"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

16 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My mom is a BIG Bruce Lee fan and she's seen all the movies with him and shows and specials about his life and death. She often wondered if Bruce had stayed in the US if he would have still lived longer? Yeah, all those theories were told about, but I don't think anyone knew for sure? Bruce was a huge talent in so many ways and it was too tragic for him to die so soon. Same thing with his son Brandon.  We were fans of his too.

Bruce's daughter Shannon still keeps his memory alive as well as his martial arts style.

Yeah, it seems some shady things would sometimes go down when he went back to Hong Kong.  Could've been a possible Chinese mafia connection to some if it, but that's just conjecture.

27 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

My mom and dad saw this movie on their first date. lol My mom is a big Steve McQueen fan as well as Paul Newman and Robert Wagner back in the day. All three were in the movie. Yeah, she told me that Steve wanted top billing too. Crazy.  I've seen the movie on cable and I think it still holds up. Very explicit fire scenes. Scary.

and OJ Simpson is in it too. He saved the little cat. lol Boy did things change for him.

The sequel came out on Valentine's day last week. It looked good. Same people in it as the first one.

The only problem I had is when they would show a commercial for it they would play the 50 cent song, but it was never played in the original movie. Now in the sequel preview it's played all the way through. I was going to complain if it wasn't played by 50 in this sequel. lol Love that song.

Oh yeah, lol, I forgot the Juice was in it.  That movie was a who's who of stars really.  I'm a fan of Robert Wagner also,  I used to watch Hart to Hart with him and Stephanie Powers.  But I can't think about him without also thinking about the Natalie Wood situation,  but I digress. 

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Yeah, it seems some shady things would sometimes go down when he went back to Hong Kong.  Could've been a possible Chinese mafia connection to some if it, but that's just conjecture.

Man they say that with every famous person who dies, Elvis, Jim Morrison, James Dean, Tupac, all these people are alive somewhere waiting for nuclear war so they can go out and re-populated the species :lol: They better get some females in there or they're in trouble, all they got is Janis and she must be well past the menopause :lol: 

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Man they say that with every famous person who dies, Elvis, Jim Morrison, James Dean, Tupac, all these people are alive somewhere waiting for nuclear war so they can go out and re-populated the species :lol: They better get some females in there or they're in trouble, all they got is Janis and she must be well past the menopause :lol: 

Yup,  lol, seems like Janis and Marilyn Monroe get mentioned the most.  

19 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Oh yeah, lol, I forgot the Juice was in it.  That movie was a who's who of stars really.  I'm a fan of Robert Wagner also,  I used to watch Hart to Hart with him and Stephanie Powers.  But I can't think about him without also thinking about the Natalie Wood situation,  but I digress. 

Yeah, I hear you. My mom too. She hopes that Robert didn't have a hand in Natalie's death. She loved her too.

Robert just turned 89 and is now married to Jill St. John.

My mom said it was shocking when she learned of Natalie's death of drowning because she knew she was so afraid of water and drowning. She did a movie when she was a child where she almost died by drowning, so she hated it. She also broke her wrist during that scene.

Her mom was an original Hollywood mom. Even when Natalie was raped and abused by a big time producer, her mom told her to keep quiet and keep working. How fucked up is that? but it was the 1950's in Hollywood and since it took decades for women to have their voices heard it just is so sad all the more.

Anyway, yeah, the 70's was the decade of all those big budget and tons of A list actors in those tragic movies.

18 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Yeah,  whenever some one famous dies there's always some conspiracy theory over their death.  It was just so unexpected it and sad. Bruce Lee was already dead when Enter the Dragon came out. don't get me started on what they did to Game of Death. The fight scenes with the real Bruce were unreal, but the whole movie is just too sad for me and my mom to watch.

Well, in the case of Janis and Jim and Jimi, since they were either taking drugs or drinking their deaths were a surprise, but not unexpected. I'm surprised more musicians aren't dead. Guess it's the luck of the draw. Who knows where they would have been? I think Jimi would have continued to play music and possibly Janis, but Jim I think would have just went his own way and just quit music all together. Maybe write more poems or books.

8 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

nyv-fea-0910-fox-still.jpg

'billed as the next James Dean', yeah, he looks it :lol: 

Fox from The Warriors. yeah, cute for the time, but no where near the talent of James Dean.

He did the Warriors and then The Thing, but anything else.

James Remar who played Ajax has had the longest career or all those guys. He's currently playing in Black Lightening and still looks amazing.

11 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

nyv-fea-0910-fox-still.jpg

'billed as the next James Dean', yeah, he looks it :lol: 

Hilarious. You know, he was in a movie with Al Pacino called ...And Justice for All where he played a sympathetic character who had been jailed.  Pacino played his attorney who was trying to get him out but it didn't turn out well.  Anyway, that was a really good movie, I recommend it.

3 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Yeah, I hear you. My mom too. She hopes that Robert didn't have a hand in Natalie's death. She loved her too.

Robert just turned 89 and is now married to Jill St. John.

My mom said it was shocking when she learned of Natalie's death of drowning because she knew she was so afraid of water and drowning. She did a movie when she was a child where she almost died by drowning, so she hated it. She also broke her wrist during that scene.

Her mom was an original Hollywood mom. Even when Natalie was raped and abused by a big time producer, her mom told her to keep quiet and keep working. How fucked up is that? but it was the 1950's in Hollywood and since it took decades for women to have their voices heard it just is so sad all the more.

Anyway, yeah, the 70's was the decade of all those big budget and tons of A list actors in those tragic movies.

Yeah, the night on that boat with Wagner, Wood, and Christopher Walken is shrouded in mystery.  Probably will never know what really happened.  Jill St. John was great  as the Bond girl in Diamonds Are Forever.  That bikini, wow, lol.

Edited by lame ass security

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

Hilarious. You know, he was in a movie with Al Pacino called ...And Justice for All where he played a sympathetic character who had been jailed.  Pacino played his attorney who was trying to get him out but it didn't turn out well.  Anyway, that was a really good movie, I recommend it.

Yeah i seen that film, I don’t remember fuck all from it though except Pacino losing it in the last scene.

7 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Yup, that last scene is classic.  Pacino is representing John Forsythe's character, who is a judge on trial for rape, and totally turns the tables on him.

YOU’RE OUTTA ORDER!  THIS WHOLE COURTS OUTTA ORDER!! thats the one right? :lol:  Such a shame, I’m starting to forget so many movies.

On 2/11/2019 at 8:57 AM, DieselDaisy said:

Fury is actually a reasonably good war film and fairly historically accurate. They used a bona fide German Tiger I, the only surviving operational one in the world which they borrowed from The Tank Museum in Bovington. It was captured by the 48th Royal Tank Regiment in Tunisia in 1943 and shipped to England. It is the first time a genuine Tiger I has been used in a movie since 1950. Here she is today, in her museum,

Compare this to Saving Private Ryan which used some Czech Cold War era tank dressed up as a Tiger. In most war films the tanks are dodgy as hell (one exception is Cross of Iron).

I haven't seen it, but my issue is Brad Pitt is far too old to believably be a Staff Sergeant. I suppose it was technically possible, maybe? I don't know what protocol was like at this time, but if it's anything like it is today, his character should have been half his age to be decently accurate.

On 2/18/2019 at 5:01 PM, lame ass security said:

Those disaster scenario movies of the 70s were awesome and cheesy.  Have you seen Earthquake?  Ava Gardner plays Lorne Green's daughter, yes daughter,  they're like the same age in real life.

China Syndrome was good.

14 minutes ago, OmarBradley said:

I haven't seen it, but my issue is Brad Pitt is far too old to believably be a Staff Sergeant. I suppose it was technically possible, maybe? I don't know what protocol was like at this time, but if it's anything like it is today, his character should have been half his age to be decently accurate.

China Syndrome was good.

It was, I've always been a Jack Lemmon fan. I thought it was funny that Hanoi Jane was in a movie called The China Syndrome.  That wasn't a particularly nice moniker to be tagged with.

Deadpool 2

wow! This movie was just as good as the first one.

so damn funny. Some parts I was actually laughing out loud!

3 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

Baby Driver

This was far better than I was expecting. I'm not really into the whole 'car movie', but this was pretty neat!

I know what you mean. I watched this movie on cable one Sunday afternoon and was pleasantly surprised on how good it was.

21 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

The end is proper funny, if slightly fascist.

Another of my mom's favorite actors. She liked this movie too. Charles Bronson got so super famous as he got older. Good for him.