"What Movie Did You Watch?" - 2020 Edition

The first seasons of 90210 weren't as ''soapy'' as later on, when it really became a soap, they dealt with a lot of social issues in the beginning. 

I watched so much bad television in the 90's though, sometimes I happen to catch something on repeat and I cannot believe that I spent entire seasons watching shows like that back then. I guess you really do get older and wiser.

32 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I guess you really do get older and wiser.

One of lifes twisted little ironies, when you're young and you need wisdom you're thick as fuck and when you're old and it don't matter anymore suddenly you know it all.  Quite frankly age hasn't done me any favours in the wisdom stakes either, I was watching the A Team last week :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut

45 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

One of lifes twisted little ironies, when you're young and you need wisdom you're thick as fuck and when you're old and it don't matter anymore suddenly you know it all.  Quite frankly age hasn't done me any favours in the wisdom stakes either, I was watching the A Team last week :lol:

Haha... I watched an episode myself last week for the first time in ages because it happened to be on. I can't believe it has been on repeat non stop since the 80's. This is an example of a show that I watched millions of times as a kid, but it's really, really bad. Murdock is still lots of fun, though.

43 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Haha... I watched an episode myself last week for the first time in ages because it happened to be on. I can't believe it has been on repeat non stop since the 80's. This is an example of a show that I watched millions of times as a kid, but it's really, really bad. Murdock is still lots of fun, though.

The most fun thing about it to me, then and now, is Mr T's creative ways of telling someone he's gonna kick their heads, it would sound shit if me or you said it but comin' from him it sounded cool as fuck :lol:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Oliver was kind of different to the others, the others were sort of in a long line of drinking thespians but Ollie was very much considered as the johnny-come-lately of the bunch, he wasn't classically trained like they were (despite the fact that his Uncle was Carol Reed and his grandfather was Herbert Berbohm Tree who started the Royal Academy of Dramatic Arts), he was very much considered as someone who kind of did it cuz it was the thing to do, whereas O Toole, Burton etc were more functional alcoholics, they could quite happily and handsomely perform whilst pissed as fuck. 

Oliver had an instinctive knack for movie acting, I think RADA would have been terrible for him.  The key understanding movie acting is that its almost like acting by numbers, its not the scene its the shot, it zeroes in on the twitches of your facial muscles and the drift of your eyes, he made his bones making Hammer Horror films and learning on the job.  And you got that feeling when your Richard Harrises and Peter O Tooles spoke about him.

Yeah, they kind of had that elitist mentality and looked down on actors who weren't really trained in the theater.  Looking at my list it seems I'm forgetting someone.  You mentioned that Michael Caine was one of your favorites, but I don't think he had the reputation as a drinker like the other guys.

10 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Yeah, they kind of had that elitist mentality and looked down on actors who weren't really trained in the theater.  Looking at my list it seems I'm forgetting someone.  You mentioned that Michael Caine was one of your favorites, but I don't think he had the reputation as a drinker like the other guys.

He was a pretty heavy drinker too, like two bottles of vodka a day type, he just wasn't specifically reknowned for the carousing as much as Reed and thems mental antics.  He was well up there though and a good mate of the aforementioned.  Your list seems pretty solid though, in terms of the English ones.  John Wayne was a world class drinker by all accounts, as was Robert Mitchum.

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

He was a pretty heavy drinker too, like two bottles of vodka a day type, he just wasn't specifically reknowned for the carousing as much as Reed and thems mental antics.  He was well up there though and a good mate of the aforementioned.  Your list seems pretty solid though, in terms of the English ones.  John Wayne was a world class drinker by all accounts, as was Robert Mitchum.

Oh, well, if we start talking about the American ones then we'll need a calculator to add them up.😄  Yeah, Wayne and Mitchum were renowned for their consumption.   Two of the early guys would be John Barrymore and Errol Flynn.  I'm pretty sure Flynn had a house in Malibu that they dubbed "cirrhosis by the sea".

10 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Oh, well, if we start talking about the American ones then we'll need a calculator to add them up.😄  Yeah, Wayne and Mitchum were renowned for their consumption.   Two of the early guys would be John Barrymore and Errol Flynn.  I'm pretty sure Flynn had a house in Malibu that they dubbed "cirrhosis by the sea".

Errol Flynn was a pretty accomplished shagger as well.

Took my daughter to see "Wonder Park". Very good movie. Some sad parts, so if your child is young, it might upset them. My daughter is 8 and she was sad over a few parts.

Watched:

The First Purge I actually liked this movie. Plenty of action and good storyline

Searching Another awesome movie. It's playing on Starz this month. Tons of twists and turns. It's about a dad who is looking for his missing daughter through all her contacts on her computer. Really very good story and like I said plenty of twists and a shocking ending.

I recommend this movie.

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 9:01 AM, EvanG said:

The first seasons of 90210 weren't as ''soapy'' as later on, when it really became a soap, they dealt with a lot of social issues in the beginning. 

I watched so much bad television in the 90's though, sometimes I happen to catch something on repeat and I cannot believe that I spent entire seasons watching shows like that back then. I guess you really do get older and wiser.

Beverly Hills 20210 is on the POP channel every day. It has 3 episodes on each day. Loved this show back in the day and Dylan was my favorite character. Brandon second.

Looking forward to checking this out!

I actually dont like how TMNT has increasingly gone towards a darker, Batman-like tone but whatever, its still TMNT. Now we can have a side by side comparison of who perpetuates the myth of redemptive violence best!! :headbang::lol:

The Inventor: Out for Blood in Silicon Valley

I give it a 6/10

Kind of left disappointed by this documentary aired on HBO.  The story of Elizabeth Holmes is fascinating but I feel the documentary only scratches the surface.  So much time and attention is spent on getting to the scam while little is done to explain who Holmes is.  It's kind of mind-blowing they don't reference her fake voice at all and explore what this says about gender and the need to be taken seriously.  Instead the documentary seems fixated on her looks in a way that documentaries on men don't.  

Still an interesting story and it kept my attention largely on the fact that the basics of the scandal are fascinating, if not shocking.  

Looking forward to the film-adaptation of this story with Jennifer Lawrence playing Elizabeth Holmes.  

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Snowpiercer (2013)

Wacky dystoptian sci-fier in the Fifth Element style. Fairly good. Certain elements didn't work but reasonably good. 

John Hurt, Tilda, Ed Harris. It was a great film. It's been quite a few years since I've watched so I don't recall my grievances with it, but I have overwhelmingly positive memories of the film. I went into it expecting something kind of 'meh' and was pleasantly surprised.

On 3/23/2019 at 3:10 AM, OmarBradley said:

John Hurt, Tilda, Ed Harris. It was a great film. It's been quite a few years since I've watched so I don't recall my grievances with it, but I have overwhelmingly positive memories of the film. I went into it expecting something kind of 'meh' and was pleasantly surprised.

Yes, I like Bong Joon-ho's films. Memories of a Murder is a masterpiece. The Host is a fun film also.

Revenge of the Sith

Almost redeems the entire trilogy. The last 45 minutes live up to the job of setting the stage for the original trilogy, imo.

The brief scene where a preteen jedi fights back during the massacre. Never noticed it before.