve wanted top billing too. Crazy.  I've seen the movie on cable and I think it still holds up. Very explicit fire scenes. Scary.

and OJ Simpson is in it too. He saved the little cat. lol Boy did things change for him.

2 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

Already a sequel?? I thought it just came out last year? Wow they were quick then! Dang!!

The sequel came out on Valentine's day last week. It looked good. Same people in it as the first one.

The only problem I had is when they would show a commercial for it they would play the 50 cent song, but it was never played in the original movie. Now in the sequel preview it's played all the way through. I was going to complain if it wasn't played by 50 in this sequel. lol Love that song.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, lame ass security said:

That seems to be the one I've heard most often, but I've also heard steroids and even a murder conspiracy. 

My mom is a BIG Bruce Lee fan and she's seen all the movies with him and shows and specials about his life and death. She often wondered if Bruce had stayed in the US if he would have still lived longer? Yeah, all those theories were told about, but I don't think anyone knew for sure? Bruce was a huge talent in so many ways and it was too tragic for him to die so soon. Same thing with his son Brandon.  We were fans of his too.

Bruce's daughter Shannon still keeps his memory alive as well as his martial arts style.