Black Sabbath

"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2019 Edition

10 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Death Wish - Usually not a big fan of Bruce Willis outside of the first few Die Hard films, but this was good. Being a fan of The Punisher, I like vigilantes.

Brawl On Cell Block 99 - Who knew that a Vince Vaughn film would be this good. I like the brutality, and cheesy special effects.

Have you seen the original Death Wish films?  If not you should, they're fuckin' great.  Cell Block 99 is sick too.  

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Have you seen the original Death Wish films?  If not you should, they're fuckin' great.  Cell Block 99 is sick too.  

I'll have to look into those!

6 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

9 minutes ago, Dazey said:

See I'm pissed now and I've messaged you pissed many times so are you aware of my on-going comic fascination with that scene or is this just a random thing?

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

High Noon

5/5

Oh you beautiful bastard you!  If you was a swan I'd shag you right now, you watched High Noon?  And rated it 5 out of 5?  Oh nice one lad, go on!  Cracking film innit?  'do not forsake me oh my darling!', fuckin' absolute belter of a film!  I maintain there are like a handful of 10 out of 10 films out there and thats one of em.  Clockwork Orange is another, Reservoir Dogs is another, Apocalypse Now is another but God bless you young man, God bless your fuckin' bones for being all of, what, 21, 22, and rating that film, you're a good fuckin' lad and don't let no one tell you any different, morality, principles, right and wrong, thats all bollocks, if you can tell a good film from a bad thats truly the measure of a man and here on Christmas Day 2018 you've passed the test with flying colours, that means you're sort of like Jesus, perhaps better actually cuz I don't think he ever saw High Noon, he weren't about then.

• Haha 1

Peggie Sue- one of my faves as well! And Howard the Duck I haven't seen since I was a kid! That is one movie you never see on TV lol!!! :lol: 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

See I'm pissed now and I've messaged you pissed many times so are you aware of my on-going comic fascination with that scene or is this just a random thing?

Oh you beautiful bastard you!  If you was a swan I'd shag you right now, you watched High Noon?  And rated it 5 out of 5?  Oh nice one lad, go on!  Cracking film innit?  'do not forsake me oh my darling!', fuckin' absolute belter of a film!  I maintain there are like a handful of 10 out of 10 films out there and thats one of em.  Clockwork Orange is another, Reservoir Dogs is another, Apocalypse Now is another but God bless you young man, God bless your fuckin' bones for being all of, what, 21, 22, and rating that film, you're a good fuckin' lad and don't let no one tell you any different, morality, principles, right and wrong, thats all bollocks, if you can tell a good film from a bad thats truly the measure of a man and here on Christmas Day 2018 you've passed the test with flying colours, that means you're sort of like Jesus, perhaps better actually cuz I don't think he ever saw High Noon, he weren't about then.

Haha I'm 27 actually, gettin' old. But yeah I've always loved westerns. People dismiss them sometimes as old hat but they have a lot of raw nuance, they're great. Unforgiven is possibly my 2nd favourite western. Love all the films you mentioned. I'm a big Kubrick fan, he's a genius.

Meitantei Konan: Gin’yoku no Majishan

Meitantei Konan: Seikimatsu no Majutsushi

Meitantei Konan: Hitomi no naka no Ansatsusha

Edited by Sosso

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Fist of Fury (1972)

another awesome Bruce Lee movie.

Anyone see Aquaman yet? I want to see it Sunday. ET magazine didn't give it a very good write up, so seeing Jason Momoa anytime is a treat for me. ;)

Yardie (2018)

Directed by Idris Elba...though he's not gonna get a lot of mainstream play with this it has all the hallmarks of a cult classic.

Edited by Len Cnut

Over the past 24 hours I've squeezed in Mr. Deeds and Trainspotting 2. Great films.

Jurassic World II: Fallen Kingdom

It's a shitty thing, but none of the sequels even came close to the first film. 

Widows - Overall a great movie, but fairly drab. Recommend, but not a lot of rewatch value.

Bumblebee - Much smaller in scale compared to the other Transformers movies and focused more on story and character development. I really enjoyed it.

Life of the Party with Melissa McCarthy

I give it 4/5. Better than I thought it would be and so funny. So many SNL actors past and present are in this movie, plus a surprise guest at the end.

Maya Rudolph is so damn funny. I was laughing out loud!

Aquaman

Just watched "Juliet, Naked" on a flight. Felt like the perfect film for people who've spent an unhealthy amount of time obsessing over and debating a middle-aged rock star on an online forum :P 

3 hours ago, Amir said:

Just watched "Juliet, Naked" on a flight. Felt like the perfect film for people who've spent an unhealthy amount of time obsessing over and debating a middle-aged rock star on an online forum :P 

It’s pretty damn sweet. Ethan Hawke is delightful.

Roma - insanely overrated. I rarely agree wholeheartedly with Armond White, but godamn I do on this.

Green Book - treacly and obvious.

The Favorite - a spiteful, vicious cunt of a film. Adored it.

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

Venom on dvd

I know this movie didn't get such a good review, but I really liked it a lot. I like Tom Hardy, but the overall storyline was unique and I thought the Venom and Riot character were awesome.

I recommend it.

Stan Lee makes an appearance too. What a lovely man.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Venom on dvd

I know this movie didn't get such a good review, but I really liked it a lot. I like Tom Hardy, but the overall storyline was unique and I thought the Venom and Riot character were awesome.

I recommend it.

Stan Lee makes an appearance too. What a lovely man.

I just watched Venom.

Went with very low expectations, and was pleasently suprised. I dig it. Very re-watchable.