"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:06 PM, lame ass security said:

Hilarious. You know, he was in a movie with Al Pacino called ...And Justice for All where he played a sympathetic character who had been jailed.  Pacino played his attorney who was trying to get him out but it didn't turn out well.  Anyway, that was a really good movie, I recommend it.

Damn I must have seen it, but don't remember.

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 4:48 PM, lame ass security said:

The Town That Dreaded Sundown (1976). Undoubtedly, the only movie where a person was killed with a trombone.

Saw this on a cable channel and also the remake. I think the original one was better.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 5:18 PM, Black Sabbath said:

Green Book - More lighthearted than I thought it would be, and both leads were great. An overall “feel good” movie to a degree. I enjoyed it.

8/10

I want to see this movie. It looks so good. The other day on The View they talked about the real man who wrote the Green Book and who the movie is based on. I will definitely watch it hopefully when it comes on cable. I love to watch movies that are good and you learn something from them.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

You just like movies with the word "Warriors" in it.😄  I have to say I'm not familiar with this one.

You should REALLY watch it, Goatie off this forum reccomended it and its honestly a work of art.  Its so good I took it upon myself to download the sequel.  I think its the first New Zealand film I’ve ever seen and its an absolute belter.  Its sort of like a kiwi Nil by Mouth.  

34 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

You should REALLY watch it, Goatie off this forum reccomended it and its honestly a work of art.  Its so good I took it upon myself to download the sequel.  I think its the first New Zealand film I’ve ever seen and its an absolute belter.  Its sort of like a kiwi Nil by Mouth.  

Yup, I googled it and one of the similar movies was Nil by Mouth.  I'll definitely have to check it out.

Slender Man

I guess this was a horror story about a video you see online. Reminded me of the ring. Some scary scenes but overall not very good. Still not sure what the hell was going on?

Tag

A movie about 5 grown men who have been playing tag since they were kids and they continued to play tag for over 30 years for the whole month of May.

After the movie was over, they showed clips of the real 5 guys. I was like this movie was for real? what a lame ass movie. Luckily for Jeremy Renner that he's in the Avenger movies because this one was so damn stupid and why was it even made?

Crippled Avengers Love this movie. I've seen it so many times but never get bored with it. it has my all time favorite Asian actors in it like the Deadly Venoms movies.

Speaking of Warriors. I forgot which cable channel it is either SHO or MAX or even Starz, I have them all and get confused. lol

There's going to be a series based on the beliefs of Bruce Lee. Can't wait to see this show! Bruce Lee lives on!

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World (1963).  Simply a classic, a virtual who's who of comedy stars in this one.  Jonathan Winters, Milton Berle, Mickey Rooney, Jim Backus, Sid Caesar.  And that's not even half of the cast.  Along with the great Spencer Tracy.  It's not without its faults though, it's probably a bit overlong and the sound mix is really loud.  I see this movie every few years and it never gets old.

Edited by lame ass security

Aguirre, the Wrath of God (1972)

Das Boot (1981) 

This is one of my favourite films of all time, however I had strangely never gotten around to seeing the television series version, only confining myself to the Director's Cut - yes, it is a bit like Blade Runner in that it possesses multiple variants. There was the original theatrical film (1981), then a mini-series (1984) with all this extra stuff, all these dialogue scenes, screened on BBC 2 and in Germany. Then there was a Director's Cut (1997) which sort of incorporates some of the televised stuff into the film. This DVD I possess, which was released 2004, strings together the entire TV series into one mammoth definitive 293 minute uncut version. Probably one for the fanatics. The Director's Cut suffices for most. But I love it. 

By the way this is unrelated to the new (2018) television series which is a sequel (thank god!). That is good - I have reviewed it in the TV section - but not a patch on the original. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

Saw Green Book yesterday. It was pretty good. Viggo's just always great. 

Sadly, it seems the film took some liberties that it didn't need to. Don Shirley's living relatives say they were never consulted about the filmmaking and that resulted in some minor and major inaccuracies. The biggest two I read are the YMCA and fried chicken scenes being fictitious, both of which were pretty big scenes in regards to the narrative.

I don't agree it's a "white savior" film though, which some critics seem to be labeling it as.

On 2/25/2019 at 6:29 PM, Angelica said:

Vox Lux - holy shit, I actually loved something! Ties with Cold War and The Favorite as my best of 2018. 

Seeing this Monday, pretty excited now, enjoyed Cold War and The Favourite was one of my favourites of 2018.

Rented Mandy, You Were Never Really Here, and First Reformed this week, enjoyed all of them, the latter two especially. Phoenix and Hawke gave two of the best performances of the year.

• Like 1